Mythic Cenarius, need Help

Hey Guys,

we started our Cenarius progress last night and unfortunately having some issues with the waves of evil wisps. We couldn't manage to persist through one wave without atleast one dead on the ground. So I was wondering, is there any trick or tip you wise guys on the internet can share with me? Or do we just suck at the moment and have to practice more?

Our Comp last night was kind of melee heavy, we try to change that for the next Raid, and we are running with 5 Heales. We also have one Massgrip available and used it to lower the normal, non-explosion damage of the wisps and group them up a little. But yeah, not very successful right now.

So if there is anything you can tell me, i'm thankful for any kind of help.

Thanks!

Edit: here are the logs from last night for a better insight - warcraftlogs.com/reports/jVmwcHfnXvATdgrQ (can't post links yet, sorry)
    Last edited by Luccih; 2016-11-25 at 10:16 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 heal and only deal with one wave of wisps.

Have your DK mass grip the wisps, and have all of your range AoE them down. Blow all your healing CDs and defensives here, because they won't be needed for the rest of the encounter anyways.

Doesn't really matter if you're melee heavy or not with this strat. Keep 3-4 melee on the boss, and if you have more than that send the other ones to the dryad.

A month ago there was a couple different ways to do Mythic Cenarius, honestly I'd do the full DPS strategy at this juncture though which is probably to your advantage anyway. You only deal with one set of wisps and you can use literally everything.

Strategy also has the benefit of being quick. Don't reach 35% in 2:45? Have your drake tank reset the boss. Makes it augment friendly as well if you're missing a bit of DPS.

Massgrip the wisps and stun + slow them. Hunters MD them to a tank. All of this helps to not have them hitting your dps.

Tell people to use defensives and healing pots on the wisps, even if they're not in danger of dying they'll help the healers anyways. Then check logs to see that they actually did it. Spot the people who didn't and replace or correct them.

I would not agree on blowing all healing cd's on wisps though as we do use those to combat dread thorns raid dmg. But I suppose this varies. Use something big like a tranq and if people are actually using pots and defensives no-one should die unless they're also standing in brambles (how it usually goes).

Alright, to aim for only one wave of wisps sounds good and very reasonable. Thanks for the tips Tojara, we'll give it another try with only 4 healers then.

I added our logs to the initial post for further information.
    Last edited by Luccih; 2016-11-25 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    devotion aura, tranquility and a hunter with trueshot(yours is using ts at start) with some help fom the mage should be enough to deal with the wisps. make sure to not get a second wave tho.

My G-Lead told me that you cant skip the 2nd wisps. He said that we will get a 2nd wave wisps even if we have enough damage.
    Told him that he is wrong, doesnt believe me

Quote Originally Posted by G4merHoly View Post
    My G-Lead told me that you cant skip the 2nd wisps. He said that we will get a 2nd wave wisps even if we have enough damage.
    Told him that he is wrong, doesnt believe me
    Solve this yourself by checking logs of other guilds. It's not hard.