Old Raids and Maximizing Loot Drops

I have some questions on loot and old raids. Previously, I could run under the assumption that I could set things to 25N or H, and have a decent number of loot drops, increasing the gold per run, but also the chances that I'd get transmog drops.

Now I'm soloing SoO, and doing WoD raids with guildies, and am uncertain how to get the maximum amount of stuff. I'm wanting to ask a few questions, and double check some things I might've forgotten. SoO through Legion was a crazy time for me irl, so I'm hazy on a ton of details.

1) Normal and Heroic gear are the same color at that point, right?

2) Does soloing SoO on Heroic get me anything special, or is it just fights with bigger numbers? If I ran Normal SoO, I still have a Heroic lock available too, right?

3) Flex raiding and old content: Ugh. Is there any way to get more than 2 drops/boss? It being flex, it seems like selecting 25 doesn't matter, and it's just going to register me as 10. I doubt there's a workaround, but you can't blame me for asking, ha!

4) WoD: If I'm soloing, am I better off with personal or group loot?

Any other tips people have for maximizing the rewards on this particular content would be GREATLY appreciated.

The changes happened on the tail end of SOO. Only Mythic at that point guarantees more than 0/1 pieces per boss kill since it's a fixed raid size of 20.

Though if you're shooting for your own class gear, it's best to just join some group finder garrison/world boss group which will set it to personal loot so each boss will drop an item that you can actually use. Worked a lot better for me back when I was gathering some gear for transmog/TW. (Normal/Heroic will always be flex, so it'll drop down to 10 - see above if you want loot)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner007 View Post
    The changes happened on the tail end of SOO. Only Mythic at that point guarantees more than 0/1 pieces per boss kill since it's a fixed raid size of 20.

Though if you're shooting for your own class gear, it's best to just join some group finder garrison/world boss group which will set it to personal loot so each boss will drop an item that you can actually use. Worked a lot better for me back when I was gathering some gear for transmog/TW. (Normal/Heroic will always be flex, so it'll drop down to 10 - see above if you want loot)
    Are you implying that each boss drops an item this way? Whenever I'm soloing stuff like LFR I mostly get failbags.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Not sure how the mechanics work but I believe if you start a custom group and zone into a WoD raid but invite no one you can change the loot settings to group loot. However you will only be getting 2 or 3 pieces of loot because it considers the group a 10 man level raid. Until people can solo mythic bosses you wont be getting a significant amount of loot pieces off the WoD bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    Not sure how the mechanics work but I believe if you start a custom group and zone into a WoD raid but invite no one you can change the loot settings to group loot. However you will only be getting 2 or 3 pieces of loot because it considers the group a 10 man level raid. Until people can solo mythic bosses you wont be getting a significant amount of loot pieces off the WoD bosses.
    There are a number of mythic WoD bosses that are soloable if you're a self-healing tank (all of mythic Highmaul sans Butcher, a few in BRF, and mythic Mannoroth in HFC).

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    There are a number of mythic WoD bosses that are soloable if you're a self-healing tank (all of mythic Highmaul sans Butcher, a few in BRF, and mythic Mannoroth in HFC).
    Ah, I meant more when people can solo them with ease regardless of gear/some class restrictions. I will have to try some of the bosses out on my Bear Druid