Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Name 1 unpopular Addon you prefer NOT to play without it.

Something other than the Important ones like DBM Bigwigs, Weakauras, TellmeWhen and the PVP ones like Gladius and Gladiatorlossa.

This topic is mostly for the useful and underrated addons!

Let's share the wonders of the community!
    Edit Signature.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    LeatrixPlus

I dont know if i would call it unpopular, but it doesnt seem to get much mention in this forum. It rounds up a large number of the game's obscure script functions and wraps them in a handly little GUI that makes them much easier to use. What results is a mod that puts a large number of quality-of-life changes in the hands of the players. Changes that most players probably arent even aware exist in game's default UI because blizzard has for whatever reason not added options to directly interact with the functions.

Personally, i use it to turn off the never to be sufficiently damned talking head and loot banner pop-ups that they added in Legion. Among other things. Including but not limited to autorepairing and autovendoring junk items every time you open a vendor. You can also use it to autoskip cinematics, which is super handy.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-11-22 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about an interrupt announcer? i mean people know it but a lot don't use it at all.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Seer Zone Text. It places the zone text, when entering a zone, on the right side instead of the top center. So simple yet so epic. I would link it but I can't yet. It's on Wowinterface, hasn't been updated for like 5 years but still works.

I was looking for a different thread on the forums but saw this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...errated-Addons

Hopefully it can give you some ideas!

CrowBar. Gives you a button to open chests so you dont have to hunt through bags.

I use Storyline to replace the default quest box interface to make it more interesting to read. Prior to using it I had always found leveling boring, especially those go kill these x things quests, but with Storyline I found leveling in Legion to be a breeze and very entertaining. Several of my guildies are using it based on my recommendation and also have good things to say about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    I use Storyline to replace the default quest box interface to make it more interesting to read. Prior to using it I had always found leveling boring, especially those go kill these x things quests, but with Storyline I found leveling in Legion to be a breeze and very entertaining. Several of my guildies are using it based on my recommendation and also have good things to say about it.
    Storyline is cool but I prefer CatchTheWind. It makes quest dialogue look like a cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    how about an interrupt announcer? i mean people know it but a lot don't use it at all.
    I use RSA interrupt. It is very useful and lets you customize it to your liking. It only triggers when you actually interrupt an ability with kick, not just when you use kick (or whatever class interrupt you have).

I would definitely recommend using this add on, especially in a raid or mythic plus environment.

-KingEtch

Transmog Roulette. It makes my daily WoW life so much more fun.

Adapt. Better portraits without revamping whole UI.

Hide Quick Join, Hide Talent Alert and Move Talking Head. All these to fix dubious Blizzard decisions about our UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    EpicMusicPlayer is a good one
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Omen is still nice for me as a tank, not sure why I need to know threat amounts but it helps sometimes! A lot of people hate on it. Used to be required

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    I love storyline, makes teh quests feel much more engaging, like a conversation.

Not "unpopular", but "not-so-popular" - my favorite XP bar addon:
    http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...okerXPBar.html

I use it mainly for looks, because it's the best looking XP bar imo.

Functions such as showing XP of quests completed, quests in quest log, xp/per hour etc. are a nice bonus.

Also, you can attach it to any frame, including the World frame, resluting in a nice elegant xp bar on the bottom/top of your screen.

Shame there's no Artifact version of it.

Soundtrack. I love making my own playlist for each area or event.

Seer Zone Text, Hide Quick Join, Hide Talent Alert and Move Talking Head.: Why not just use MoveAnything, which is pretty much mandatory if you have any addons at all?
    Storyline and Catch the Wind bork up my auto turn in. Maybe for new content Ill try again... Perhaps it's ideal for the very beginning of an expac when you are levelling that first toon
    Epic Music Player was fun, as was Garrison Jukebox, but Blizzard regularly wrecks their APIs. I didn't wanna spend months in limbo so I took matters in my own hands and went the industrial route with VLC window on top, positioned where my addon was, with some compact skin tweaking (I actually edited the "wmp11 deskband" skin using VLC SKin Editor - if you want something done, do it yourself and playlist management (assuming you have all the songs extracted using CASC) and the final result is 1000x better in looks, feels, and controls. And then on top of that I use the Broker Volume addon. On top of all that you can add your own music and use it during loading screens

For me my little know diamonds in the rough that I have set to default across all toons are Analogue Clock, BindPad, ChatLoot, Loot Toasts, MacroTalk, OneClickBuyout, the incredibly underrated Opie, Paste, PySmallNotes, SpeedDel, SquareMap, Super Duper Macro, and TeleportCloak. Some of these are hard to find or are inactive but they're out there and they work.

If you have alts (LOL in Legion, but still): Action Bar Saver, Quick Spec, AutoSpecEquip, and special shout out to MogIt Sets for considerably widening the wardrobe options for alts. Rested is amazing but not working anymore.

One addon I miss, broken by 7.1 and AWOL author: AHSearch. Addon was so money, but the Curse comments are disabled, and the redirect is to a note on WowAce that it's all read only.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-11-27 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Seer Zone Text, Hide Quick Join, Hide Talent Alert and Move Talking Head.: Why not just use MoveAnything?
    I had problems with this addon in the past, never touching it again unless I have to. Things like bugging my vehicle bar and few other things I don't remember now.

Small addons have less chance to bug than big sprawling ones that try to do a lot of things at once, half of them I will never use or need. One reason why I avoid elv ui like a plague.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love XPerl but I haven't used that in years, I don't think I use anything that's not really well known, I'm not as into experimenting with addons as I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    Would be wonderful if nobody used that annoying piece of shit.

whoa UnitFrames

I feel like im blind without this addon.