Chain of Thrayn and Liadrin's Fury

Obviously one of these is garbage till patch time.

I feel lucky, I am assuming I now have 2 of the best 3 legendaries available to Ret. So the question is, if I should be so stupid lucky to get the cloak to drop, which of the 2 would you run post-patch?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kguarde/simple

Edit: Just in-case for those that do not know, Chain of Thrayn is being changed to add a flat 25% damage increase to Crusade in 7.1.5

Cloak over the ring.

I think the cloak is main prio. Other than that we need to sim/calculate what would be the biggest damage increase, ring or belt. I got the feeling the belt will be better with the flat damage increase. Also because of possible holy power overcapping (getting a "6th" within a GCD, rendering the passive useless for those 2,5 seconds).

My guess is cloak + belt.

..now if only that cloak would drop for me :P

Deleted
    There is no need to simulate ring vs belt. The belt will be way better.
    I agree though, if i'd guess the 2 bis legendaries will be the cloak/belt combo.

An interesting thought is how a heavy versa/crit setup with minimal haste (devaluing the cloak) will work with belt+ring+nighthold trinket. The nighthold trinket will up the value of both the belt and ring (in fact the cloak indirectly as well..). Will be crazy and frequent bursts inside Crusade and really weak DPS during downtime.

Thanks for the feedback, I had a hunch, but wanted to see what other people thought.

The ring also proves problematic (wasted HP) when crusade+hero type spells are cast. I can't press the buttons fast enough. lol

Deleted
    The ring also proves problematic (wasted HP) when crusade+hero type spells are cast. I can't press the buttons fast enough. lol
    Use TV at three holy power it both crusade and hero are up. You'll be less likely to waste the HoPo from the ring and should have enough haste to not have empty gcds (therefore no real damage loss).

I have to say Cloak>Ring>Belt. Our dps comes from crusade. More damage during crusade just bumps our numbers higher than any other dmg increase. As others said, sim yourself, either using AMR or Simcraft.
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    I have to say Cloak>Ring>Belt. Our dps comes from crusade. More damage during crusade just bumps our numbers higher than any other dmg increase. As others said, sim yourself, either using AMR or Simcraft.
    First you say Cloak>Ring>Belt, then you base that argument on that the imporance is the damage during crusade.
    From that logic, why not rank belt as #1?

Btw not sure, but doubt you can sim before the program is updated with the new changes.

Cloak will stay king cause the effect works outside Crusade as well.

From what I can see its gonna be a close call between the ring/belt for the second slot(I could be wrong, after all we need for the belt to go live).

That being said, the only players who will need to make that choice are the ones who has all 3 legendaries.

If you are one of those then I hate you