Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f−−−ing firing squad’

Donald Trump scolded media big shots during an off-the-record Trump Tower sitdown on Monday, sources told The Post.

“It was like a f−−−ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter. “Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said, ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,’ ” the source said.

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing-down,” the source added.

A second source confirmed the fireworks.
    “The meeting took place in a big boardroom and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks,” the other source said. “Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful, dishonest media who got it all wrong.’ He addressed everyone in the room, calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars,” the source said.

“Trump didn’t say [NBC reporter] Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate — which was Martha Raddatz, who was also in the room.”

The stunned reporters tried to get a word in edgewise to discuss access to a Trump administration.

“[‘CBS Good Morning’ co-host Gayle] King did not stand up, but asked some question, ‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’ Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions. David Muir asked, ‘How are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC?’ It was a horrible meeting.”

Trump spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway told reporters the gathering went well.

“Excellent meetings with the top executives of the major networks,” she said during a gaggle in the lobby of Trump Tower. “Pretty unprecedented meeting we put together in two days.”

The meeting was off the record, meaning the participants agreed not to talk about the substance of the conversations.

The hour-long session included top execs from network and cable news channels. Among the attendees were NBC’s Deborah Turness, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd; ABC’s James Goldston, George Stephanopoulos, David Muir and Martha Raddatz; CBS’ Norah O’Donnell, John Dickerson, Charlie Rose, Christopher Isham and King; Fox News’ Bill Shine, Jack Abernethy, Jay Wallace and Suzanne Scott; MSNBC’s Phil Griffin, and CNN’s Jeff Zucker and Erin Burnett.

Arthur Sulzberger, publisher of the New York Times, plans to meet with Trump on Tuesday.

There was no immediate comment from the Trump Team.
    http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-...-firing-squad/

10+ Year Old Account
    uh... okay?

Deleted
    About time the lying media get treated like they deserve! Go Trump!

While I don't like the guy........ I don't see anything wrong with the op quotes

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So only Breitbart will get access?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't take anything the NY Post writes as true until verified elsewhere. It's a fucking tabloid.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So only Breitbart will get access?
    Well, he released his first speech on Youtube. Looks like he will avoid the mainstream mass media

I love it.

Not one thing every printed against Trump was not said by Trump himself. On tape. I remember Bush era. I can't wait! Media gets free coffee? Good for them! I am sure they will go back to printing things Trump said, ON TAPE and he will rant on twitter even more. I mean NYT subscription has gone up!

I think Trump is as confused about his power as his followers. They are standing outside Trump tower waiting for jobs he promised

They treated him the same way, and assumedly will continue that practice, so good for him.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I wouldn't take anything the NY Post writes as true until verified elsewhere. It's a fucking tabloid.
    Don't hold back your breath
    The meeting was off the record, meaning the participants agreed not to talk about the substance of the conversations.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Listen Lying Media, you're going to cover me honestly alright? I got the best people and we have the best plan. You're going to love this plan, nobody's got a plan like this. It's gonna be yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, I'm talking bigly success here. I know more than the generals do, believe me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Well, he released his first speech on Youtube. Looks like he will avoid the mainstream mass media
    top kek
    /10

Is this satire or did this actually happen? I like to think this whole Trump as president thing is still a hoax by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Clever - though Youtube is fairly 'mainstream', no? Yet either the mainstream media will be forced to 'play nice' and be less biased or it will continue to crash and burn by losing more support and funding. It needs to start eliminating political bias and the twisting of words to suit an agenda. Everybody should be worried that so much media coverage was given to both Hillary and Trump whilst the likes of Jill Stein got barely any media attention by comparison. Change isn't going to come about by shifting from one political party to the other and back again. The entire system needs to be shook up.

Deleted
    They got exactly what they deserved. I love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    They treated him the same way, and assumedly will continue that practice, so good for him.
    He's in a tizzy because they aren't omitting articles about how all of his cabinet picks are fringe and/or manufacture doubt to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    American media is a disastrous state

Did Trump dress down any media outlets sympathetic to his administration?

It seems bizarrely conspiratorial Trump would claim an entire network as liars, for example.

What a shameful POTUS, IMO. Perhaps only Nixon is on par in recent times.

Which is incredibly ironic, considering the undue amounts of media attention as a "truly unique candidate" during the 12+ months leading up to the republicant primary is largely responsible for him being where he is now.

He should have bought them all new cars as a token of appreciation.