Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Sooo.. Balance Druid in 7.1.5?

Nothing? Why not..

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, "mediocre" is where the dev team wants this spec to reside in all forms of content (at least without the legendary head piece).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Apparently, "mediocre" is where the dev team wants this spec to reside in all forms of content (at least without the legendary head piece).
    This is definitely a valid complaint, but just to be fair, any spec that isn't currently "mediocre" is doing so due to a legendary. Fire Mage without bracers is pathetic, Arms Warrior without gloves is bad, Shadow without their two legendaries is... I guess anomalous but still nothing compared to what they do with the legendaries. I do wish the helm would be less necessary to do competitive DPS as balance, though, but it's not like we're extremely significantly more reliant on legendaries than they are (trust me, I understand how big of an increase ED is).

Nope! Instead we get a mobility nerf ontop of the mobility nerf we got in legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Nothing? Why not..
    If you actually read what they said, mechanically they're happy with it, but said it needs a few number tweaks and buffs.
    The patch notes are not done. There will be number changes for balance when the actual balancing phase comes in.

If we get Stampeding Roar back, since they said they wanted more utility abilities back, then I consider that a plus.

Now if we could get those legendary shoulders abolished and be given a proper legendary instead. Also Echoing Stars buff because it's the worst gold trait in the entire game
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Balance is fine, our Balance is always doing very well in raids. He only has the CA ring(got it last week, but before that he was also doing well), but if you get that or the SS head, you will do more than fine.

He was 5th on our Odyn Mythic kill and 6th on our Guarm Mythic kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Balance is fine, our Balance is always doing very well in raids. He only has the CA ring(got it last week, but before that he was also doing well), but if you get that or the SS head, you will do more than fine.

You can't look at a sample size of one and say that something is fine. That logic doesn't hold anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

and Nagura from Serenity was battling for first Place on Guarm

Nothing? Why not..
    Because so far there have been only mechanics changes and they already told us they're mostly happy with how Moonkin play, just not with their damage output.

Our changes will come towards the end of the PTR cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    You can't look at a sample size of one and say that something is fine. That logic doesn't hold anywhere.
    Maybe its time to get better. Like maybe people pointed out, Balance is fine in mythic raids and mythic+ with god knows how much utility they bring on top of their toolkit + dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Maybe its time to get better. Like maybe people pointed out, Balance is fine in mythic raids and mythic+ with god knows how much utility they bring on top of their toolkit + dmg.
    Balance is one of the worst casters to bring to a mythic +
    What are you talking about

Deleted
    Balance is one of the worst casters to bring to a mythic +
    What are you talking about
    Then you should start using BR, Innvervate, Treants, etc. Especially this weeks EU affixes pretty much favour Balance because of treants on high keys.

Deleted
    Yeah I'm sure the answer to your terrible logic is that I need to get better. How the hell is that even relevant? I never said that Balance is bad or good, I just said your argument doesn't hold. Again, just because you and few other thinks balance is fine, that doesn't mean it is true, it is a terrible argument. I mean all you have to do is read this thread and you will find people that think the opposite is true.

I don't know what I expected, everything on these forums these days seems to just be claims based on their own personal opinion rather than on facts, and discussions like that lead nowhere.

Deleted
    Why are people still not getting that blizzards not finished with tuning and working with the classes yet... you will most likely see some changes (good/bad) to your specc anytime now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Why are people still not getting that blizzards not finished with tuning and working with the classes yet... you will most likely see some changes (good/bad) to your specc anytime now.
    Because amount of whining about a spec has a strong positive correlation with likeliness of seeing changes

Ok, I'm taking the bait.

You just told Gebuz to get better. Obviously you have no idea who he is or what his credentials are, you just went straight for the ad hominem, didn't you? The bully tactic of the schoolyard is tried, tested and true. Instead of actually adressing what he said, you chose to bully. He is probably a better moonkin than most on this forum, but that is completely and utterly irrelevant to this debate. Gebuz was replying to a guy, that argued that his mate plays a Moonkin and performs well and therefor Moonkins are fine. I don't think Gebuz went out of line, saying that a sample size of one, is not really good empirical data for the claim that Moonkin is fine.

I have some pretty weird data for you, too: In our raids the top dps is a Moonkin. The 2nd is a Destro Lock and third is an Elemental Shaman. In the absolute bottom of the dmg meters we find; a Fire Mage, a Demon Hunter and an Enhancement Shaman. Does that mean Blizz will have to nerf Moonkin, Destro and Elemental and buff Fire, Havoc and Enhancement? No, not really. It means, that my data sample of one is an outlier and therefor not really gives Blizz a good picture of how any of those specs are performing.

The consencus seems to be that Moonkin ramp-up time for AoE is too slow. You can debate against it all you want and you might even do insane snap AoE on your Moonkin or be more valuable because of your utility in mythic+, but you would then - according to the number of posts debating the other side of the argument - be the outlier. Good for you and good for the group you roll with.

Deleted
    I have no idea who he is, fact is, that Nagura was in for all kills on top of many others Balance through out the top 50. She also did very competitive damage on top of bringing BR and innervate, something which other specs can only dream of while doing complete shit damage.

Deleted
    dont expect great buffs without nerfs to ife and ed, because balance is fine with one of the two and way above average with both of them

Deleted
    see no reason why they should nerf the ring.