Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    I tried doing this and it seemed impossible, had to get our ret dps to swap to heals to 2 heal and beat this guy.
    Our dps is not low, 3 of us all 880's doing well over 400k. Our healer is a pretty geared and skilled holy priest, but feed on the weak just hits so insanely hard that its unhealable.

Imo he is one of the hardest tyrannical bosses in the game. Pretty much none of his abilities are avoidable. He targets dps with his spells and they hit like a truck.

At +10 this is how insanely powerful his abilities are and what they can possibly hit for.

His Nightmare Bolt hits for around 2.2 million
    Feed on the Weak hits for over 700k damage per second for 5 seconds, for a total of 3.5 million
    Apocalyptic Nightmare hits everyone for 2.2 million when he reaches 50%. Also buffing his damage by an extra 5%.

Induced Paranoia is the only move dps can avoid and it is easy if you know what you're doing while maintaining dps as a melee class.
    How can a single healer manage this?
    You have to use some defensive cooldown, you can track when he is going to cast with DBM. Also, new +3000 stat potions really helps, since they buff Stamina too. Next - in p2 tank should kite the boss so he wont get into void zones - when it explodes boss buffs himself. As for Feed on the Weak - it is about your healer to use all healing CDs to save the player, otherwise you can use immunities. Not so hard, actually, we did it on +12 with Tyrannical.

Honestly, I have another question that concerns me - how to beat last boss in CoS with Tyrannical? That's the question.
    Last edited by ssviolett; 2016-11-25 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    While I agree in principle that those bosses are the hardest, there are a lot of tricks that can be done on them and certain classes handle them better than others.

Hyrja for example, as a paladin tank I'd be confidant of living through 5 Shields of Light without switching sides.
    You can't stay on one side. She will gain too many stacks. Shield of light isn't a problem. It's expell light that one-shots people on Tyrannical.

Wrath of Azshara actually becomes quite easy if you 2 heal it.
    You are assuming a group pushing high keys will have time left to teleport out, respec and summon back a dps so they can heal. I grant you, it's possible, but it assumes you have a warlock and a dps with a decent healing spec.

Advisor Melandrus is quite hard, but not impossible. I actually watched Method do him on a 14 just a couple weeks after mythic EN came out, so in current gear you could do him on a 15. You have to cheese the Blade Surge.
    Even if nobody gets hit, the aoe becomes unhealable. Maybe with a shaman healer and a stars-aligned attempt it's possible, but definitely not on tyrannical.

Shade of Xavius is the hardest boss imo. There's very few good options for handling this fight other than have more immunities and have more health. A prot paladin does excel on this fight due to magic BoP, sac, and Hand of the Protector. Using stam flasks and potions of prolonged power can really help, since all his damage comes in huge bursts onto 1 target.
    The fight is too long and on tyrannical both the bolt and the channel 1 shot people. Again, can be lucky, with a stars-aligned attempt, but you can't rely on it.

Concerning Fortified, there are ways to deal with trash. For the scorpions in Nelth's, you only need to kill 2. At worst you can CC the trappers and burn lust + damage pots on the first one, then healer/personal CDs/damage CDs on the second. Also helps immensely if you stun/disorient/knockback the Frenzy as the scorpion will not recast it for a very long time. In Vault, I agree that Glaviyanna Soulrender is OP, but she's not totally impossible to deal with. As long as you coordinate ALL of your CDs for the moment she starts to deal damage in meta, you can kill her. Helps a lot if you have a resto shaman for spirit link. Alternatively, she can be skipped with a hunter pulling her into east bumblefuck and feigning while the rest of the group runs by, or you can invis pot.
    I would not expect the scorpions are killable on 13+ without heroism and perfect healing, but I could be wrong.

Overall, as I answered before, I presume everything is "doable", f you have a specific group, for a specific instance and spend days on RNG and trial and error, then yes, I guess it's all "doable". But for all intents and purposes, your good group pushing 15 will consider the examples I mentioned to be "dead keys".

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Honestly, I have another question that concerns me - how to beat last boss in CoS with Tyrannical? That's the question.
    You don't 11 and 12 are OK, anything higher I would advise to skip the key.
    Last edited by Zubacz; 2016-11-25 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Lust and shit on his chest at 50%

I don't even get this. Feed on the weak = cast your ST holy word spell. Job done. Spam a bit to get it back of cooldown and repeat.

Pugged a +11 last night. Honestly didn't see any problems with shade. We lusted on pull.

The same way you kill Wrath of Aszhara on m12. A little luck, flasks, pots, food, and everyone being on point. Not that helpful, but with determination and the appropriate gear you can get into done. Also, figure out where you are struggling and adjust. The group I was with missed the timer, so just to get the 12 clear, most of the people in the group hearthed to respect into things to pump more healing and survivability. Our HPala had to spec into talents they never use (standard) just to keep up with damage, our Rogue and BDK had to spec into a lot of self healing, and I was using Turtle/Exhil/Legendary helm as often as possible to save damage. Lastly, know when to give up. Sometimes, you might just not have the skills/class/gear to get it done.

Deleted
    currently there is no boss around which is impossible at +15 tyrannical. The two hardest ones, which require more than enough gear, are wrath of azshara and melandrus (you cannot +15 eoa with 2 healers within the timer). Both of them requires proper cd usage and mindful gameplay. Third place is hyrja in HoV which is the hardest non-endboss in the m+ segment on +15 tyrannical.

Xavius is just a little gear check and a healer test. The healer has a little time frame between all of his attacks. The healer only needs to react fast.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-25 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    You just don't do the instance at all on Tyrannical. The last boss is way to brutal and especially with a healer that doesn't have a damage reduce cd such as holy priest.

You best bet is to stack heavy self cd classes and serverly overgear the rest of the instance just to have a chance at last boss.
    I healed tyrannical 12 as a rsham lol?? if they are actually 880+ as they said should be no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    We did it once some weeks ago. Think it was 11 with almost 2 chests (we wiped once on trash and once on third boss). I suppose our group composition was just really good for it: bear tank, shadow priest, ww monk, some dps I can't remember and me on disc priest. The dps guys all had sufficient self CDs to deal with the Nightmare Bolt onto them, I could heal against 'Feed the Weak' just fine, used Pain Supp as self CD when I got the Nightmare Bolt (made sure to keep targeting the boss so I'd see who he'd target for the bolt) and bubbled for the 50% hit underneath the boss. Went painlessly and in one try.

I do however understand that a holy priest struggles majorly. I seriously cannot fathom how anyone would be masochistic enough to run as holy priest on 10+ Mythics. Literally NO damage reduction CDs, no real on the move utility, much less any useful CC (apart from a one minute disrupt on Chastise). The only way I could see that it might work would be to use GA as self CD and pray that every dps has CDs of their own to deal with FeedtheWeak/NightmareBolt/ApocalypticNightmare.
    Beautiful post from clueless player.
    GA gives you 2 immunities not one. Holy priests have the biggest burst heals topping entire party in around 5 sec. Also the biggest tank heals. Show me another healer able to heal for 3mil every couple of seconds.

You and assholes like you are the reason holy has so many problems pugging high mythics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    Beautiful post from clueless player.
    GA gives you 2 immunities not one. Holy priests have the biggest burst heals topping entire party in around 5 sec. Also the biggest tank heals. Show me another healer able to heal for 3mil every couple of seconds.

You and assholes like you are the reason holy has so many problems pugging high mythics.
    To be fair, I've been running most of my M+ with a bear tank, so I don't really have any need for big tank heals. And I don't see the point of having a burst heal when stuff simply one-shots you. Which, as I understand it, goes back to the old damage reduction/shields > heals. I actually started Legion as a Holy for dungeons. My most notable memory was a high (8 or 9 iirc) Black Rook Hold. Might have been lack of understanding everything properly, but I kept dying to the second boss (having the dot plus her charge thing just one-shot me every single time). I felt insanely powerless back then.

How exactly do you have two immunities at once? How can you utilize your 3mil hps if you have to be constantly on the move to avoid all the nasty stuff? How do you even get to 3mil hps when always moving?

(There is also no need to be rude.)

Don't use serenity on nightmare bolts, save it for the feed the weak which usually comes shortly after, you'll need the healing

keep everyone topped as much as possible for nightmare bolts

tell everyone to save personals/heal pots for when he does the AOE at 50%

have target of target of target, (or focus of target, focus on xavius) to see who xavius is targeting with a nightmare bolt after the 50% aoe, guardian spirit that target generally, unless they are topped somehow (usually turtle, dispersion, etc)

That's how i manage tyrannical shade, works well but it's still pretty sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    currently there is no boss around which is impossible at +15 tyrannical. The two hardest ones, which require more than enough gear, are wrath of azshara and melandrus (you cannot +15 eoa with 2 healers within the timer). Both of them requires proper cd usage and mindful gameplay. Third place is hyrja in HoV which is the hardest non-endboss in the m+ segment on +15 tyrannical.

Xavius is just a little gear check and a healer test. The healer has a little time frame between all of his attacks. The healer only needs to react fast.
    Hasn't melandrus 15 only been killed with an exploit with tyrannical

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Hasn't melandrus 15 only been killed with an exploit with tyrannical
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7aRnmo-aI

at this setup 2mio dps is the absolute minimum value for the endboss. Less than 2mio dps would result in an additional maelstorm.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-25 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post

(There is also no need to be rude.)
    No need to spread misinformation. Idiotic badly thought out posts like yours shape community perception and really it comes down to you not knowing how to play that class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No need to spread misinformation. Idiotic badly thought out posts like yours shape community perception and really it comes down to you not knowing how to play that class.
    Well, instead of being rude then, why don't you correct me with actual examples? What damage reduction do they have? What CDs/spells for when they need to move around a lot? What kind of CC do they bring to the table? These were the things I found lacking at the time, which every other healer I've played so far had. Then again, I only really played Holy at the beginning of the expansions, so I do admit not following all the latest changes. Did I miss something that suddenly makes them smoother and easier?

Deleted
    stand under scorpios ass -> dont get hit by his shit ... its just a l2p issue, everything is doable on +15

Deleted
    Purified Shard of the Third Moon Herloom trinket did help us alot , when we took it down start xpac..

You cheese the living fuck out of the boss, making it easy as fuck. - Did it on +14 Tyrannical using our PVP Skills.
    https://www.twitch.tv/artemol/v/101306222
    Watch from 57.33

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    You cheese the living fuck out of the boss, making it easy as fuck. - Did it on +14 Tyrannical using our PVP Skills.
    https://www.twitch.tv/artemol/v/101306222
    Watch from 57.33
    legal limbo bro

+2 Chested 12 on Tyrannical.

Externals, Heal Potions. Follow mechanics. Pull heads out of asses.