Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I got almost a million AP out of it and got to keep it so I'm sure that makes some of you pretty upset.
    well blizz alrdy said they are taking all the ap u earned away
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Taking away what was gained though the exploit and then giving a short ban is perfectly acceptable. That way it doesn't express cheating actually gets you ahead even with a ban and it doesn't overly take away players game time which hurts others as much as themselves. So its net neutral for those that weren't cheating but those that did cheat didn't gain anything minus some time from a ban.

So in other words.. Blizzard got it right. This time.
    But they took nothing away and the ban is near meaningless because they got more AP from doing it then they could earn in a few day ban. Heck some got more than they could earn in a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    well blizz alrdy said they are taking all the ap u earned away
    As of yet nothing has been removed though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Vacation? how is a ban from WoW a vacation, as if you are obligated to play lol. If/when they have removed the AP, its a 24 hour-2 week ban for some. that is punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not mad at all lol. I got a 24 hour ban, I took the risk, didn't pay off. I couldn't care less I got a 24 hour ban. I just think how people spout shit about rsetting AK to one can justify that. It literally makes no sense.
    This is exactly why a 24 hour ban isnt enough. people liek you need to learn the hard way

No they shouldn't, taking away their ill gotten gains is fair but taking away something that they've earned ligitimately is going too far.

They should transfer exploiters to a exploiter realm where only exploiting shitheads can play.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should put a multi-week ban on them in addition to removing the AP gains. The few weeks ban would put them behind on AK and AP, just another added layer of punishment for people who deserve it.

I imagine a lot of people who exploited are pushing Mythic ToV, if enough people in your guild exploited, theyn your guild could possibly not even be able to raid due to your actions. This would not only discourage players from partaking in an obvious exploit, it would encourage guild leaders to prevent their members from doing so.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-11-19 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    The punishment was the ban....not the removal of the AP.

You people who say the AK levels should be reset are dumb AF. People exploit all the time, people exploit mounts, mythic+ timers etc, you don't go round spouting all this shit then.

You need to stop putting such a high price on AP and quit crying because you wasn't online when the exploit happened, as I bet iuf most of you were, you would have taken part.
    First of all a day or two break is not punishment and secondly no they are not dumb, if you want to cheat then you should be punished hard and people that exploit other aspects of the game should have everything they received from it taken away as well.

People continuously do it because all they get is a little slap on the wrist, next time an AP exploit comes up people will do it again because all they get is a little break from the game for a day or two but if you sent their AK back to 1 then I bet you they wouldn't be so inclined to do it again.

Why should anyone be punished for blizzard incompetency?? If you are smart enough to find a glitch, you should be revered not punished you petty people ... Disgusting !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    There should do so to them and everyone they know by 7 degree's of separation at least
    Man, Kevin Bacon sure would be having a rough day.

On topic, what they issued seems okay. Maybe they could have gone a bit harsher (longer ban), but otherwise what they did as issued punishments seems to fit the crime.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    The punishment was the ban....not the removal of the AP.

You people who say the AK levels should be reset are dumb AF. People exploit all the time, people exploit mounts, mythic+ timers etc, you don't go round spouting all this shit then.

You need to stop putting such a high price on AP and quit crying because you wasn't online when the exploit happened, as I bet iuf most of you were, you would have taken part.
    Im confused. What did I miss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Why should anyone be punished for blizzard incompetency?? If you are smart enough to find a glitch, you should be revered not punished you petty people ... Disgusting !!
    Yeah, if you find it, disclose it, and then don't abuse it for hours on end.
    If you find it, don't disclose it, and then abuse it for hours and hours? A ban + removal of the AP you got is fair

10+ Year Old Account
    the removal of the ap is good choice, getting rid of ak would be too much though

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    1-2 days vecation isnt punishment
    "vacation" lols, is wow a job for you?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I think there should just have been a removal of AP, no ban needed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    A ban + removal of the AP you got is fair
    I agree. A ban on top of the removal of the AP is absolutely justified, but also sufficient.

Once, during WotLK I was farming honor in AV. I was semi-afk tho. And guess what? I got 3 days ban, honor removed, AP removed along with all pvp gear.

Cheating is the main idea of the X-pac. You can exploit the game and get away with it. Even bot users will receive 18 bans. I personally don't like this new Blizzard politic when they shit on their own ToS and EULA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I agree. A ban on top of the removal of the AP is absolutely justified, but also sufficient.
    Especially considering that at this point there's a few people in my guild who're legitimately annoyed that they didn't exploit. Losing out 1 day of raiding is worth the millions of AP they could've gotten, especially since then all of them would have the 35th trait

is blizz reset my AP completely after me exploiting i would just quit tbh. blizz knows that, they dont wont to lose customers, thats why the just took away the extra AP.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Blizz fucked up by allowing to exploit in the first place. Give em a 2 day suspension, revert their AP back to pre-exploit levels and call it a day. You sound ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    the removal of the ap is good choice, getting rid of ak would be too much though

"vacation" lols, is wow a job for you?
    farming every day every single ap gain is a job, which is why i dont do it.

also those that bothered exploit the ap gain for hours obviously treat wow like work.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Especially considering that at this point there's a few people in my guild who're legitimately annoyed that they didn't exploit. Losing out 1 day of raiding is worth the millions of AP they could've gotten, especially since then all of them would have the 35th trait
    I think the ban should be longer than a day tbh. 3-7 days would be justified in my opinion; people who used the exploit knew very well what they are doing.