Am I crazy in thinking Ghostly Strike should be a self-buff?

I have tried incorporating Ghostly Strike into my rotation so many times and I always end up being disappointed with it.

This time I tried it with 5.2k haste + Bloodthirsty Instinct and it felt miserable in any AoE situation. I know Quick Draw is considered better for AoE, but I have seen plenty of people from logs using Ghostly Strike with even less (and at times ridiculously low haste) and I have no idea how they do it.

It feels particularly bad in Mythic+ where you often have to quickly switch targets to use CC, even chain CC like Gouge one and BtE stun another. It feels clunky as hell then finding your original target, which probably has little of the buff duration left or none at all, then you have to find a new target to apply it to. Also, on any difficulty below 5 it is not very viable on a lot of trash packs because they die so quickly with a decent group of DPS.

I am probably over exaggerating but this is how I feel. The rotation with Ghostly Strike just never worked out for me no matter how hard I tried, it never felt natural compared to Quick Draw and how it smoothens the rotation, especially with the need to re-roll often times.

Also - it totally makes sense with how Blade Flurry works our character being the source of the cleave.

Just like Vendetta.

But you can't declare Vendetta on everyone else.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But you can't declare Vendetta on everyone else.
    But you should.

i would be damn fine with GS if it would just last 20 seconds rather than 15.

Should have the option of Declaring vendetta on yourself, giving you the 20% dmg bonus but losing out on the Major Golden Trait from your relic.