Deleted

Question What Legendaries to equip?

Hey,

So I just got my third legendary today on my lock and I am not quite too sure what 2 would benefit me the most, taking into account the changes coming in 7.1 So the three I am working with is

1. norgannon's foresight
    2. sphuz's secret
    3. odr, shawl of the ymijar

Obviously when I switch to Demo, I will take Norgannon's and Sphuz's. So just for Destro's point of view.

Thanks!

Deleted
    right now I'd take sephuz + odr for mythics+ and norgannons + odr for raids I guess

Deleted
    Yeah that was my first thought. With the norgannon changes hopefully it will feel slightly better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOMICxIRISH View Post
    Yeah that was my first thought. With the norgannon changes hopefully it will feel slightly better
    sephuz will be your best legendary by far with the 7.1.5 in mythics+

I don't think Odr is that good. Actually I think it is pretty bad.

In general Destruction has very bad legendaries. Looking at simcraft legendary results it becomes apparent that Destructions legendaries are really not that good.

Basically you would want to have Sindorei Spite + Feretory of Souls, but that is just a dream for a future far away unless you were one of the few lucky ones who somehow managed to get the best 1/8 destruction roll and the best 1/8 demonology roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magistrike Restraints not good, kk.

Deleted
    The first thing I thought when I got Odr was dragons. I think it could work on Cenarius and Xavius too. Also Odyn. Other than that I think I'll roll with Norgannon's and Sephuz. Might even consider changing to GoSup instead of service just for the doomgaurd interrupt.

The first thing I thought when I got Odr was dragons. I think it could work on Cenarius and Xavius too. Also Odyn. Other than that I think I'll roll with Norgannon's and Sephuz. Might even consider changing to GoSup instead of service just for the doomgaurd interrupt.
    The cloak is solid in any cleave situation, outside of that you likely won't have many if any opportunities to proc sephuz in raid so most of the time you'll likely be better off wearing the cape for the stats if nothing. They said they'd increase the scaling on jewelry in 7.1.5 but so far we haven't seen it to know if that'll make it a competitive item just stats wise with main armor slot pieces.

Sephuz is good for dungeons any time you're making use of shadowfury but will be worse as a stat stick until we see changes.

Also destruction berries are very good, dunno what conflux is talking about.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Magistrike Restraints not good, kk.
    its situational. for some situations its actually great.

for single target. not so much.

Huh? This cloak is for ST situations. You apply havoc to your target then blast the same target with Chaos bolt to get the +8% damage. It does NOTHING on cleave encounters like Dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The cloak is solid in any cleave situation, outside of that you likely won't have many if any opportunities to proc sephuz in raid so most of the time you'll likely be better off wearing the cape for the stats if nothing. They said they'd increase the scaling on jewelry in 7.1.5 but so far we haven't seen it to know if that'll make it a competitive item just stats wise with main armor slot pieces.

Sephuz is good for dungeons any time you're making use of shadowfury but will be worse as a stat stick until we see changes.

Also destruction berries are very good, dunno what conflux is talking about.
    Huh? How does the cloak help cleave situations. This is a SINGLE TARGET legendary. It allows you to put havoc on a SINGLE TARGET encounter. You can then cast CB on it for an 8% increase in damage.

@TravelDude It increases damage done to the havoc target, which isn't worth casting in ST for the dmg increase since its small. It's a cleave legendary.

@TravelDude It increases damage done to the havoc target, which isn't worth casting in ST for the dmg increase since its small. It's a cleave legendary.
    So if Odyn drops down you dont cast Havoc on him? Its instant cast. I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    So if Odyn drops down you dont cast Havoc on him? Its instant cast. I dont get it.
    Instant casts still incur a GCD, they're not free.

Instant casts still incur a GCD, they're not free.
    A global cooldown isnt worth +8% damage to our Chaos Bolt? Im not being facetious here. I have the shawl and want to be the best I can be. Lets talk this out.

Odyn: I spec for wreak havoc. I have the shawl equipped. Why do I not bother casting havoc for damage boost when Odyn drops for phase 2 and 3.
    Odyn: I spec for soul conduit. I have shawl equipped. Why do I not bother casting havoc for damage boost before unloading my shards?

Deleted
    It's for cleave AND ST alike. You can spend a GCD when moving. I don't think wasting a GCD on Havok is much worse than wasting one on Incinerate, even with 3rd Golden Trait.

Plus, Norgannon doesn't seem to procc quite often in Demo or Destro. I hope 7.1.5 arrives soon.
    Last edited by mmoc8aff34db26; 2016-11-25 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    A global cooldown isnt worth +8% damage to our Chaos Bolt? Im not being facetious here. I have the shawl and want to be the best I can be. Lets talk this out.

Odyn: I spec for wreak havoc. I have the shawl equipped. Why do I not bother casting havoc for damage boost when Odyn drops for phase 2 and 3.
    Odyn: I spec for soul conduit. I have shawl equipped. Why do I not bother casting havoc for damage boost before unloading my shards?
    The dmg increase you get from casting havoc has to compete with the spell you would have cast in its place. Without wreak havoc havoc only lasts 8 seconds, with the gcd included you get just over 6 seconds to make up almost an entire incinerates worth of dmg. Since incinerate does 250% spellpower, you'd need to do around 2500% spellpower's worth of dmg just to break even in that 6.5 second dmg window, which the spec is not capable of doing.

With wreak havoc its a 1-2% increase in ST to maintain havoc, which you can easily RNG above with soul conduit, making it make more sense to just continue to take soul conduit so you can gamble on proccing well above the 1-2% you'd consistently get with odr.