Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    That's because people don't have time to waste on cooking anymore, and our lifestyle choices have to adapt to it.
    How can people not have time to cook anymore? I work 60 hours a week and I can cook a healthy meal within 30 minutes.

I think people don''t cook because they are lazy and some might not even know how anymore.

To be honest, I think cooking is just fine as it is. I'd just love to see something that does the slicing, dicing and peeling for me. I'm too lazy for that.

Also I'm sticking to my gas stove. With knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    To be honest, I think cooking is just fine as it is. I'd just love to see something that does the slicing, dicing and peeling for me. I'm too lazy for that.

Also I'm sticking to my gas stove. With knobs.
    The peeling is still a problem, but aren't you just describing a food processor? Or a Slap Chop?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "Smart enough" meaning they can now be hacked and used to mount cyber attacks.
    I willing to take that chance. You know, the number of times i've been "hacked" is low enough that it doesn't really represent a credible threat to my way of life.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    How can people not have time to cook anymore? I work 60 hours a week and I can cook a healthy meal within 30 minutes.

I think people don''t cook because they are lazy and some might not even know how anymore.
    Well some people value their time/ don't like eating alone, at least that's why I don't cook more.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The peeling is still a problem, but aren't you just describing a food processor? Or a Slap Chop?
    Well, yes, except I need one that bundles all that with the peeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I want is a super food that has all the necessary nutrients needed, that tastes good, and you only have to eat once a day. Kind of like a pill or something. Have some for Weight gain, weight loss, muscle building etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in where we get our food from and the cost. As it is most of the food grown in farms is harvested by a machine. A machine driven by a human, but a machine. So if we were to say, give this machines self driving technology then almost no human labor goes into growing food. So how much does food cost at this point?

Then you have the ability to grow meat. We'll do it, and you'll want it. Better than pink slime from McDonalds. Eventually it'll be cheaper than killing animals, and much more sanitary. I'm on board for this, but a lot of people still want to taste the blood of animal screams in slaughter houses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there's been an evolution in the American habit of cramming food into other food technology. I find it interesting that both Sonic and Dairy Queen have almost simultaneously introduced their flavor core foods:
    http://www.chewboom.com/2016/08/22/s...lavor-funnels/
    http://www.chewboom.com/2016/04/21/d...at-fills-void/

But that's proooooobably not the technology you meant

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    There are those cool hydroponic farm-closets. Those would be amazing. I'd just have a cupboard eternally filled with strawberries
    You can do that right now, today. It is your power bill lol. You will end up like those bitcoin miners who got pinged by the cops investigating weed growing.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Only thing I want is a super food that has all the necessary nutrients needed, that tastes good, and you only have to eat once a day. Kind of like a pill or something. Have some for Weight gain, weight loss, muscle building etc.
    So much this. My job makes it REALLY hard to a) eat on a regular schedule, b) eat at all some days, c) eat healthy when working. If I could have a total food replacement system for five days of healthy "meals" contained in something the size of an advil bottle I would be ecstatic.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

After visiting Dalaran today:

Maybe all Nomi needs is knobs on his stove.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    refrigerators that are getting smart enough to tell you when you are low on certain items I think we will move to a point where our kitchens will just keep themselves stocked via ordering online to local super markets and having said items delivered or picked up by yourself. smarter oven and microwave technology would be nice (not sure how much better you can make a microwave honestly) via being able to detect what your cooking and do a better job of cooking it autonomously
    This most likely. There will probably also be a food pill available within 15 years that has all the nutrients of a normal meal. For those on the go or no time to eat. Technology also gave us this:

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

For most its about wanting to do something other then cooking with their time. I don't enjoy cooking as much as I do other things, so I pay ppl to cook for me instead. Also, ppl who cook for a living may not want to use their off time cooking after cooking all day.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see too much innovation in the kitchen in the short term. Most food innovation will be in the form production. Cheaper, more efficient, larger scale, and environmental friendly. Lab grown meat is what I expect to be the next big innovation.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)