Best trinkets for ret/

This is my character http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ellamor/simple
    I know my trinkets suck but what are the BiS trinkets for ret? Its the main thing holding my DPS back.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I know my trinkets suck but what are the BiS trinkets for ret? Its the main thing holding my DPS back.
    Short answer is, get Faulty Countermeasures or Horn of Valor and use them along with Crusade. Faulty Countermeasures being the best of the two by far. For your second trinket, theres a few choices. Arcano Crystal, Aran's Relaxing Ruby, Swarming plaguehive are all good choices. Missing those, any Crit/Vers stat stick is also pretty good, like Chains of the Valorous from ToVc or the Hunger of the Pack from HoV.

Isn't there a good cleaving and/or aoe trinket? For raiding I know it's pointless. But for mythic plus they may come in handy. I find Nythendra one to be shitty.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Isn't there a good cleaving and/or aoe trinket? For raiding I know it's pointless. But for mythic plus they may come in handy. I find Nythendra one to be shitty.
    Run with casters/hunters, and have them give you an Aran's Relaxing Ruby. The trinket is crazy enough as is on single target, and it's absolutely insane on AoE. I'm fairly certain crusade or any flat damage modifier can buff the proc meaning if you get a proc to go off during the middle of crusade you would probably nuke an entire pack down (especially if it crits). I think it's base 240k AoE proc, if you pair it with the Nightbane chest it's base 320k. Pretty good, can crit and it procs fairly often.

I'm not sure if the item is bugged, but AOE by far the best (and nothing even comes close) is the trinket from Arcway, Terrorbound Nexus: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Terrorbound_Nexus

In all M+ logs, it's #2 in overall damage for me (behind divine storm). I don't know what's going on, but it seems to proc really often. In AOE groups you see tons of 100k+ procs popping up all over the place.

Deleted
    The combination of an on-use trinket and a stat-stick are usually a good start.
    I personally had no luck at all with the on-use trinkets. (I litterally never saw either HoV or FCM drop on either difficulty).

I use the haste-stat-stick trinket due to it making the rotation feel smooth, but note: Stat-stick trinket weights will change a lot with every other item you receive.

Your 840 trinket is really bad for ret-dps; as mastery is a really bad stat in most situations and the on-use doesn't help your DPS at all. I would probably rather use the heirloom trinket till i get anything else if i were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I personally had no luck at all with the on-use trinkets. (I litterally never saw either HoV or FCM drop on either difficulty).
    I've seen FCM drop ONCE, 835, for a Ret doing 1/4 of my dps. Also, my pity Leg was Prydaz. RNG hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Like the guy said, one of the 2 on use, then get one with fixed stats, like the ones from Wq with haste or crit + strenght.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, without simming, what do u guys think is better? 825 FCM or 840 Horn of Valor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Wolf View Post
    I've seen FCM drop ONCE, 835, for a Ret doing 1/4 of my dps. Also, my pity Leg was Prydaz. RNG hates me.
    I feel your pain.
    My 1st one had very similar stats, with no dps increasing effect either. (wrists)
    So i know how you feel.

The 2nd one then had good stats, but a very bad effect (belt)... well at least both our legendaries are getting buffed next patch... so there's that.

I'm thinking Faulty Countermeasure and Aran's Relaxing Ruby, but I don't have either at the moment. :P

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I was recently just blessed with a 875 fcm and I pair it with my arcano crystal. this combo has been the highest simming combo for me outside the aran trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    well at least both our legendaries are getting buffed next patch... so there's that.
    Yeah, I've noticed that the bubble from Prydaz does help keep me alive, so removing the CD will be nice.

How's Eye of Command? I already have a 840 FCM, should I stick with EoC or try to find a stat stick with Vers/Haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako View Post
    How's Eye of Command? I already have a 840 FCM, should I stick with EoC or try to find a stat stick with Vers/Haste?
    Eye is a good choice to pair with FCM.

15+ Year Old Account
    the amount of mastery u have is also hindering ur dps

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Does that list include having a legendary or not? I have the cloak on mine and trying to figure out if I should stack more haste or stop around 20-23% and go for crit. Reason I ask is because I have the haste trinket from "Life finds a way", but it's not listed on that chart at all.