Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Yep. A single poor/interrupted Crusade window and our DPS drops significantly. There are ways around it, by going Divine Purpose + haste + no "on use" trinkets, but it'll still be quite a bit behind Crusade + vers/crit + "on use" macroed to Crusade.
    This pretty much, can't scream enough curse words when I pop wings on Elethreal (or whatever that stupid spider/bird is) just to have to run out because I've been tagged for poison or tornados...

But yeah like everyone else said, mobility is horrid. We get spammy during wings. But otherwise though I still sorta prefer our old faceroll rotation with mid range attacks, the new one honestly isn't as bad as I thought it would be, a bit simplistic and I curse colos, er judgment debuff not lasting at least as long as the CD and damage being tied to it, but otherwise the negatives aren't too strong. But we're still pretty burst oriented, which means looking sorta bleh besides about 20-30 seconds of a fight every 2 minutes. But that's always been ret pally modus operandi.

to sum it up:
    -mobility is horrid in ways you can't imagine, even moreso in PvP
    -Burst is life, burst is all, we don't have sustained dps
    -almost no choice in how you talent
    -overdependance on one trinket, that is FCM
    -incredibly godawful shitty mobility you will pull your hair
    -cheap knock-off copy of armswarrior gameplay
    -almost no interaction between talents and artifact traits
    -Great(not really) Blessings, especially - "of Might"
    -did I mention fething shite mobility?

Deleted
    Thanks to all of you for your help, and I got it !
    I'll keep waiting until all the classchanges of 7.1.5 are out to take a decision then.
    But to be honest with you, pala still seems attractive to me (yet a little bit less than before).

And I am glad most of you are fine with how your spec is atm, keep it up !

Quote Originally Posted by Serinya View Post
    I heard you about the mobility, yet at my level it is a problem only in old content and pvp. Rets don't look like to have any issues in pvp, and for old content i can take the 2nd poney ride as talent. Plus, i come from dk, soooooo...
    If you're doing old content, you'd be better off going Prot for mobility. They have the same 2nd pony talent, and one that decreases the CD of the ponies by 50%, both in different rows so you can have both. I don't think that's changing in 7.1.5 either, but I might be wrong so might want to double check that.

Deleted
    Dunno,... as a semi-serious raider i feel just fine.

Our mobility was rather bad ever since the inception of our class... With the double holy-pony talent i actually feel more mobile than ever

The spam you mention occurs less in Legion than in any previous expansion... for once we actually have some downtime on the button-mashing, which i don't remember having since... like... TBC? At 30% haste the spec feels fluent enough and not mashy at all outside of Crusade... where it becomes rather hectic.

Additionally the spec feels semi-imortal in PvE, especially if you get your hands on the legendairy bracers.

How i feel about the spec in common; It feels alright... if they decided to remove our Greater Blessings it will actually feel good.

Deleted
    In PVE normal/hc I'm always top 3 dps - don't do mythic raids anymore so can't say.

Mobility is fine in PVE (thank you double pony charge!) and survivability is good without DPS loss if you get the Justicar's Vengeance talent (eye for an eye is too situational and RNG based to make it useful IMHO).

For PVP the key is to know when to shield up and use 'freedom abilities' - once you pop Crusade no-one (except another pally) is likely to survive the sustained dps assault. Pop Crusade/Bubble and you are literally a wrecking ball.

Bu then I've been playing Ret since I started playing WoW (CotC patch in Wrath) and not a FotM player either.

Crusade? In pvp?
    Now this is one hell of a pvp tip.
    Please stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    and survivability is good without DPS loss if you get the Justicar's Vengeance talent (eye for an eye is too situational and RNG based to make it useful IMHO).
    Did I miss something?
    Outside of DP JV is always a DPS loss.

once you pop Crusade no-one (except another pally) is likely to survive the sustained dps assault.
    Everyone with better mobility/escapeabilities/CC survives it and thats almost everyone

Pop Crusade/Bubble and you are literally a wrecking ball.
    For like 8s if your target isn't already out of your melee range.

For PVP the key is to know when to shield up and use 'freedom abilities'
    Yes, unless it's a mage, then you just give up and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    You're pretty mistaken.
    Sure Ret is fine unless the enemy team has a Shaman or Mage which will negate almost all your defensive CDs (except bubble, EfaE).
    Offhealing without the traits is shit and selfhealing outside bubble is pretty risky. (imo JV isn't worth it)
    Burst is really good. Outside of Wings our DMG is pretty subpar)
    Mobilitywise Paladins are on the same page as DKs.
    Ret in pvp is top tier. Very much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Yeah right.
    Sure it's above regular bottom feed, but that's it to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yeah right.
    Sure it's above regular bottom feed, but that's it to it.
    You kidding? For a start it was in blizzcon and it wrecked. Go watch a cdew stream with vanguards, they farm every comp. And no it's not coz they're op players as I've farmed vanguarda in 3v3

10+ Year Old Account
    In Arena yes, in everything else not.

If we have a pockethealer/dispeller we are top tier.

You kidding? For a start it was in blizzcon and it wrecked. Go watch a cdew stream with vanguards, they farm every comp. And no it's not coz they're op players as I've farmed vanguarda in 3v3
    No I am not.
    All I've seen during these matches is pillar humping impeccably executed by rets so as not to get instagibbed during bubble cd.
    But you are free to tell me Ret is a mobile spec which does not suffer from overvulnerability to dispels or kiting.

Now then, if we take into consideration the upcoming nerf to Di and poh?
    You will still stand by your point?

Deleted
    This paladin is feeling whoozy. Fearing a last minute nerf to crusade before we can leave any feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Outside of DP JV is always a DPS loss
    No, you are correct - but I'm talking about out of rotation self-healing without using WoG. It can be quite handy if you need a quick (and pretty substantial) self-heal whilst still causing some dps. E4E is just too situational and JV still causes damage rather than WoG.

see a lot of rets in m+ how come you guys don't seem to think they're strong there? Are you comparing to frost dk/havoc with their insane aoe?

Deleted
    see a lot of rets in m+ how come you guys don't seem to think they're strong there? Are you comparing to frost dk/havoc with their insane aoe?
    We aren't bad for mythic+ with good gear and artifact, but we are missing an AoE stun outside dungeons where theres many demos and undead. In those we are pretty good.

Aka why i keep trying to lobby for Uther's Divine storm from HotS. Meaty AoE damage with AoE stun. Bit of a cooldown, but even if its a 1-1.5m cooldown, its pretty awesome to have.

Fair enough thanks I'm currently debating what to play when I can log back in on Friday, struggling with dh, dk and pally. Back to the drawing board!

7+ Year Old Account
    Other then my long standing issues with the Greater Blessings being Isaac's Heart tier, feelin pretty good currently. Am waiting to see how the patch affects us, we know that Crusade has a target on its back and deservedly so.

So yah feeling good, hoping that first talent tier gets some sprucing up (FV baselined and replaced, ES made somewhat useful, Cons...idk) and that Greater Blessings get thrown into a murf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinya View Post
    - The horrible mobility (I love to do old content with friends, and it's getting really annoying there)
    - How is the mobility ? From what I've seen, only the horse (possibly 2 charges), is it enough ?
    We are in the exact same place, we have shit mobility, and no, it's not enough... It's actually far worse than DK in PvP, due to DKs having Death Grip as a Gap closer, Wraith walk being snare/root immune (steed isn't and BoF can and is often dispelled before we can even cast steed) and an undispellable 70% snare that's only limiting factor on recasting is runes, where our only snare can be dispelled and has a THIRTY SECOND COOLDOWN.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-11-28 at 07:54 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.