Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because you "win" WoW by being first or by beating content.
    Going to 100 in a game where 110 is the max is not an advantage.

They sell like anything else they sell: As something convenient.

So you're not even sure about it? GG.
    In which case a player will get to 110 quicker by getting a boost than one that dosen't. That is an advantage. In any case if its not an advantage why to Blizzard consider it cheating if someone exploited levels or paid a 3rd party to level a char for them?

By your logic, the AP exploit would not be gaining advantage in the next expansion because its not current content. That's how ridiculous your stance is.

I am sure its has happened and Ive not heard the exploit has ever been closed. In other words Blizzard has allowed and probably still does allow double loot of a bosses providing they get paid. Which is interesting when they banned a guild for exploiting loot lock outs when LFR was first introduced.

Given your selective interruption on cheating, would it be cheating if Blizzard introduced a "Blizzard Bot" - to allow player automate part of the game that is inconvenient to them? By your logic - This would be allowed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Because it's not a punishment, is it?
    The ban is the punishment. The removing of the earned AP is just to restore what they gained through cheating.

Blizzard should give us 1 month free because they are incompetent and can't fix shit.

Punishing people because of the AP, now they are banning guild because of Hellya, now what,
    yeah I know its always like that when there's a first kill since forever, they are looking for some exploit, nice way to fix your crap.

So since exploiting crap is a common thing in WoW, L2 fix your shit, banning people wont fix shit, they even should double their AP reward because they found a bugs.

If they got a 1 week ban I think it would be the same amount of time as grinding the AP they glitched in. That sounds fair tbh

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Because it's not a punishment, is it?
    how is it not a punishment? they have been banned for 24 to 48 hours so they can not play the game and any AP they gained from using the exploit has been removed, the biggest punishment of all, lost time and nothing to show for it.

Deleted
    No. A player that boosted to 100 doesn't reach 110 faster than me.
    3rd party software takes you to 110.

The difference is clear, any idiot could understand that.

What?
    They broke the rules. They got banned.
    Life is that fucking simple.

So again: You accuse Blizzard of stuff that you are not even sure about it.
    They fixed that a long time ago. That's how bad your trolling is.

But what if Blizzard introduced a shop-option where you could sacrifice babies?

Let's stick to the facts and stop making up retarded hypothetical situations.
    A bought advantage is not based around or sold on whether "it gets you to top level faster than the average fanboy". I said "How can allowing someone to boost past levels not give an advantage over someone who doesn't boost?" Clearly the comparison is between to players starting at level 1 at the said time- any idiot could understand that.

Again by stating "3rd party software takes you to 110" you seem to consider that you can only cheat current content and skipping past previous expansions dosen't matter - I'm saying its dose. Every level skip undermines all players who have leveled correctly and undermines game integrity - It s not treating all gamers fairly.

You cant seem to follow simple logic. You don't seem to think skipping past previous expansion levels is gaining an advantage so this AP exploit would not be gaining an advantage in the future. That is how ridiculous your stance is.

I have seem nothing to suggest the server xfer exploit has been closed and in any case NO action was taken against guild that carried it out. So that isn't trolling its highlighting the double standard offered by Blizzard.

Once upon a time it was retarded that any of this shit would be offered in a shop by Blizzard but here we are. So I ask again, would a Blizzard bot be cheating? Go on, try hard have an opinion of your own, I understand how much it hurts but it will be good for you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    A bought advantage is not based around or sold on whether "it gets you to top level faster than the average fanboy". I said "How can allowing someone to boost past levels not give an advantage over someone who doesn't boost?" Clearly the comparison is between to players starting at level 1 at the said time- any idiot could understand that.

Again by stating "3rd party software takes you to 110" you seem to consider that you can only cheat current content and skipping past previous expansions dosen't matter - I'm saying its dose. Every level skip undermines all players who have leveled correctly and undermines game integrity - It s not treating all gamers fairly.

You cant seem to follow simple logic. You don't seem to think skipping past previous expansion levels is gaining an advantage so this AP exploit would not be gaining an advantage in the future. That is how ridiculous your stance is.

I have seem nothing to suggest the server xfer exploit has been closed and in any case NO action was taken against guild that carried it out. So that isn't trolling its highlighting the double standard offered by Blizzard.

Once upon a time it was retarded that any of this shit would be offered in a shop by Blizzard but here we are. So I ask again, would a Blizzard bot be cheating? Go on, try hard have an opinion of your own, I understand how much it hurts but it will be good for you in the end.
    Have you leveled at all lately? Do you realize how fast it is? Anyone paying for the level 100 boost is wasting money. Add in everyone gets a free one from blizz. Versus botting which not every does nor wants to do as I don't want to risk my account. Yet those that do get leveled toons,leveled professions, mats and gold which is all an advantage. A bought level 100 gets next to zero gold, for only professions maxed if level 60 and still not all of them like the annoying ones like fishing/archeology and no mats. How is that even close to the advantages of botting? Really nice try but no.

Deleted
    So a bullshit comparison.
    It would be a valid argument if they had this on day one, they don't.

It doesn't matter.
    People boosting themselves to level 100 doesn't affect me raiding Legion Heroics.

You are 100% correct.
    Buying AP from the store wouldn't give you an advantage in the next expansion.
    So if Blizzard wants to add this in the next expansion, I am totally fine with it.
    Boosting to 110 also doesn't give you an advantage in the next expansion, which is why I am 100% sure they will add this in the next expansion.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...acter-transfer
    Raid lockouts transfer with your character.

You don't even know what you are talking about. This has been fixed a long time ago.

What?
    A bot offered by Blizzard wouldn't be cheating.
    But Blizzard is never going to do this, Blizzard is also never going to give you AP-Boosts on the store.
    Blizzard isn't going to give you any advantages.
    Its not a bullshit comparison, its a comparison where 2 people are being treated differently and its happening in the game now.

You may be interested to know but the world dosen't revolve around you and just because you don't feel it affects you dosen't mean it inst cheating.

The server xfer exploit may well have been fixed but I repeat - No action was taken against those who did it. The only possible reason for this is because they profited from it as they did imposed bans for the LFR exploit which did the same thing but was of LESS advantage.

I'm glad you have finally admitted your position however. You are clearly so blinded you cant see where Blizzard is giving advantages to those prepared to pay. Buying gold and boosts is buying in game advantages, just because you are ahead of them makes no difference - just think for a moment if you weren't, what impression would you have if someone zoomed 100 levels ahead? Why isn't exploiting past AP levels in a past expansion still cheating as it is now?

Finally, to actually state that a Blizzard bot wouldn't be cheating is a disgrace and shows you just don't have a independent thought in your head. Even I thought you would be against it but clearly you cant bring yourself to disagree with Blizzard and you will argue regardless of how ridiculous the position is. I would no longer put anything past Blizzard now, and their justification of offering "safe alternatives" to exploits and cheats is a worrying sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Have you leveled at all lately? Do you realize how fast it is? Anyone paying for the level 100 boost is wasting money. Add in everyone gets a free one from blizz. Versus botting which not every does nor wants to do as I don't want to risk my account. Yet those that do get leveled toons,leveled professions, mats and gold which is all an advantage. A bought level 100 gets next to zero gold, for only professions maxed if level 60 and still not all of them like the annoying ones like fishing/archeology and no mats. How is that even close to the advantages of botting? Really nice try but no.
    Nothing is free, they used it as an excuse to increase the expansion price. I'm not comparing boosts to bottling, I'm taking the argument to the logical extreme to see if there are any limits to Kango's idea of cheating if Blizzard were to allow it. He has provided an answer to that and its seems not. I don't see what "nice tries" have to do with it.

Deleted
    The average WoW-player is 110.
    So yeah, comparing it with a boost to 100 is bullshit.

The fact that it doesn't break any rules is what makes it not cheating.

They actually banned people for this.
    Another example of you not doing your research.

What?
    Because in the next expansion it doesn't give you any advantage, we won't be using AP again.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheat

There is no Blizzard bot.
    You know what we just look on things differently. I think skipping the game in ANY way is cheating - skipping levels and buying gold have no place in a P2P game. You think its OK providing you pay Blizzard for the privilege but you would ban anyone who did it independently. You operate in a world of Fanboy logic where in game advantages don't matter just because Blizzard say its OK and get money. You even go as far to say that using a bot is fine if Blizzard were to introduce it.

You simply do not make rational decisions or arguments when it comes to Blizzard. You agree with banning people for exploiting AP levels but if Blizzard announced AP boost from the shop tomorrow you would defend it.

One day, you will grow up and see that game integrity is important and every little bit of "convenience" as you put it devalues the game.

they should force them to use a "the Cheater" title for a month on top of the bans + ap removal IMO