Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope the Fury of Air buff goes through, I'm a big fan of damage aura type abilities like that and one that's wind based? Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    No, stop this overpowered thing as an excuse. Yes, buff the other options instead of nerfing what people already use god damnit. I think NOBODY cares about lightning shield,.
    I care about lightning shield, it has a special place in my heart.

That said I like hailstorm better.

LS should just be a baseline passive of enhc/ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I hope the Fury of Air buff goes through, I'm a big fan of damage aura type abilities like that and one that's wind based? Sign me up.

I care about lightning shield, it has a special place in my heart.

That said I like hailstorm better.

LS should just be a baseline passive of enhc/ele.
    I'm the opposite.... I hate damage aura abilities. The Frost DK breath and the Monk Jadewinds are both very annoying to me, they just seem like clutter on the screen, so I don't wanna use FoA if I don't have to. I think it should be a good alternative tho, but just an alternative not a clear winner.

I do agree about LS tho.... it really made no sense to remove it and then make it a talent. It has to be the most boring, basic passive damage ability in the game, not to mention a base ability for Shaman since forever..... I would go so far as to say that its a signature ability that let you easily identify a Shaman in a group (along with water shield and earth shield). I would love to get BOTH lightning and water shield back as regular abilities (or even a minor glyph with no real effect just for looks).

That talent tier just has too much passive damage.... perhaps that was their goal but it seems real lame to me. LS lets you proc some nature damage thru melee, AS inc haste which lets you proc more FT dmg thru melee as well as SB procs, and HS adds frost damage thru melee. So you can pick between more passive nature, fire, or frost damage lol.

Well, it did make sense to remove Lightning Shield. As you said, it was the most boring and basic passive damage ability.. its exactly the type of thing that they should have targeted for the prune. The part that didn't make sense was dumping the original talented version of LS (basically single target FoA) and going back to the old design.

Control of Lava Your Lava Burst deals 100% additional damage, and generates 30 Maelstrom when it deals damage Lava Burst damage increased by 50%. Your Flame Shock damage over time has a 10% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Lava Burst, and increase its damage by 0%, stacking up to 0 times. Elemental Shaman - Tier 4 PvP Talent.

Seems like a net nerf for PvE Ele since we're back to 5% Surge chance. Slight nerf for Ele PvP maelstrom generation since this will be the go-to talent over the "flame shock ticks regen maelstrom" talent. Giving up maelstrom generation for LvB dmg is okay in my book though.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Control of Lava Your Lava Burst deals 100% additional damage, and generates 30 Maelstrom when it deals damage Lava Burst damage increased by 50%. Your Flame Shock damage over time has a 10% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Lava Burst, and increase its damage by 0%, stacking up to 0 times. Elemental Shaman - Tier 4 PvP Talent.

Seems like a net nerf for PvE Ele since we're back to 5% Surge chance. Slight nerf for Ele PvP maelstrom generation since this will be the go-to talent over the "flame shock ticks regen maelstrom" talent. Giving up maelstrom generation for LvB dmg is okay in my book though.
    I actually hate this talent because it force me to be a hard-caster. I like the change, and I wonder if Elemental Fusion adding Lava Surge chance to 20% in total with this new Control of Lava. And about the increase damage stacking, does it mean FS dot is now stacking like Lock's Agony?

And they nerfed enhanc. They even nerfed lightning shield, jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    I actually hate this talent because it force me to be a hard-caster. I like the change, and I wonder if Elemental Fusion adding Lava Surge chance to 20% in total with this new Control of Lava. And about the increase damage stacking, does it mean FS dot is now stacking like Lock's Agony?
    10% total I think. Doubt they stack. base is going to 5% I assume. New PvP talent I would assume no longer replaces Lava Surge.
    Last edited by Northy; 2016-11-30 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    And they nerfed enhanc. They even nerfed lightning shield, jesus.

Yup, what for I dunno. GG Blizz

Man, I just started to level my Shaman again because Ele looked like it would be pretty strong, are they already knocking it down? (For PvE, mostly M+)

Quote Originally Posted by nazeroth77 View Post
    Man, I just started to level my Shaman again because Ele looked like it would be pretty strong, are they already knocking it down? (For PvE, mostly M+)
    No they're knocking ENH down, but buffing ele.

They did nerf Elemental Fusion for Ele back down to 5%, but it was probably needed to bring the Ascendance build more inline with Icefury build.

EQ: It depends. If it (1) ticks faster for the same damage, or if it (2) ticks for higher damage at the same rate. IF the proc-chance for the knockdown stays the same (2) would be a huge nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Elemental Fusion Nerf: Ascendance Build dead?

Sure....
    I wanted to make Alt, I thought about ele shaman and boom nerf
    omg
    Last edited by galardos93; 2016-11-30 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
    They did nerf Elemental Fusion for Ele back down to 5%, but it was probably needed to bring the Ascendance build more inline with Icefury build.
    Isn't the Icefury build already better than the Ascendance build without the lava burst legendary?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Enhance nerf isn't that bad. We will still be strong.

what the fuck is blizzard even doing? It seems like they're just trying shit out without even thinking beforehand. Once build massive nerfs everywhere, next build everything's reversed.

Don't get me wrong, that's what the PTR is for, but it honestly just seems like they aren't even thinking about it before rolling out the changes. Now why the fuck lightning shield and overcharge (or whatever the lightning bolt talent is called) were nerfed is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    The Enhance nerf isn't that bad. We will still be strong.
    Yea, ~30% nerf on hailstorm while nerfing everything else in that row is nothing. They even nerfed lightning shield and overcharge. Nothing became baseline yet, nothing new added. So much hoped when they talked about this patch and in the end it's a bunch of numbers change for enhanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Don't get me wrong, that's what the PTR is for, but it honestly just seems like they aren't even thinking about it before rolling out the changes. Now why the fuck lightning shield and overcharge (or whatever the lightning bolt talent is called) were nerfed is beyond me.
    Lightning Shield wasn't nerfed, they instead reverted the previous buff. It's now identical to live.
    Because they nerfed the two talents it was competing with, it doesn't need to be buffed itself any more, or it would be overkill.

Overcharge had its cooldown increased, but the damage has also been increased. Currently it's far more damage than it was on live, with a slightly longer cooldown to go with it.
    The damage increased by a greater degree than the cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    what the fuck is blizzard even doing? It seems like they're just trying shit out without even thinking beforehand. Once build massive nerfs everywhere, next build everything's reversed.

You're actually on point, that is exactly what they're doing. They said previously that the PTR this expansion will be a lot more iterative than previous builds. We're going to see a lot of out of nowhere changes that go nowhere before the final product is done.

Quote Originally Posted by nazeroth77 View Post
    And PvP nerfs too, not in damage but in less Lava Surge procs and crummy Maelstrom generation.