Rerolling, do Ret's have a hard time getting into groups?

My main is a Warlock and by the looks of it Blizzard has no intention of supporting the class so I'm moving on.

My number one frustration is being ignored when trying to get into pugs, it just doesn't happen as a Lock and im wondering what it is like as a Ret. I will consider tanking but I first want to try DPS, and to compare Paladin to Warlock I have never, not once, been accepted into a pug mythic on my Lock.

I may just pay to boost my Mage, Blizzard has always had a hardon for that class and i can also play a Night Elf which would be amazing.

I get invites as ret, but not as easily as my mage friend (were both around 870ilvl). People seem to like prot pallies for mythic+ though, in my experience.

From what I've seen from paladins, all 3 specs, is that they are a pretty solid class. How much that changes as they go into Mythic I'm not too sure, but all 3 specs I've grouped with seem to fill their respective rolls nicely.

Probably one of the more polished and finished classes that there is.

I'm 7/7 mythic, ilvl 881 and I get rejected from groups as ret. That being said my 876 hunter also gets rejected from groups so I'm not sure it has anything to do with the class

Probably every class get rejected alot (DH Havoc with 873 ilvl + 2 legendaries and still rejected alot). Maybe except mages/shamans if they are not already in party because of BL/TW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    I'm 7/7 mythic, ilvl 881 and I get rejected from groups as ret. That being said my 876 hunter also gets rejected from groups so I'm not sure it has anything to do with the class
    Try opening a group for yourself and you're going to see. If I open up a group and look for DPS there's like 20-30 applications at least if you're not looking for people for a depleted HoV key. I noticed though if I queue as Ret (I obviously get accepted a lot since I have 889 ilvl possible) that people scream, why the leader invited a Ret Paladin. Only thing that get's them to chill down again is when the party leader tells them my ilvl. So I guess there's some bias there although Ret is really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    As I tried to explain I have been rejected from every Mythic group I have ever applied for. So I get that I will still get rejected if I go Ret but if I get into 1 group I would have achieved more then my Warlock

I get invited a ton as ret. My Ilvl is only 870 as ret, 875 as holy but I normally do mythic+ as ret.

Today I've done a lot of mythic+ since I had time. Did a +7, +6, +4, a few 2s and a few 3s.

Definitely keep in mind that all dps have issues getting into groups. Some classes have it easier than others but in the end most groups want a fast run so they'll pick the highest Ilvl. With that though I don't have trouble getting into groups as ret. I'd look more at Ilvl than class at this point.

Hell, most of the mythics I did today aside from the higher ones had me and another Ret. I don't think there's any hatred or stigma towards ret since it's doing fairly well.

Deleted
    You will face the same kind of issues any other melee DPS will, perhaps not ench-shamans, who come with hero/BL.

If you have no issues getting in as a lock, then it shouldn't be any harder as ret either.