Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If you take GA, is it part of your normal ST rotation?
    why wouldnt you use use it on cd if you take it, its one of your hardest hitting abilities outside sindragoas fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    I really wish people would stop with this. Yes, not having RA does feel worse on single target and makes icy talons harder, and you will do less boss damage, but not by a large margin. However, you will do less trash damage by a very large margin. And in mythic pluses, this is where you will spend the majority of your time doing damage. Even on tyrannical frostscythe just makes things much faster.
    That depends on the affixes. Scythe has the potential to backfire horribly if skittish shows up that week.

It's not a big deal if you mess it up, but you shouldn't use GA on cooldown on single-targets. Obliterate with KM active is higher priority.

Agree that Frostscythe is essentially a mythic+ only talent. But it is very strong there.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    why wouldnt you use use it on cd if you take it, its one of your hardest hitting abilities outside sindragoas fury.
    I dont use it all so i just figured id ask before i spec into it. Obliterate has a chance to proc rime. and obliterate crits interact with icecap. I dont know how much GA actually does so i havent tested if it outweighs obliterate plus its uses single target.

I dont use it all so i just figured id ask before i spec into it. Obliterate has a chance to proc rime. and obliterate crits interact with icecap. I dont know how much GA actually does so i havent tested if it outweighs obliterate plus its uses single target.
    Obliteration can mess up your frozen pulse uptime and you can also end up wasting a bunch of time procs if you get a few in a row during obliteration. I don't mind the playstyle but I've just been running ga all the time now. Partly because I ran out of tomes to change between st fights and trash in between bosses in raids. Obliteration sims way better for pure st for me but I honestly am finding that it isn't that much more effective than ga.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Obliteration can mess up your frozen pulse uptime and you can also end up wasting a bunch of time procs if you get a few in a row during obliteration. I don't mind the playstyle but I've just been running ga all the time now. Partly because I ran out of tomes to change between st fights and trash in between bosses in raids. Obliteration sims way better for pure st for me but I honestly am finding that it isn't that much more effective than ga.
    ya i get that, i was talking about obliterate and not obliteration. Was saying you cant just compare GA dmg with obliterate (not obliteration) dmg to determine that its better to use GA on single target. Because obliterate interacts with rime and icecap, while GA does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya i get that, i was talking about obliterate and not obliteration. Was saying you cant just compare GA dmg with obliterate (not obliteration) dmg to determine that its better to use GA on single target. Because obliterate interacts with rime and icecap, while GA does not.
    My reply on the previous page already explains this...
    Again Obliterate is at the end of the day Physical damage, GA will always scale better damage wise. Even though RNG might proc a rime and icecap, but if you are using icecap you have lego bracers which work better with GA anyways due to mastery and trait scaling(You know that stuff that increases your frorst damage like Frozen Core and Bad to the Bone Etc), I would implore you just to go one page back and look at the explanation ^_^.

Deleted
    between frozen pulse, avalanche, rime and RW with four points in the trait and the golden one, i see no reason to spec into GA for more cleave anymore for anything but maybe ursoc
    obliteration is a 20k ST dps boost for me right now

For my talent choices it depends on the boss. Patchwerk fights like Nythendra, ursoc I do RA + OB. Fights with adds il'gynoth and dragons Fscythe and GA. Cenarius and Xavius fiddle between Ob and GA

Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    Don't know what your talking about here, hardly any top logs even running FSc let alone both that and oblit...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ght&spec=Frost
    Here's a 99% historical (still 96% today) parse I did running that spec.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    between frozen pulse, avalanche, rime and RW with four points in the trait and the golden one, i see no reason to spec into GA for more cleave anymore for anything but maybe ursoc
    obliteration is a 20k ST dps boost for me right now
    for me GA is about 2k dps higher then obliration for st actully last i simmed my dk.