... LastLast

Blizzard should reset the exploiter's artifact knowledge back to 1

removing their earned AP isnt enough as punishment IMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Why isn't it?
    Because it's not a punishment, is it?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

And then what? This people will quit en mass. Its essentially Blizzards fault because of the silly grind they created for such a mandatory thing. I was there, thousends of people exploited it, the last target you had to kill was camped by 20+ 5 men grps at the same time (on one shard).

Deleted
    They are only removing the AP of people that extensivly exploited it. Not of everyone who used it. Guildy farmed it for 2 hours and got to keep it all when he got unbanned. I disagree with the AK reset but they should be hard rolled back to the day before losing anything they recieved on the day of the exploit including items, AP from any source, any other curreny or quest progression. As well as missions, AK research and class hall upgrades for 24 hours time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    The punishment was the ban....not the removal of the AP.

You people who say the AK levels should be reset are dumb AF. People exploit all the time, people exploit mounts, mythic+ timers etc, you don't go round spouting all this shit then.

You need to stop putting such a high price on AP and quit crying because you wasn't online when the exploit happened, as I bet iuf most of you were, you would have taken part.
    1-2 days vecation isnt punishment
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

You people who say the AK levels should be reset are dumb AF. People exploit all the time, people exploit mounts, mythic+ timers etc, you don't go round spouting all this shit then.

You need to stop putting such a high price on AP and quit crying because you wasn't online when the exploit happened, as I bet iuf most of you were, you would have taken part.
    u mad cuz u got banned?

Of course they would, this is just a thread of people being salty and envious.

I say that as someone who didn't abuse it.

Deleted
    blizzard shod delete they re a legendary also haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    for a minor offense like this that's a proportionate punishment (1-2 days ban + removal of illicit gains). it's more then you usually get for oversights on blizzards part like this.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-11-19 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    Then you're not playing a game and a forced 'vacation' isn't a bonus.

Those who did it a crazy amount should lose what they got over that time, resetting anything back to zero is lame though. Ban and revert on the AP gained is fine.

blizzard should commune with the govts of the individuals who abused this bug and get them tarred, feathered, then quartered.

as well, the families should be exiled from the countries and family friends should be forced to work menial labor as slaves.

this meagre punishment would at least begin to disincentive people from cheating at wow

if punishments were harsher, like, the death of the entire human race, then people wouldnt cheat at wow and we could all play a good game under the benevolent rule of our new alien overlords

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    blizzard should commune with the govts of the individuals who abused this bug and get them tarred, feathered, then quartered.

as well, the families should be exiled from the countries and family friends should be forced to work menial labor as slaves.

this meagre punishment would at least begin to disincentive people from cheating at wow

if punishments were harsher, like, the death of the entire human race, then people wouldnt cheat at wow and we could all play a good game under the benevolent rule of our new alien overlords
    There should do so to them and everyone they know by 7 degree's of separation at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    removing their earned AP isnt enough as punishment IMO
    Nah, that would cause more spite than anything. It is better to just remove what was earned, as well as the ban. Removing more would cause more spite than anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Dont seek revenge and call it justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got almost a million AP out of it and got to keep it so I'm sure that makes some of you pretty upset.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. This is a very silly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I got almost a million AP out of it and got to keep it so I'm sure that makes some of you pretty upset.
    Blizzard is removing the AP.

I propose for everyone who completed that quest more then once that day:

- 6 Months ban (standard for cheating)
    - Reset of AK back to 1
    - Reset of all Artifacts on all affected characters.

Taking away what was gained though the exploit and then giving a short ban is perfectly acceptable. That way it doesn't express cheating actually gets you ahead even with a ban and it doesn't overly take away players game time which hurts others as much as themselves. So its net neutral for those that weren't cheating but those that did cheat didn't gain anything minus some time from a ban.

So in other words.. Blizzard got it right. This time.