Fire rotation/priority question

1. On the opener, I've been using one RoP only. After combustion ends and all my cd's are spent, seemed pointless to cast another RoP.

Asking because sometimes I see people using the second RoP charge on the opener.

2. I'm using kindling currently, but I find myself a lot in the middle of boss fights sitting on Combustion and RoP, while waiting on Flame On to come off CD. Is this normal? Seems pointless to use kindling to reduce the CD on Combustion if I can't cast it when it's up and I'm waiting.

Would love to hear some thoughts on this. These 2 things have been bugging me for a while.

1. If you have potions running, yeah, its worth using that second RoP.

2. If you are using Kindling, you don't use Flame On outside of Combustion burns for precisely this reason. The only exception is if you KNOW the boss will die before Combustion comes OFF CD anyways, in which case, it would be wasteful to not use the Flame On.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyliria View Post
    1. If you have potions running, yeah, its worth using that second RoP.

2. If you are using Kindling, you don't use Flame On outside of Combustion burns for precisely this reason. The only exception is if you KNOW the boss will die before Combustion comes OFF CD anyways, in which case, it would be wasteful to not use the Flame On.
    So say Comb is on CD, I have RoP and Flame On available, I should pop RoP but do not use Flame On to maximize my PB's during that RoP?

After your first combustion, you should still have:
    - 1 or 2 Phoenix
    - Dragonbreath

You should immediately use your second ROP and use the remaining cooldowns to pump out as many Pyro's as you can (and use dragonbreath if your last cast within ROP is not a pyro). Don't use fireball if you know you can force proc a pyro in the last few seconds of ROP (your fire blast should cooldown at least once during ROP)

If your comb is on CD and you know that you have a SPARE ROP to use, then use ROP. Try to save at least 1 PF for your next combust/rop/flame on rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you're super lucky with crits, it maybe possible to use Flame on a 2nd time and have it ready during ur 2nd combustion. That's coming from a mage that has a bit of bad luck with crits tho