Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    BReath builds are something I see excelling in farm content or the best for skilled min/maxers on progression. I think on progression I'll continue to use OBRA unless I get the perfect legendary setup which will take a while.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    However, I currently only have one Frost-Legendary (Ring) and this means that my best synergy is a BoS-Build.
    If I would've gotten the Belt and Helmet, I would play a different build (Howling-Blast Build).

Howling Blast Build:
    3-2-1-x-x-3-1

Its a lot more flexible, as its not depended on CD's.
    Howling Blast can actually reach similar DPS numbers than Breath of Sindragosa, especially with the 65% Chance on Rime.
    Why go with Frozen Pulse over Freezing Fog for a HB build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadletter View Post
    Why go with Frozen Pulse over Freezing Fog for a HB build?
    Apparently Frozen-Pulse does more dmg than the extra 30% on HB.
    This may change with the Set-Piece bonus.

As I said in the Mainpost, 3-1-2-3-3-3-2 (OBFOG) will probably turn out to be the best BoS Spec.
    Best Legendary's for that Build would be Helmet + Ring and 3x Relics with additional HB-DMG.
    That Build focuses on Crit and Mastery (while at 20% Haste), Versatility should be avoided regardless of the number of targets.
    HB-Rimes can crit for 1m with that build, Storm and BoS tick each second too. It profits heavily from crit.
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2017-01-12 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    BReath builds are something I see excelling in farm content or the best for skilled min/maxers on progression. I think on progression I'll continue to use OBRA unless I get the perfect legendary setup which will take a while.
    The 4pc will definitely help uptimes, even if you don't have the legendary lottery to support. I should be due for a fourth soon, the belt or ring would be terrific. Regardless, Breath will be terrific with 4pc. I'll use it on everything except maybe Elisande due to the large amount of movement involved.

It's going to take some time to see what builds pull ahead, the new logs from farm EN kills in 2 minutes are not the best examples.

I'll post my results tonight from EN farm just for hoots.

As I said in the Mainpost, 3-1-2-3-3-3-2 (OBFOG) will probably turn out to be the best BoS Spec.
    Thanks Dave, I appreciate all the help you've offered.

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    The 4pc will definitely help uptimes, even if you don't have the legendary lottery to support. I should be due for a fourth soon, the belt or ring would be terrific. Regardless, Breath will be terrific with 4pc. I'll use it on everything except maybe Elisande due to the large amount of movement involved.

It's going to take some time to see what builds pull ahead, the new logs from farm EN kills in 2 minutes are not the best examples.

I'll post my results tonight from EN farm just for hoots.
    Ah that is good to know. I didn't think the tier influenced BoS as much. Awesome and looking forward to your NH parses.

Think about it. Those Rime procs are painful to spend during BoS as it is because you generate zero RP for it. It's basically a wasted GCD as far as maintaining BoS goes. If you sit on them to maintain Breath, you're losing on huge Rime crits. The 2pc causes Rime to occur more often and the 4pc generates RP from it. Couple that with either the ring or belt or both and you have a killer combo.

For the record, I have Helm and Bracers and see averages of 45-70 second breaths. Usually I'm consistent in the 50-60 second range. Second breath is roughly 30-45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post

For the record, I have Helm and Bracers and see averages of 45-70 second breaths. Usually I'm consistent in the 50-60 second range. Second breath is roughly 30-45 seconds.
    Alright cool, that's a little better than what I'm able to manage. I was worried I was shit, looks like I just need practice.

So what if I have super bad luck, and have ZERO frost legendaries? Currently have Aggramars Stride, Archeus Drapes, and Sephuz's for reference. Should I just stick with OBRA? Feeling really left out with all these cool changes to the class and not being able to play any of them efficiently just because of bad luck.

Deleted
    I've obtained the 4-set piece bonus and OBFOG turned out to be the best Build for all Situations.

OBFOG stat prio:

30% Crit
    20% Haste
    Mastery
    >30% Crit
    Versatility
    >20% Haste

Howling Blast and BoS are about equal in overall DMG.
    Best Legendaries: Belt + Ring (all situations).
    Helm is a good choice too, but its below the Belt (Belt counterbalances the lack of HoW).

I've obtained the 4-set piece bonus and OBFOG turned out to be the best Build for all Situations.

OBFOG stat prio:

30% Crit
    20% Haste
    Mastery
    >30% Crit
    Versatility
    >20% Haste

Helm is a good choice too, but its below the Belt (Belt counterbalances the lack of HoW).
    What is the "OB" in "OBFOG"

I've been thinking of going fog anyways since I have helm. 3/4 Tier though so I've been holding off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    What is the "OB" in "OBFOG"

I've been thinking of going fog anyways since I have helm. 3/4 Tier though so I've been holding off.
    OB = Obliterate.

OBFOG stat prio:

30% Crit
    20% Haste
    Mastery
    >30% Crit
    Versatility
    >20% Haste

Whenever I run simcraft, I have the helm parsing quite a bit higher than the ring. Is simcraft setup properly with how the ring works?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volcodc View Post
    Whenever I run simcraft, I have the helm parsing quite a bit higher than the ring. Is simcraft setup properly with how the ring works?
    I do not have the Helmet so I could not SIM with it, Belt + Ring was the best combination I could utilize.
    However, I stated that the Helm is a good choice too, but I don't have any numbers.
    Helm + Belt is most likely better during longer fights or AoE Encounters.

Edit: Feel free to give me your Helmet-Legendary String, than I can try to SIM with it.
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2017-01-26 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    are you sure Mastery will be better when you reached 30Cr/20Ha?
    Because, when i SimC myself, i've got Hast as the best stat (after Str)

Currently running 30%Cr/22%Ha/31%Ma +6%Versa (so much Versa everywhere) (no food)
    I'm running different combinasion of trinket, Urne+Chain Versa for now.
    Helm as Leg + Prydaz (i need a good neck to swap for wirst, don't have dat ring sadly)
    Last edited by mmoc3bda65c621; 2017-01-26 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyn View Post
    are you sure Mastery will be better when you reached 30Cr/20Ha?
    Because, when i SimC myself, i've got Hast as the best stat (after Str)

Currently running 30%Cr/22%Ha/31%Ma +6%Versa (so much Versa everywhere) (no food)
    I'm running different combinasion of trinket, Urne+Chain Versa for now.
    You properly SIM pure ST, Mastery is above Haste with anything above 2+ Targets.
    That's why most top-parsing DK's have 7000+ Mastery, cause most NH bosses have huge AoE phases.
    I'm in the weird situation where Haste suddenly increased in weight and is ahead of all other stats, even in 2-3 Target situations.

Deleted
    with food, i run 10K Crit(30%), 8K haste(22%), 5640Mastery(33%), 2940Versa(6%)

i'll SimC that after the raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyn View Post
    with food, i run 10K Crit(30%), 8K haste(22%), 5640Mastery(33%), 2940Versa(6%)

i'll SimC that after the raid
    Thats a good stat-distribution, can you give me your armory link? (I can import it to my SimC).

Deleted
    here
    Scyn

I do not have the Helmet so I could not SIM with it, Belt + Ring was the best combination I could utilize.
    However, I stated that the Helm is a good choice too, but I don't have any numbers.
    Helm + Belt is most likely better during longer fights or AoE Encounters.

Edit: Feel free to give me your Helmet-Legendary String, than I can try to SIM with it.
    head=perseverance_of_the_ebon_martyr,id=132459,bonus_id=1811/3458

It's 910.