Relics for Ret Question

I just got 2 new Relics tonight off of Heroic Odyn, Both are 875 item level Holy socket and each give a bonus +2% additional damage for Templars Verdict. The question is I currently have a 885 Holy relic +5% dmg Divine Storm and a 880 Holy relic +6% crit for crusader strike.
    Should I replace either of these relics 885 / 880 with either of the 2 new 875 holy relics or just leave things as is for the moment ??? any advice at all would be helpful, and yea I need a better trinket .................... lol
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mhalix/simple

Sim with all the relics and find out

Keep in mind the weapon damage you lose will also bring tvs damage down, so is that 2% worth it? I'm willing to bet not. Not to mention all of your other attacks you lose damage on. Generally you should go with ilvl if the trait is a damage increasing one. The only exception is crusade duration ones because they are valued SO much higher.

Divine storm relics are actually really good. It gets a lot of use in 95% of raid encounters, not to mention mythic+.
    From a mythic perspective, guarm is the only fight you would never use DS, and even then, I doubt the weapon ilvl loss is worth the extra 2% tv damage.

I have done no math but I'm rather convinced you would lose damage if you changed your relics.

Saying "sim it" is not worth posting and it's what happens almost every time there is a post like this. There are no patchwerk fights and it will not give you accurate results.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2016-11-28 at 06:55 AM.

This chart, made available through the awesome folks on Hammer of Wrath discord, shows the relative ilvl strength of the various traits. This is single target however, if you're looking for optimal dungeon trinkets I don't know of any research into this.
    https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...0RU-AEdJqfUeKk

So the questions is, what are you mainly looking to spec for? Single target or AOE?

I think i'd probably just stick with the higher ilvl ones. You may get a tiny tiny improvement to single target but the amount would be so minor you'll probably not notice. You'll probably be better served by keeping what you have for a bit better of AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Keep in mind the weapon damage you lose will also bring tvs damage down, so is that 2% worth it? I'm willing to bet not. Not to mention all of your other attacks you lose damage on. Generally you should go with ilvl if the trait is a damage increasing one. The only exception is crusade duration ones because they are valued SO much higher.

Divine storm relics are actually really good. It gets a lot of use in 95% of raid encounters, not to mention mythic+.
    From a mythic perspective, guarm is the only fight you would never use DS, and even then, I doubt the weapon ilvl loss is worth the extra 2% tv damage.

I have done no math but I'm rather convinced you would lose damage if you changed your relics.

Saying "sim it" is not worth posting and it's what happens almost every time there is a post like this. There are no patchwerk fights and it will not give you accurate results.
    Amazing feelycraft. I especially like where you pointed out you did no math.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    This chart, made available through the awesome folks on Hammer of Wrath discord, shows the relative ilvl strength of the various traits. This is single target however, if you're looking for optimal dungeon trinkets I don't know of any research into this.
    https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...0RU-AEdJqfUeKk

So the questions is, what are you mainly looking to spec for? Single target or AOE?

I think i'd probably just stick with the higher ilvl ones. You may get a tiny tiny improvement to single target but the amount would be so minor you'll probably not notice. You'll probably be better served by keeping what you have for a bit better of AOE.
    Interesting I've been wondering about this as well, mostly been using the highest ilvl I can find but I know I have 2 generally bad ones that don't have DPS gains on their effect. So now I can compare them better, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    Amazing feelycraft. I especially like where you pointed out you did no math.
    You don't need to do the math when it's obvious, for all the reasons I stated before.

Yea after playing musical relics and running sim's with both single target, and Ursoc style sims it doesn't really seem worth it, This is what I came up with anyhow
    Ashbringer itm level 911 Relics 885 / 895 / 880 ST DPS 403,926 Ursoc DPS 412,341 Relics +5% dmg DS / +8% dmg Judgement / +6% Crit CS
    Ashbringer itm level 910 Relics 885 / 895 / 875 ST DPS 404,247 Ursoc DPS 412,880 Relics +5% dmg DS / +8% dmg Judgement / +2% dmg TV
    Ashbringer itm level 908 Relics 875 / 895 / 875 ST DPS 405,472 Ursoc DPS 414,462 Relics +2% dmg TV / +8% dmg Judgement / +2% dmg TV

The damage % gain is like under half of 1% overall with perfect rotation so isn't really worth changing them, Thanks for the input guys