Is it popular / High player number?

Been playing this alot over the free weekend, its amazing and I am tempted to buy it.. I just want to know something before I do and that is about how active people are playing this game... Is it highly played? I'd probably want to get into it competitively too, so whats it like in terms of clans/teams?

Dstrukt

Deleted
    It is very highly played. I assume you want to play on PC. With my mmr (which is about average) I can solo-queue into quick play in about 10 seconds.
    If you want to play competitive in teams, it's gonna be a bit harder. Probably search for people on Reddit or another very active forum to form a group and get to know your roles.

Being a Blizzard game, OW is by far one of the most actively played FPS' on PC. You can log on at any time and queue for a game and get in within thirty seconds, a minute at most.

It is on the top 10 aswell on Twitch games. Been up there since it came out. Game is very active.

Just what I needed to know
    Thank you

Dstrukt

15+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy the game!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED