Blance Druid leveling weapons?

Very new player question here; I am just curious as to what weapons I should be using? I have been going for any weapon I can use that provides higher intellect stats as I don't seem to use the weapon in close combat, I continue to use my abilities unless they are on very little health and the next DoTs will kill them, I just give it a hit just to be safe; is this the correct way to play?

Deleted
    A completely fresh player after 10 years without any friends who can guide you and/or without heirlooms to level?

wow ......

My sincerest condolences

Take whatever you get from quests and/or dungeons. Just run around and spam dots, should be even with green gear enough dmg to kill everything up to Burning Crusade. From that on things goes easier.

But ....srsly..... no heirlooms? fml

For leveling, just get whatever weapon has the highest int. Secondary stats don't really become relevant until you hit the level cap.

Also, ignore ShoopDaWhoop.

Deleted
    Right, ignore me, i deserve it.

Let the blind King huth guide the deaf ones.

As you say, intellect is what you want. Weapon damage is irrelevant. Higher level weapons will also have spell power on them, which is really just a different name for the same stat. The more the merrier. Stats like critical strike and haste are also nice, but intellect is king at every level.

As for hitting things with your weapon, it's a legitimate strategy as a finisher up until level 50-60. Staffs can hit quite hard. After level 50-something, caster weapon damage simply don't scale well enough to remain relevant.
    Last edited by Alltat; 2016-11-24 at 04:25 PM.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Right, ignore me, i deserve it.

Let the blind King huth guide the deaf ones.
    Better than the guy who keeps talking down his guidees for no good reason.

Thank you all for the responses! This will help me with my adventure!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Better than the guy who keeps talking down his guidees for no good reason.
    I guess its time to tell Ucandosht that youre still around.

Rule of thumb just go with the highest ilvl and thus spellpower mainhand or staff. I'd keep an offhand in my bags just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    I guess its time to tell Ucandosht that youre still around.
    Whatfor? So there's two of you talking down to new people and telling them how bad they are?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Whatfor? So there's two of you talking down to new people and telling them how bad they are?
    Except he didn't do that? Get your head out of your arse