Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    Another would probably be Garrosh on 10 man heroic (I did progress on both 10 and 25 for this, 25 broke up) and I found that 25 man was much much easier than 10 for Garrosh when you enter the first heart phase was a much bigger difference on 10 than it was on 25. Last phase was quite a struggle as well, having to time when the iron star crashes into the boss.
    The poor difficulty scaling of 10 vs. 25 man is the reason I am glad 10 mans are done. Not that flex makes it any easier, but the middle ground is much easier to achieve. I would still prefer smaller raids though. In my semi-serious guild at EN M4/7, there are lots of player-types I could do without. Our core group would fare much better as real-life buddies and former hardcore raiders, with some of the principles still engrained in our minds.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

personal experience : LK 25 hc
    my guess : yog alone in darkness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    Old naxxramas Gothik the Harvester, only this one in wow!
    Was thinking about him too lol required equal damage in both sides, which meant lots of coordination remember it was 40 man :P
    The four horsemen was also hard at first.. And the Heigan Dance was punishing, unlike the wotlk version :P

The hardest boss however is difficult to point out. All 40 man raids was pretty difficult, as you always had undergeared players with you.

Looking away from that, spine of deathwing was annoyingly rough for me.

Deleted
    For me personally it was mimiron hard mode. We bashed our heads against that for weeks. The worst thing was that you would start the fight with not too much issues but once you got to phase 3 or 4, it would get overwhelming. So wiping after 8 minutes is not fun.

Deleted
    Viscidus (Alliance) AQ40
    4 Horsemen - KelThuzad Naxx40 (all the world buffs unite)
    Lady Vashj!!! Nobody mentioned her? 500k Revenge then nothing for a month?
    M'uru
    YoggSaron 0 before Asians released their add targeting addon
    LK HC - we simply waited for bigger buff
    Ragnaros HC

Deleted
    From what I have understood they killed it with 5% but I may be wrong. Still it was an immensely tough boss, I couldn't down it before 30%. Soul reaper was reaping a bit hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I agree but because you are a 'mathematician', you are unable to think about anything more wide except on what you see, right? Don't worry. My boss is also a mathematician and he suffers from same thing. Everything is simple in basis but people make it difficult. I only took '0s and 1s' as example because where ever you point finger on your computer display, including World of WarCraft, is made out of that and yet people think it's hard and it's not. But since I expect extreme level of idiotism from this forum, I'm not saying WoW is a product that anyone can make because today everything works in teams and collectives and WoW can't be made in one day and it wasn't made in one day. I won't be explaining anything further.
    I feel sorry for your boss, having to work with you must be a nightmare. And not in a good "keeps me on my toes" kinda way.

The original Nefarian is probably the hardest boss I ever progressed against. Organizing a 40 man was definitely more of a challenge than 20/25 is, and having the RNG of different drake colors. That said, it was a really fun encounter. That entire raid instance was pretty awesome IMO except for the damn suppression room.

Princess Huhu was another difficult boss because of the nature resist requirement and taunt immunity. Thank god Blizzard doesn't still design bosses like this.

For recent bosses I would say Mannoroth was more difficult than Archi only because Archi was made somewhat trivial by ERT tracking the wrought chaos and the shackles.

Deleted
    Do hardest solo-bosses count? I'd nominate Dark Animus 25H

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Was thinking about him too lol required equal damage in both sides, which meant lots of coordination remember it was 40 man :P
    The four horsemen was also hard at first.. And the Heigan Dance was punishing, unlike the wotlk version :P

The hardest boss however is difficult to point out. All 40 man raids was pretty difficult, as you always had undergeared players with you.

Looking away from that, spine of deathwing was annoyingly rough for me.
    Splitting your group into two smaller units with equal damage output is a common mechanic nowadays. For example Dragons and Il'gynoth in EN or Odyn in ToV.

Heigan dance was just run to one side of the room, then run back, it was extremely trivial once you learned the "pattern" (if you can even call it that).
    Archimonde has 3 phases and multiple mechanics in each of them. And just one of the easier mechanics is a more difficult version of Heigan dance (because the pattern is randomized out of 4 rather than always the same). On Heigan the easier version of the same mechanic was the entire fight.

The difficulty of modern bosses compared to classic is almost incomparable.

The fact that you could carry half the raid of undergeared people who had no clue what to do isn't exactly evidence that those fights were hard.

Quote Originally Posted by nato2k View Post
    For recent bosses I would say Mannoroth was more difficult than Archi only because Archi was made somewhat trivial by ERT tracking the wrought chaos and the shackles.
    But, wrought chaos isn't even the hard mechanic on Archimonde. Even without the addon, you could just have people with the debuff line up on one side and people without it (they are targeted instead) on the other. Just watch the Paragon video.

If you did Archimonde before the valor upgrades, you needed hero in last phase. That meant doing phase one without it and getting 3 doomfires. That meant soaking 30+ stacks of doomfire during the entire phase 2 while dealing with phase 2 mechanics. Your tanks had to survive multiple big adds in phases 1 and 2 etc.

What is true is that Archimonde was much easier to overgear than Mannoroth. As a result, once the valor upgrades were introduced and people were doing these fights with 735 ilvl + 795 legendary rings, Mannoroth seemed the harder boss.
    But don't let that fool you, before these buffs, it was a lot harder to kill Mannoroth compared to after them (obviously). And Archimode at the time was a whole another level above that.

But, wrought chaos isn't even the hard mechanic on Archimonde. Even without the addon, you could just have people with the debuff line up on one side and people without it (they are targeted instead) on the other. Just watch the Paragon video.

If you did Archimonde before the valor upgrades, you needed hero in last phase. That meant doing phase one without it and getting 3 doomfires. That meant soaking 30+ stacks of doomfire during the entire phase 2 while dealing with phase 2 mechanics. Your tanks had to survive multiple big adds in phases 1 and 2 etc.

What is true is that Archimonde was much easier to overgear than Mannoroth. As a result, once the valor upgrades were introduced and people were doing these fights with 735 ilvl + 795 legendary rings, Mannoroth seemed the harder boss.
    But don't let that fool you, before these buffs, it was a lot harder to kill Mannoroth compared to after them (obviously). And Archimode at the time was a whole another level above that.
    Having the addon for wrought meant more dps uptime. Doing it before a third doomfire was purely a dps requirement, and soaking just required one tank and one hunter and Hand of Purity. Our progression was pre valor upgrades and I still think it was easier than Manno. Archi was much more scripted where Manno had a lot of RNG that required a high amount of raid coordination.

Deleted
    Of those i progressed on?
    Probably mythic Mannoroth...

The hardest one to endure over stupid wipes?
    Mythic Iggynoth (heart of corruption mEN)...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Lich King 25 heroic, no kills before % buff (arguable ofc).
    Not true, Paragon got it before the zone buff
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Not true, Paragon got it before the zone buff
    Actually they got it at 5% if I recall correctly. They went back and did it at 0%, but they had 25hc gear that dropped from LK when they did so.

Quote Originally Posted by nato2k View Post
    Archimonde was definitely the more challenging boss before the ilvl increase. Those were some pretty spicy number checks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Actually they got it at 5% if I recall correctly. They went back and did it at 0%, but they had 25hc gear that dropped from LK when they did so.
    You might be right, it's been a very long time since it happened.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I would say heroic Rag 25-man for me.

Deleted
    From what ive done either M manno or M archi, even with valor and rings i see those fights as harder(when guild/raid is new to those fights not after theyve farmed it alot before valor) then anything from M En, cant comment on ToV M since havent done that yet. but overal id say Ragg 25hc and yogg 0 would be hardest with M archi and M helya.

The birds in EoA I would say!