10+ Year Old Account

How do you find people to rank with?

Hi, sorry if this is a bad thread. I am NOT recruiting etc.

I am just looking for tips. Since day 1 I have solo-queued competitive and it is a pure nightmare.

I planned first to push top ranks, but it seems impossible to do solo. Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to brag, just that coming from a Global Elite background in CS with many competitions (never pro) to playing below 2k rating in OW, is just below me and it's making me depressed. I can't take this anymore, as every single game it feels like I carry the people but still we loose

For WoW, there is like Openraid. Is there any similar way or homepage etc where you can find teammates who want to push the ranks?

I have 0 friends who play OW and don't know where to look or what to do.

Any tips are very welcome.

I've solo Q upto 3280 so far, and I find that if I get a good start and a lot of things going right I find myself either winning the entire game solo with my team playing off my success or I get 3 guys constantly focusing me while my team mates run around like headless chickens not knowing what too do.

I don't think it's anyone's fault really, I just think that people are getting too a rank where they don't belong. I think once Blizzard fix the MM a bit, people will get very upset that they end up in a far lower rank bracket than what they think because of the 2 seasons with bad mm putting them a lot higher than they should have been.

I played with a friends account one day who's been 3 man grouping since start and have reached like 4200, I solo Q and it was a bit harder but the difference wasn't that signicant and I found myself having over 76kills with 49 final blows in 3 rounds on lijiang tower as cree.

This is why I think MM is like a blender, doesn't matter which skill you have you just get tossed off somewhere and gg.

So I'm a person who never types in chat or leaves my group speak to talk with anyone I don't know. However, in OW, during a game I'll type in team chat and if people respond and are good, I'll ask if they wanna group up. It's worked well for me. One dude even ended up joining my WoW guild too. More importantly I now have a big enough pool of cool people to play OW with, it's great.

Also what Tommo said above me.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been solo queue almost entirely in Overwatch, outside of a few games where my team went "this all worked really well, wanna group up for more?" Sitting comfortably in the 2500 or so range, after climbing up there from my placement and initial drop. Don't consider myself a particularly great player, either. I'm "okay". Definitely not pro. Would like to hit Diamond someday, but don't expect to ever get higher, really.