What i should i set my loot spec too for legendaries ?

So right now i bounce back and forth between Demo and Destro. i recently got the Legendary back piece for destro and I'm not sure if i should set loot to demo or keep it as destro? Any suggestions for maxing dps while i switch between both classes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackabbadon View Post
    So right now i bounce back and forth between Demo and Destro. i recently got the Legendary back piece for destro and I'm not sure if i should set loot to demo or keep it as destro? Any suggestions for maxing dps while i switch between both classes?
    I'd set it to Demo. I've gotten Destro legendary bracers, so I have to keep it Destro, but if I got any other legendary — I would've set it to Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackabbadon View Post
    You should aim for the Sin'dorei Spite bracers since they are by far the best legendary warlcoks can get for every spec. I went from being middle pack to being able to properly compete with the top dpsers in my giuld.
    They are a huge improvement for warlocks.

Deleted
    So is this still true, now that legendaries got nerfed? Or do we want to roll another spec now for legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy2k View Post
    So is this still true, now that legendaries got nerfed? Or do we want to roll another spec now for legendaries?
    The spec you're most invested in until you get bis or close enough to bis that you're content and wanna work on another spec would be the correct answer.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Set it to the spec to enjoy the most?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    why do people say this? if they want to know what will be the highest EV+ for dps regardless of spec they clearly enjoy 1 of 2 things: every spec enough to play them all or being optimal with their gear.

It isn't even just mmo champ, everywhere people say shit like this and it makes 0 sense when this is an mmo and in an mmo you minmax more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by bryce1242 View Post
    why do people say this? if they want to know what will be the highest EV+ for dps regardless of spec they clearly enjoy 1 of 2 things: every spec enough to play them all or being optimal with their gear.

It isn't even just mmo champ, everywhere people say shit like this and it makes 0 sense when this is an mmo and in an mmo you minmax more often than not
    Hard to min max taking legendary's into account when it's complete RNG which one you will get. Sure set your loot to Demo aiming for the bracers, but don't complain when you don't see them for a year.

makes zero sense to have fun in a video game....... you should listen to yourself, it's atrocious unless you're in a top 100 guild.

why do people say this?
    Because its true for 99% of the community, and the people it isn't true for generally don't need to ask.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The spec you're most invested in until you get bis or close enough to bis that you're content and wanna work on another spec would be the correct answer.
    Yeah, just stick with what you already put effort into, unless they change legendary/AP system is extremely costly to switch focus, so either don't switch or switch knowing/understanding the costs.

Deleted
    Affliction

or Destruction

well or Demonology.

Demonology does have some good legendaries that aren't nerfed. Affliction might be a good

specc

with Nighthold, but the legendaries are weak.

Destruction is very situational.

The bracers

are great

but it really depends on what you enjoy the most I guess. As stupid as that sounds. Mine is currently affliction, but I am not really excited about legendaries anymore to be honest.

I would be fine

even if I got

Prydaz

or Norgannons

because after the nerf most of them are less good I guess

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    My Skada meters tell me if I am having fun or not. Go for bracers.

You set the loot spec to whatever spec you play. You will not be able to notice the difference between a 5-8% legendary and a 2-3% legendary unless you are a top player with a optimal rotation. Casuals/semi-hardcore players dont need to worry about it due to the fact that the difference is more affected by those around you (kill times, mob kill efficiency, specified players to kill targets). This really only applies to those who are in a top guild, where every little bit counts, and specifying which pieces are better then others for those that can properly utilize them. Play what you enjoy, and get the rewards that best suit your preferred spec, and just hope you dont get shitty utility ones :P
    Last edited by Shimejii; 2016-12-28 at 02:16 AM.

I suggest setting your loot for demo if you do not have the sindorei bracers. Even after the nerf it will still be one of the best, if not the best legendary for output.
    I already got both BiS legendaries for destro, so now I changed the loot to affliction as it seems to be quite good on 7.1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Affliction

or Destruction

well or Demonology.

Demonology does have some good legendaries that aren't nerfed. Affliction might be a good

specc

The bracers

are great

but it really depends on what you enjoy the most I guess. As stupid as that sounds. Mine is currently affliction, but I am not really excited about legendaries anymore to be honest.

I would be fine

even if I got

Prydaz

or Norgannons

what are

you

doing

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What this guy said. All 3 warlock specs are doing well right now and 7.1.5 wont change that according to the recent sims. If you really just wanna play the most powerful spec for NH aff is probably going to be the way to go, but if you're already heavily invested in destro and would prefer to stay destro then go for the belt, and afterwards go for demo bracers.

One thing to keep in mind is that you wont get fel relics as aff loot spec so if you want to fish for aff legendaries keep that in mind as a destro main who needs 2 fel relics lol. I wish you could have a separate loot spec just for legendaries but whatever

Deleted
    I also would like to suggest to set your loot specialization to destro, until you do not have the second. After that, you could choose anything else. And of coz' you could get general utility or general warlock (non dps help) legendary also.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Affliction

or Destruction

well or Demonology.

specc

The bracers

are great

I would be fine

even if I got

Prydaz

or Norgannons

This is a nice poem