Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's simple. I know from the beginning that some of the more outrageous things would not actually get done. I voted for him anyway, for several reasons: a) Republican , b) a big middlefinger to the Left, c) because I agree with plenty of what he says.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Leftard tears have never tasted more delicious
    But if he says one thing that you´re for and then does the opposite it´s bad for you and good for liberals, don´t you get it? You go on about leftard tears when your candidate is saying he´ll partially do their bidding, i just can´t even

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone not expect this? The guy is so full of bullshit, you'd think he lived on a farm.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Politicians usually deliver what they promise. This is different. Obama didn't have any major flip-flops. When he couldn't deliver it wasn't because he didn't want to but because he was blocked by Congress. In comparison, Trump is brazenly choosing to flip-flop on an unusually large number of positions.

Obamacare called and said remember what was promised during the campaign and how very little of it has actually come true?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Like black people followed Obama?
    Actually quite like it. Also like how Clinton shrills were bashing male Sanders supporters are "Berniebros".

But let's not draw a false equivalency between the different blind followings. The second you throw up you arm and say something like Hail Trump, or chant Build That Wall, or draw swastikas on stuff or threaten a random Muslim you lost any moral legitimacy or standing in a civilized society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It's simple. I know from the beginning that some of the more outrageous things would not actually get done. I voted for him anyway
    So you knowingly voted for a liar and a hack (I mean Trump University is a thing...so why do I even bother), just because?

Ok.

This is what the Dilbert guy said about it before the election. He seems to think it's more than Trump simply flip-flopping. Regardless of how you want to frame Trump's walk-backs as a positive or a negative, Trump spends a lot of time talking about "making deals." So it should not come as a shock to anyone who has kept grounded in reality that Trump is going to move from an extreme position towards the middle. That's what "making deals" is at its most fundamental level.

When normal politicians change their minds we label it flip-flopping or – more kindly – “evolving” in their thinking. When a Master Persuader does it, you are seeing pacing and leading, which is a major tool of persuasion. Pacing involves matching people – in this case emotionally – and later using that bond to lead them. We see Trump doing this often.

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to “extreme vetting,” which is a lot like Clinton’s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don’t hear them complaining.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a “New Deal” for African-Americans might be worth a look.

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered.

Readers of this blog might recall that months ago I predicted that Trump would soften his immigration proposals. That’s because I saw him from the start as a Master Persuader, not a crazy person, and not a common flip-flopper.

In my opinion, Trump might be the safest president we have ever had. He can lead the dark parts of his base toward the light (as Nixon went to China) and he has no incentive for war. Claims about his “temperament” are mostly about his penchant for insults, and that isn’t a mortal danger to anyone.

They follow him becuase of who he is, not becuase of what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    ah but your tears are so tasty
    What tears?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    What tears?
    According to Trump supporters, everyone left of them is incredibly angry and salty at his victory, and anything he does is done purposefully to piss off anyone left of his supporters.

A.k.a, these people actually live in their parent's basement and have lost complete grasp on reality. Or they're really shitty trolls, circlejerking at how funny they are amongst themselves and thinking "the dun got us!".

Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The left are going in this really strange area where at first they felt Trump was going to promote racist policies and they were upset, and now that they see that isn't the case, they are upset because he didn't introduce any racist policies.
    It's very much a 'heads I win tails you lose' scenario for me. Either I can mock Trump, or I can mock his supporters depending on whether or not he keeps/breaks his promise.

Even long before the election I was saying that one of the reasons I could stomach Trump would be so that I could watch his wall not get built. That I didn't expect it to happen doesn't mean I won't mock the hell out of it, because even thinking up something like that is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump flip-flops multiple times on a single matter throughout just one speech... This is nothing in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    According to Trump supporters, everyone left of them is incredibly angry and salty at his victory, and anything he does is done purposefully to piss off anyone left of his supporters.

A.k.a, these people actually live in their parent's basement and have lost complete grasp on reality. Or they're really shitty trolls, circlejerking at how funny they are amongst themselves and thinking "the dun got us!".

Go figure...
    It's the same folks who seriously use terms like "SJW" and "cuck". I'm inclined to agree with the basement theory.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-11-24 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm not a Trumpster, but the politico list you attached is dishonest at best and a raging piece of liberal shit-prop at worst.
    What, you mean that list of things that he said, followed by things that he also said that were the complete opposite? Talk me through how that is dishonest.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

(a) Trump is a phony and hypocritical liar that has betrayed his supporters with his rampant flip-flopping.

(b) I'm glad that Trump has flip-flopped because I didn't agree with his previous policy but supported him anyway.

(c) It doesn't matter that Trump flip-flops because policy doesn't matter, I just like and trust him.

(d) I believe Trump is a bullshitter who made wild promises that cannot be met so his flip-flops are inevitable because he's now being mugged by reality.

(e) I've been duped and conned by Trump's flip-flops.

(f) Something else?
    Considering he hasn't even been sworn in I think it's hypocritical as hell to judge the man. By the way, It's been nearly 8 years since Obama promised to close Gitmo, and it's still open. In defense of both Obama AND Trump, not all campaign promises made can be kept, sometimes things promised meet something called reality.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Like I've been saying to all my fellow liberal friends since April - Trump is a democrat in disguise. He's purposely destroying the Republican Party from within like a political double agent. I actually like the guy, after his administration is over the Republican Party is going to be very fractured, with far-right and moderate-right being at war within themselves and the democrats being unified under a single liberal ideology.

The dude was a democrat ffs, always has been.

Who are the republicans going to blame after all this though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Just as with any politician, the world is promised yet nothing can be delivered.

I am actually amazed with how much he is going to try to push through, like how he killed off TTP.
    But I thought he was going to be the different one, the saviour, because he's not a career politician?

At least that's what was being shouted from the rooftops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    They are both politicians, it's what they do.
    "Trump is gonna be great because he's not a politician!" That doesn't sound familiar?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-11-24 at 06:36 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

(a) Trump is a phony and hypocritical liar that has betrayed his supporters with his rampant flip-flopping.

(b) I'm glad that Trump has flip-flopped because I didn't agree with his previous policy but supported him anyway.

(c) It doesn't matter that Trump flip-flops because policy doesn't matter, I just like and trust him.

(d) I believe Trump is a bullshitter who made wild promises that cannot be met so his flip-flops are inevitable because he's now being mugged by reality.

(e) I've been duped and conned by Trump's flip-flops.

(f) Something else?
    1. The vast majority didn't care that it was Trump or what his position was. They just could not allow someone as terrible and dangerous as Hillary to win.

2. Everybody and their mother knows that Trump was speaking to peoples emotions during the election. He's a businessman with common sense and that's who will be leading America. The show-man that he presents has a different role. None of the things he "promised" in that role were even realistic, they just expressed the right attitude about America and that's what made us trust him more.

3. There is a difference between "flip-flop" and making better decisions because you have an open mind to discussion. Clinton flip-flops, Trump (in many, but obviously not all cases) adjusts. Even if you do take his judgment as "flip-flopping" does it really mean anything when you're talking about government anymore? We have the internet now, we can clearly see that anyone associated with politics has been two faced. We'll take the best that we can get, which was Trump by a MASSIVE margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They follow him becuase of who he is, not becuase of what he does.
    It's true, at this point it's more of a personality cult than anything.

Most of the leaders he likens himself to also had them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socanyou View Post
    2. Everybody and their mother knows that Trump was speaking to peoples emotions during the election. He's a businessman with common sense and that's who will be leading America.
    You guys need to make up your minds.

He's a politician vs. he's a businessman and not a politician, he always tells the truth and is a straight shooter vs. he was just appealing to emotions because he knew it would make him win.

You can't even get your own story straight on who he is, but you're still all lining up to suck on his taint.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

People voted in a habitual liar and now they're surprised to find he lied to them. What a shock.

Hey guys, guess what? Water is also wet.

Deleted
    We on the alt-right knew he wouldn't have delivered everything he promised, and, besides, even what he promised was too moderate; still, we supported him because he is at least going to provide us with something we want, as opposed to a clinton presidency that would have completely destroyed america and led us into wwIII with Russia.

Who cares? Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.