Deleted

Couple of questions about Arms gear + crappy DPS (with logs)

I still struggle with DPS. My iLvl has raised but I still can't breach the 200k DPS mark. I just to be sure my rotation is at least in the right direction.
    We did Cenarius + Xavius today (didn't manage to kill Xavius though).
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZnCLhPjFbYJTmraH/

You'll notice I died really early on the second try of Cenarius... I took the dragon's breath in the face. Apparently I didn't see it in time so please disregard that überfail :-)
    This is me:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Snowbat/simple

Also, a lot of the gear I find is a higher iLvl than what I currently have, it's an increase in Strength and Crit for example, but it decreases Mastery. I shouldn't equip it then right? If so, it's kinda frustrating because this happens with a lot of the gear I find: most stats are an increase, but a decrease in Mastery.

Thanks

Hi. Just a quick few things that i noticed. Your mastery is very low, while itemizing for arms you want to prioritize Mastery above everything else (even STR and ilvl). This means that no matter the ilvl you always equip the piece of gear with more master. Secondly you didnt have any food or flask buffs and you weren't pre potting. You should always use Food(Night-borne delicacy platter) and Flask (Countless armies). Prepotting Potions of old war isnt really required unless your doing mythic content (maybe heroic depending on your group), however its worth it to use some prolonged power pots as they are extremely cheap. Also check out the arms compendium, is a series of FAQ's put together by some arms players. Im unable to link it, but it is sticked to the front of the warriors forums on this site.

Deleted
    I've taken a quick look at the cenarius kill and I've noticed a few things you can improve:

- Shattered Defenses: you should never let it refresh or expire. On that fight you refreshed it 6 times, which is basically 6 mortal strikes you did not buff
    - Battle Cry: you should maximize the gcd usage with the buff, ideally 4 (+ 4 focused rage) for your gear without bloodlust. On this fight you used 3 gcds twice, the rest were 1-2 gcd. One particularly bad thing is to pop it when you're not in range of your target (you did battle cry > charge once, that's a lot of wasted uptime). I can suggest you to pop just before (<0.2s) a mortal strike, preferably with a couple FR stacks.
    - Execute phase: you should be only pressing colossus smash, warbreaker or execute outside of battle cry. Inside battle cry you try to get 2-3 stacks of FR and squeeze in a mortal strike.

About your gear: the very low mastery is not going to help you for sure, don't hesitate to drop ilvl if you find pieces with mastery. Your best bet to determine if a piece is an upgrade is to simcraft your character and import stat weights into an addon like pawn. Do mind that you'll have to do this fairly often as weights change with every piece of gear you swap (you can be sure that 1 point of mastery are always going to be worth at least 1.3 points of strength, even more of crit).
    One of your trinkets is for tanks; try to replace it with a non-crit stat stick from a wq.
    I get that you'll replace this gear quite soon (hopefully) but a set of cheap mastery enchants (WoD ones for cloak/neck are fine for low gear) and gems would help, it's an extra 675 points of mastery (~2%) for a low expense.

If you need to, definitely drop ilvl, if it means a mastery increase.

In bag i can go upto 873 but i stay at 869 for the mastery increase. After significant testing on training dummy i can do more DPS using 869.

The system is broken imo and the RNG on actually getting mastery gear is becoming a frustrating joke.

Deleted
    Okay, thanks. Finding good Mastery gear is a pain in the ass since every time something rops I'm like "WHOA! Look! Higher iLvl, lots of green stats and... ah crap, lower Mastery..."

So anyway, what's a good Mastery percentage to aim for? At what point can one say Mastery is no longer too low?

Deleted
    Normally you can replace most of your gear with BoE+Obliterum gear with high master or mastery/haste
    Aditionally you should go a lot more mythic+.

Deleted
    So I just got a belt that increases my mastery and versatility but decreases strength, crit, iLvl and haste.
    At this moment my mastery is about 65%.
    Should I still equip it? I mean I get it that mastery is important, but it buffs it for +350 and versatility for about +600, but decreases haste and crit by both -600... that doesn't seem reasonable right?

What ilvl is the belt you're coming from and what is the ilvl of the belt you're going to (particularly, how much mastery are you gaining and how much strength will you lose)? Keep in mind that as of right now, mastery is so important that for most people, it's as good, if not better, than strength. Everything else takes a back seat to these two stats for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    What ilvl is the belt you're coming from and what is the ilvl of the belt you're going to (particularly, how much mastery are you gaining and how much strength will you lose)? Keep in mind that as of right now, mastery is so important that for most people, it's as good, if not better, than strength. Everything else takes a back seat to these two stats for you.
    Well, the current waist has these stats:
    Str: 973
    Crit: 385
    Haste: 594
    Vers: 0
    Mastery: 0
    iLvl: 850

New one:
    Str: 929
    Crit: 0
    Haste: 0
    Vers: 604