Deleted

Make the Fire Bracers baseline!

Hello fellow mages,

i'd like someone who's a native english speaker and active in the wow forums (and ofc has the same opinion as i have in this point) to bring this to the devs -

from my point of view, the effect of the legendary bracers ist a real cool gameplay improve. the feeling to get a procc based 4,5 sec cast which hits like a fucking truck off is just so good that i think it would help the firemage gameplay if it becomes baseline. ofc they need to adjust the proccs dmg itself (to 250% for example) an need to balance other things around this. I dont want this to be a core buff to all mages without the bracers, i just want that gameplay aspect which is really cool from my point to become accessable to all of us.

that being said, i'm a fan of mechanics like this, even the new rune of power is a fav for me! it needs some foresight to be used perfectly. the 4,5 sec cast is something in the same row. but planing it perfectly and being rewarded with such huge crits is just pure fun for me.

feel free to give feedback, maybe i'm not the only one thinking this way. and sorry for the bad english.

Baking in the longest cast ever into the arguably most mobile ranged caster spec? No thanks.
    Casting anything for longer than 3 seconds sucks, moreso in combat.

I agree with OP: pyros with legendary proc have to feel nice (to be honest i don't know, i play Arcane). But, in a world where Legendary effects exist, that sure feels appropriate to be one of them.

Having that baseline will just mean its damage has to be "baked in" the spec, thus lowering the damage of all spells accordingly, and making it less special. One day i think it will be sad for Fire Mages to let it go, but that's how the game works (another common example is how good some bonus sets feel for certain specs). You'll get new stuff, for good or for bad that it will be.

I don't think making the effect baseline is a great idea, especially since we'll most likely lose Ice Floes in 7.1.5. In mythic there are not many opportunities to just stand around for 4+ seconds to hard-cast a pyro. Playing with (nerfed) bracers in 7.1.5 will be "challenging" I guess, but we'll see.

And as Archmage already said, blizz would need to adjust our other abilities in order to justify this change to pyro, hence additionally nerfing fire mages in movement-heavy boss fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Baking in the longest cast ever into the arguably most mobile ranged caster spec? No thanks.
    Casting anything for longer than 3 seconds sucks, moreso in combat.
    that's why they should hit like a truck, to justify you finding these precious seconds to cast it, but most of the time the buff will wear off in movement-heavy fight. Nerf to proc damage, removal of icy veins AND momentum glyph still interrupting your casts? Fuck it, bracers suck in 7.1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    In mythic there are not many opportunities to just stand around for 4+ seconds to hard-cast a pyro.
    Huh? You can do it on every single boss in this tier.. I mean it has a 15 second buff time, so you have ~10 seconds to react and find a spot, not really that hard even without Ice Floes or Shimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by aggrokalle View Post
    Hello fellow mages,

i'd like someone who's a native english speaker and active in the wow forums (and ofc has the same opinion as i have in this point) to bring this to the devs -

from my point of view, the effect of the legendary bracers ist a real cool gameplay improve. the feeling to get a procc based 4,5 sec cast which hits like a fucking truck off is just so good that i think it would help the firemage gameplay if it becomes baseline. ofc they need to adjust the proccs dmg itself (to 250% for example) an need to balance other things around this. I dont want this to be a core buff to all mages without the bracers, i just want that gameplay aspect which is really cool from my point to become accessable to all of us.

that being said, i'm a fan of mechanics like this, even the new rune of power is a fav for me! it needs some foresight to be used perfectly. the 4,5 sec cast is something in the same row. but planing it perfectly and being rewarded with such huge crits is just pure fun for me.

feel free to give feedback, maybe i'm not the only one thinking this way. and sorry for the bad english.
    with the loss of ice floes i really dont wanna be forced to stand still and hardcast pyroblast :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't find 4 seconds to stand still on any single fight, then you shouldn't be worrying about trying to make class changes. Every single fight in the current expansion allows for you to strategically plant yourself and cast. Hence why Rune of power is the go to talent, and that revolves around a 10 second timer
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

They might as well. Fire doesn't have an ability that crits for over a million like other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    If you can't find 4 seconds to stand still on any single fight, then you shouldn't be worrying about trying to make class changes. Every single fight in the current expansion allows for you to strategically plant yourself and cast. Hence why Rune of power is the go to talent, and that revolves around a 10 second timer
    The question is.. Do I really want to? What does it matter if I got one big hard-cast pyro and lower dmg on the other abilities or it stays the current way? I don't really want to be forced to stand still for 4sec to do the same amount of damage as I do now only because of "bigger numbers".

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    The question is.. Do I really want to? What does it matter if I got one big hard-cast pyro and lower dmg on the other abilities or it stays the current way? I don't really want to be forced to stand still for 4sec to do the same amount of damage as I do now only because of "bigger numbers".
    The point would be, that currently doing it is a substantial DPS gain. Adding such ability to Fire would make it so, they wouldn't have to balance our pure damage lower because we can do full on damage even from movement. Giving some difficulty to playing a Fire Mage, which it certainly lacks at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Except we don't need to stand still for Rune of power do we?