Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legendary items removal

is it possible to delete a legendary in hope of breaking soft cap of 4 legs at a time or just to increase the likehood of getting different items? Does it even work, or doing so would have no impact anyway?

There is no soft cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    The soft cap is a myth. Deleting legendaries is a waste.
    That top raiding guild disagrees with this, to the point that it's better to make a new character to chase legendaries.

so it wont work at all? even in a case where i have 1/2 legs and would like to get items for a different spec

The soft cap is real. Wake the fuck up.

anyway i didnt ask about the soft cap specifically but about removal of legendaries - does it even work or just no impact at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There is no soft cap.
    Thanks, reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Asasyn View Post
    anyway i didnt ask about the soft cap specifically but about removal of legendaries - does it even work or just no impact at all?
    My anecdotal evidence says the game registers whether you have a certain legendary or not, as one of my guildmates has obtained Sephuz and deleted it right away in sheer anger.

Next day, he's gotten another one from an M+ run, so the game obviously re-checked whether he has this one or not - as normally, you wouldn't get a duplicate.

Hard to say if the game counts "legendaries collected" or "legendaries owned currently", but going with what I've said, deleting a shitty one COULD possilby help.

Deleted

i tryed to avoid the "4legy softcap" no luck until now :/

Deleted
    There is no softcap i mean, im a 7/7 M 1/3M raider, more than 500 mythic+ dungeons, i do all the mythic dungeons every week, normal and heroic Emerald nightmare and Trials of Valor, everysingle Box and got 2 legendary items, so that means the there is a softcap for me that won't let me get more than 2 legendary items? C'mon, just bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    That top raiding guild disagrees with this, to the point that it's better to make a new character to chase legendaries.
    would you listen to cheaters? i mean their reputation is pretty much gone... it is like taking financial advice off of a crook
    Hi

Deleted
    Who came up with this soft-cap myth in the 1st place?

Removing them also runs the risk of allowing you to get the same legendary again, depending on how they track that :>

who to trust - a blue post by the company who makes things work or exploiters? take your tinfoil hat off

10+ Year Old Account
    The legendary threads just keep getting better

We went from:
    - I STILL HAZ NO LEGENDARIES
    - THINKING ABOUT DELETING LEGENDARIES

priceless
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Lore even confirmed on his stream last night that there is no softcap. There has also been a blue post stating it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Might be that there isnt any badluck protection after number 4 making it go back to the base unprotected drop rate which was absolutely abysmal (I think, for M+ for example it was under .1%), and maybe, for current patch rate, a large drop off past the first 4 until maybe 7.1.5 etc. But all those rerolling, if there is a bug/artifical gate until the next patch and then its sorted out, will have wasted millions of AP etc and possible item upgrades, for a small chance to get the legendary items they specifically want, when theres 2 ideal ones out of about 20 odd for most classes/specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Thanks, reddit.
    Blue posts isn't reddit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    would you listen to cheaters? i mean their reputation is pretty much gone... it is like taking financial advice off of a crook
    Yes, I would listen to them in this case seeing as it has nothing to do with what they exploited. I would take financial advice from an accountant who murdered his wife as neither are correlated to each other.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Who came up with this soft-cap myth in the 1st place?
    Exploiting guild needed to draw attention away from their exploiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    who to trust - a blue post by the company who makes things work or exploiters? take your tinfoil hat off
    Well, given previous blue posts and their tendency to not have long-term or even short-term validity at all, it is actually a very valid question: who SHOULD we trust? If there was a transmog for a tinfoil hat, I would do that in a heartbeat!