Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Trinket choices in M10+ and higher

Hello fellow kids,

I'm doubt on which trinkets to use for mythic+ dungeons.
    My group is pushing now for 13+.

The choices are:

Arcanocrystal 875
    Sinew 880
    Arans ruby 860 (wearing the chest)
    Eye of skovald 870
    Bough_of_Corruption 865
    Unstable_Horrorslime 860

For now im using Arans / Arcano for trash and trying to swap to Sinew before bosses.
    Am I doing this right or should I just stick with sinew for the whole place and try to use it on prio mobs?

Your input is much appreciated.

Ruby is awesome, sometimes it is top1 on trash.

Ruby and Signew, can't go wrong with that combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanek View Post
    Ruby and Signew, can't go wrong with that combo.
    Personally I would question Sinew, the main issue is trash and sinew isn't that great for trash pull dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Personally I would question Sinew, the main issue is trash and sinew isn't that great for trash pull dps
    it's M+10, some trash have to kill fast or they have alot of health, so signew still worth to take it, and it help you on boss too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just .. change ? Wtf ? I use Eye / ruby on trash, and Sinew / Devilsaur (or ruby) on bosses. I don't see the issue here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Just .. change ? Wtf ? I use Eye / ruby on trash, and Sinew / Devilsaur (or ruby) on bosses. I don't see the issue here
    what ilvl is your baton?

arans ruby+bough of curruption.
    you could swap to sinew be4 bosses if you want for extra burst there aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    what ilvl is your baton?

/10char

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    arans ruby+bough of curruption.
    you could swap to sinew be4 bosses if you want for extra burst there aswell.
    This is most likely what would be the best combo
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Personally using a 860 Aran and 865 Horror... works a treat.

I switch them both out for my 845 socket Baton and 865 Sinew for boss fights.

890 ruby and 850 baton with a socket are my default choices.

Based on your choices I would use your ruby and bough for trash and sinew and skovald for the boss. If the boss is going to be moved a lot ruby can still be a very strong option though. The main reason I stick with the ones I have depending on how you are pulling you can't always swap trinkets so I just stick with what is the most helpful.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-11-24 at 11:00 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post

/10char
    ruby 860 sims higher ST than shock baton, you should never take it off, with karazhan chest it's bis by far

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    ruby 860 sims higher ST than shock baton, you should never take it off, with karazhan chest it's bis by far
    Best to do a SIM before sticking with the Aran ruby.

Aran's ruby also has a tendency to be completely random like the Bough (1 fight it's insane, 1 fight it does no dps)

With my current gear, switching my Shock Baton (845+socket) to the Aran's ruby only gives me 600dps increase. 600.

I'm not prepared to lose 3% of crit just to get a 600dps increase.

*this is for ST, not Trash... trash is Aran all the way*

for trash arcano + ruby unless affix is raging, then arcano + sinew and use sinew to snipe deadly mobs quickly so they don't rage.

for bosses arcano + sinew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosaria View Post
    Best to do a SIM before sticking with the Aran ruby.

Aran's ruby also has a tendency to be completely random like the Bough (1 fight it's insane, 1 fight it does no dps)

With my current gear, switching my Shock Baton (845+socket) to the Aran's ruby only gives me 600dps increase. 600.

I'm not prepared to lose 3% of crit just to get a 600dps increase.

*this is for ST, not Trash... trash is Aran all the way*
    Your sim isn't taking into account the scaling damage procs

Deleted
    Ruby for sure and the next one either arcano or bought. I myself use skovald 875 with socket. I don't have arcano or bought at all, even with few mythic xav kills, and also none from heroic either. Sinew takes 30 sec to activate when put on and is not worth on trash which is no no.

Deleted
    Answers really have been all over the place so far

Deleted
    By default id recomend Bough fo corruption and Ruby. Arcano isn't a bad option either at 875.
    The reason is their strong on all types of fights and you have a lot of trash to kill as well.

Sinew is only incredibly strong on single target burst...but if you can't use it consistantly perfectly and the boss duration isn't favourable it is quite a trap.
    And m+ is a long consistant fight so it's only harder to use it properly. But you do have 880 sinew. An option is if your capabable is to switch to sinew and have it ready just before you start the boss fight.

Maybe Sinew is a good choice for some nasty trash fights on teeming and that first mini-boss in black rook hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanek View Post
    it's M+10, some trash have to kill fast or they have alot of health, so signew still worth to take it, and it help you on boss too.
    Problem with Sinew is unless you time it with ROP/Combustion is really is just a crit stat stick and yes you could switch for boss but have to remember to do it roughly 30s before you engage boss which is problematic to time perfectly when pushing higher level.

Ruby is no question and if you have the robe to go alongside would never swap out even on single target, given the nature of it even on single target it "could" do more damage without the robe also.

I haven't used my bough but in theory that could help the most if you can pull a decent enough size pack which might not be possible in 10+ so I would go for the overall stats of arcano.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.