Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The music was great,
    fassbender,

the engineer speaking was way better than them just grunting (stupid idea to cut that out...)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgw0jeu_-c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLrVC2FKLh8

They come off as some jacked up clones with a dose of religion n science cultism...

Its true several characters were not written as the experts they were supposed to be, but the franchise is kinda known for "the Company" and this company made a lot of poor decisions in Alien and Aliens. I mean in Aliens, they lost contact with an entire planet so they send like 8 people to help. What could go wrong? It wouldn't be surprising that the "experts" they hired in Prometheus weren't actually pretty terrible experts that were hired because they were cheap or corrupt more than experts in their field.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about Prometheus was that it made Alien Resurrection look good.

The best thing about Alien Resurrection was that it made Alien 3 look good.

So expect Prometheus 2 to be AVP2 levels of terrible in order to make Prometheus look good XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    this company made a lot of poor decisions in Alien and Aliens. I mean in Aliens, they lost contact with an entire planet so they send like 8 people to help. What could go wrong?
    Just a quick correction, the company lost contact with the colony so the military sent a space marine response force that was appropriate considering what the company had told them to expect (lies). The had multiple squads with state of the art weaponry, air/ground assault vehicles and a ship capable of nuclear bombardment, it wasn't like it looked bad on paper. Had it not been for the mistake of a rookie commander (which when paired with a more experienced sargent was appropriate for the situation they had been told to expect) everything would have gone off without a hitch.

One of the things was it felt like they were building up to some huge revelation that all ultimately meant nothing.
    The med scene where we find out that it's not programmed to service female patients, blatant foreshadowing to something (which is quickly made stupid by how easy it was for our female protag to bypass said system). Ultimate revelation that Weyland is alive. It's a revelation that's so pointless because he lets the MC tag along anyways after being found. Then we get the reveal that Theron's character is Weyland's daughter. Again a plot revelation that ultimately meant nothing. Nothing came of this, they both die at different points in the movie. You could have taken out that reveal from the movie and literally nothing would have changed. Then there's the MC's religious belief which she still maintains despite literally meeting the creators of the human race.

It was...alright. Not completely without redeeming qualities but not super amazing either.

Deleted
    I think people just expected something different so it didnt match their expectations.

I enjoyed the movie myself.

I liked it. Didn't love it. I did love Fassbender though.

Charlie Holloway: What we hoped to achieve was to meet our makers. To get answers. Why they even made us in the first place.
    David: Why do you think your people made me?
    Charlie Holloway: We made you because we could.
    David: Can you imagine how disappointing it would be for you to hear the same thing from your creator?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Fassbender was the only saving grace in that movie.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The film ticked a lot of boxes in the for me. Great cast, well shot and a good score. The story was just really unfulfilling. I'm glad they're doing a sequel, I'm just not sure I'll pay to see it at the cinemas.

Another plus for the film was a great teaser trailer.

Either way, it was a massive step up from AVP 2. Not sure if that says much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    The film ticked a lot of boxes in the for me. Great cast, well shot and a good score. The story was just really unfulfilling. I'm glad they're doing a sequel, I'm just not sure I'll pay to see it at the cinemas.

Another plus for the film was a great teaser trailer.

Either way, it was a massive step up from AVP 2. Not sure if that says much though.
    Something new wouldnt be bad for the trailer its just a homage to the first alien trailer.

My biggest problem with this movie was its runtime, 2 hours wasnt enough for me and 40-60 min. more would helped this movie alot.

Deleted
    Messy screenplay, messy characters, messy aliens. It was really just badly done movie. And boring too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too many "criminally stupid" acts through out the movie. Plus, I was sold on the story providing some meaningful history. It did not. I thought the pre-release marketing videos were better than the actual movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The movie is full of inconsistancy, It's bouncing back and forth all the time on whether its a prequel or a different timeline. The characters are stupid and if its a prequel, it ruins all the mystery of Alien. I hate when unanswered questions get answered sometimes. I just want the mystery to be left alone if you are gonna use a bad movie to explain it.

"Im an expert on biology"

"Lets touch this alien snake thing and act threatening to it!"
    Honestly, the premise of EVERY horror film is that the characters are too stupid to solve the problems. Why suddenly hold Prometheus to a different standard? Did you watch Alien? The original movie? Everyone on that ship was making terrible decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The best thing about Prometheus was that it made Alien Resurrection look good.

The best thing about Alien Resurrection was that it made Alien 3 look good.

So expect Prometheus 2 to be AVP2 levels of terrible in order to make Prometheus look good XD

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick correction, the company lost contact with the colony so the military sent a space marine response force that was appropriate considering what the company had told them to expect (lies). The had multiple squads with state of the art weaponry, air/ground assault vehicles and a ship capable of nuclear bombardment, it wasn't like it looked bad on paper. Had it not been for the mistake of a rookie commander (which when paired with a more experienced sargent was appropriate for the situation they had been told to expect) everything would have gone off without a hitch.
    Multiple squads for an entire planet is laughably inadequate.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

An OK movie for me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Re-watched it recently, hadn't seen it since it came out. I think there are a lot of things to admire about Prometheus, but the mysterious nature of the black goo combined with not really getting enough answers dragged it down a bit for me. Sure, I can buy into the idea that the black goo mutates the organism it comes in contact with, but I kinda wanted more. I guess it's hinted at that the Engineers didn't live on this planet but used it for creating and perfecting the black goo, and it kinda turned on them, but I would have wanted some more on that.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Multiple squads for an entire planet is laughably inadequate.
    When that entire planet consists of a just a town that's smaller than a shopping centre not really (they were never expecting to need to go to the atmosphere processing centre).

The majority of the film was actually quite good. Artistically, direction-wise, music, production, costumes, visual effects, etc were all good. The story however, was incredibly stupid and relied on characters being incredibly stupid, for it to function. The story issues were more problematic than the sum of the film's parts for a lot of people. I sit on a borderline with it myself, where I can accept the stupidity to an extent, but it /really/ grates on my nerves in some places. Basic lapses in logic, from the behaviour of scientists to the lack of common sense in avoiding a giant donut.

I think I just always expect more from Ridley Scott, given that he gave us the original Alien, alongside all-time classics such as Blade Runner, Thelma & Louise, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven, Matchstick Men, American Gangster, The Martian and many more. When he puts in a poor directorial performance, or presents a weak film, you feel vaguely as though you've been robbed of your normal expectations.

It's like going to see your favourite band, who play all your favourite hits, only to find out they're having an 'off' day. Sure, you still get an all-round good experience, but you feel like something was missing or just not right from start to finish, as if you're trying to like it due to mere association.