Is LW/BS/Inscript even worth it?

right now - Tailors can make 30 slot bags that are in demand, Enchanting is still useful due to enchants always being in demand, and JC obviously for gems.

but LW/BS/Scribe? what do they even bring to the table these days? particalularly LW, i have noticed i have nothing to offer anyone not named me. crafted gear gets out leveled in incredible ease, and other then drums if you don't have a lust what do they do?

As a blacksmith I sold the braces a couple of times but now I generally sell the ore. On my alts I don't even unlock the obliteratium forge. I sometimes make the buff items for gathering but generally I use them or give them to friends. I regret having blacksmithing and should have gone double gathering except maybe one day I will be able to make the new corehound mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    As a blacksmith I sold the braces a couple of times but now I generally sell the ore. On my alts I don't even unlock the obliteratium forge. I sometimes make the buff items for gathering but generally I use them or give them to friends. I regret having blacksmithing and should have gone double gathering except maybe one day I will be able to make the new corehound mount.
    this is exactly my point. Leatherworking. Blacksmithing. Inscription? what benefits do they even pose? with JC/Enchant/Tailoring/ALchemy there is stuff to actually use the professions for. the other 3? in the dark.

BS used to make the Gem Sockets. LW used to make leg enchants and prof specific bags. Scribes used to have glyphs. whats the point of these profs now? i know they wanted to make them "less mandatory", but this is absurd.

Inscription is mostly Tomes but I have success selling Scrolls of Forgotten Knowledge which is a great way to use your excess Roseate Pigment. I haven't had much success with Vantus Runes.

I've made tons of money on inscription, however it requires a large investment. The biggest issue is that the herbs we need are expensive and people aren't willing to put the Roseate Pigment on the market.

Guess it depends on server , made about 2 million from BS selling bracers early on and still make probably 10-15k a day off selling them but need to aggressive with relisting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavril View Post
    Guess it depends on server , made about 2 million from BS selling bracers early on and still make probably 10-15k a day off selling them but need to aggressive with relisting them.
    and how much do you think you would make if you had alchemy and were selling potions and flasks right now? or enchants? or gems?

Quote Originally Posted by Vralek View Post
    and how much do you think you would make if you had alchemy and were selling potions and flasks right now? or enchants? or gems?
    Well looking at my current market you *might* make 100g off some of the enchants vs selling the mats , where as I make about 2-3k (depending on undercutting) off the bracers. As for the pots/flask I will have to get back to you but last I checked it wasn't great BUT that is hard to quantify since you can proc multiple pots/flask. I do expect the bracers to die down eventually and hopefully alchemy/enchanting will fill that hole.

LW might have some money to be made from obliterating the cheaper 815 gear but it's not a trade I've picked up yet as I haven't needed really , maybe once I level a DH.
    Last edited by Gavril; 2016-11-29 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vralek View Post
    right now - Tailors can make 30 slot bags that are in demand, Enchanting is still useful due to enchants always being in demand, and JC obviously for gems.

but LW/BS/Scribe? what do they even bring to the table these days? particalularly LW, i have noticed i have nothing to offer anyone not named me. crafted gear gets out leveled in incredible ease, and other then drums if you don't have a lust what do they do?
    Blacksmithing and Leathworking both have the saddles that can make things nice. Think BS has the one where you can interact while on mount so great for herb/mining sessions. Leatherworking has the daze one which works when you are rush leveling through packs (or even gathering).

Inscription has the item that gives a weekly cooldown of a random item (AP, XP, etc) along with the Vantus Runes for progression raiding.

Then you have the BS Bracers and 2x LW bracers for those who want to open up the Obliterum Forge still (or on alts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Think BS has the one where you can interact while on mount so great for herb/mining sessions.
    I think most people got the Sky Golem by now with which you can herb while mounted so I don't think I would take BS only because of that.

Deleted
    well hey now guys, just yesterday i got a world quest to craft some leystone gloves that rewarded 10 blood of sargeras!

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I think most people got the Sky Golem by now with which you can herb while mounted so I don't think I would take BS only because of that.
    Except, the Sky Golem does nothing for when you are mining or even helping with some quest items you can click/pick up.

The barding from L is nice with the Sky golem, Hopefully they add more Oblit slots to get to bring it up to at least min raid tier ilev.

Deleted
    I'm actually making decent money with LW. I make dreadleather pants (?) that costs 2 felhide, 2 bloods and some leather. I make pants into oblitireum and sell, which still goes for 2,1k on my realm. I make around 500-700g per blood, which is around the same that alch makes on potion of prolonged power.