Deleted

[Mage] Leveling 100-110

Hi guys,

Im all new to the mage class and have been leveling up to 100 as both frost and fire, and had a blast with both specs. Im soon about to enter legion and was wondering which spec would be the most viable to quest and lvl with?
    Thanks in advance.

Have been fire on my alt because that was the FOTM when Legion launched and it has worked fine enough.

But mages are mages. Any speck should be fine for outdoor content. Look into endgame performances when picking your weapon.

I did not like fire for leveling. Mobs don't die quickly enough and I had to tank mobs quite often. I think frost is better for leveling purposes.

Since the massive nerf to fire's blink-heal leveling as a fire mage is really painful. Your dmg will go down significantly over the leveling due to crit constantly going down. I would play as frost for now and switch to whatever spec you like as soon as you hit 110.

Deleted
    Arcane was far easier to level in Legion than in the previous expansions. Thanks to long lasting Arcane Charges and talent Charged Up (that gives you instantly four charges every 40 seconds if needed). So you can basically nuke all quest mobs with 4 charge spells, no need to ramp up from 0 to 4 charges.

Deleted
    Thank you guys for the responses! I decided to go with frost just to be safer out there Then I'll decide on 110 which spec to go for!

Fire is just so quick when you have 40% + crit. If anything come close to you, dragon breat. So many instant pyroblact and AoE so easy with fire bomb + instant flamestrikes.