WoW Management Team - The final nail...

The Kirin Tor thing did it for me. I have completely lost faith in the team working on WoW.

Having worked with SW management the past 10 years myself, I also expect this not to be the developers fault. Nor is it likely their QA staff.
    The ones to blame are the game directors, or whoever else makes to call that something is "good enough". In the current state, the WoW team just does not compare to a software service used by millions of paying customers (I choose to believe their subscriber counts).

It is beyond sloppy to let these things live. Whoever is in charge need to think hard on what they are currently doing to the perception of quality in the player base. For the majority of the players "mythic tuning" is not how they gauge quality. On the other hand, little quirks in the core gameplay will affect everyone.
    For every player that went to forums to ask if they missed something regarding how to get 4 Kirin Tor quests there is likely another 9 that felt stupid and blocked, and eventually just silently gave up.
    The WQ system by-design is almost certainly meant to give some random flow to casual endgame. Give you something to do when you log in, and designed so that you do not need to log in every day, but can binge every other day if that is how you like to play.
    When they let such code changes live without actually having tested them it makes me wonder. Are they deliberately not testing? are they just ignoring test results? are they terrible at their branch management? or is there some other explanation?
    I can understand that internal QA might miss things like standing on a root somewhere on a specific small/large mount and jumping backwards may lead to unintentional collision (or falling through the world). But I cannot believe that the task of "put the Kirin Tor Emissary quest" back on live is not coupled with a test case along the lines of "complete Kirin Tor Emissary quest". If they have gone through that test case, they would have noticed that it was not possible to complete it and someone should have flagged that to the GD or whoever is in charge...

Blizzard have 12 years of legacy with this game. That also means they have to live up to a certain standard and cannot just "start-up" their way through.

Of all the game breaking bugs that have occurred in twelve years, one relatively innocuous bug with daily World Quests causes you to quit.

Sure. Okay, pal. See ya in 7.1.5.

15+ Year Old Account
    @aziras

In order to fix the entire world quest system so it gives the proper amount of quests when Kirin Tor is up while at the same time offering the Kirin Tor emmissary less often a full patch is necessary. So the fix in place is a hotfix because they don't want to push a full client patch before 7.1.5.

Being in the software industry you of all people could understand this. Especially since it's not game breaking or a stop bug in any way.

Btw the OS you're using right now probably has close to 50k documented bugs yet it went live.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    Blizzard have 12 years of legacy with this game.
    You answered it all by yourself. 12 years of legacy code. Surely something will go wrong everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Of all the game breaking bugs that have occurred in twelve years, one relatively innocuous bug with daily World Quests causes you to quit.

Sure. Okay, pal. See ya in 7.1.5.
    Stop taking people for granted. They actually leave and don't come back. If it's the case, you should also stop projecting how you deal with the game.

If you can't leave for whatever reason then that's your problem. Just don't expect others to behave like you. it's rather insulting

Seemed they forgot to re-enter the puzzle and mount quests when they enabled the new one and changed Arcway to KT.

Tbh we were recompensed today with getting the chest w/o doing the quests. (I couldn't be asked to do them either).

One embassy quest missed wouldn't be rageworthy for me though.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...16564110860288

We've just applied a hotfix that allows you to turn in the Kirin Tor Emissary Quest as long as you've completed 1 Kirin Tor World Quest.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Stop taking people for granted. They actually leave and don't come back. If it's the case, you should also stop projecting how you deal with the game.

If you can't leave for whatever reason then that's your problem. Just don't expect others to behave like you. it's rather insulting
    1) Not an issue of "can't leave for whatever reason..." when we're having a blast and don't want to leave.
    2) Others are free to leave whenever they like. I took a 3 year break myself. Did not spend any of those 3 years hanging out in WoW forums making posts about it. I was too busy having fun with other pastimes.
    3) SO many people posting about some very minor issue that caused them to quit... and yet they're still here talking about quitting two months later.

So yeah, we roll our eyes. Quit or don't quit. No need to tell us all that your breaking point was a bug on a daily quest that Blizz fixed within 24 hours.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Kirin Tor thing did it for me. I have completely lost faith in the team working on WoW.

Having worked with SW management the past 10 years myself, I also expect this not to be the developers fault. Nor is it likely their QA staff.
    The ones to blame are the game directors, or whoever else makes to call that something is "good enough". In the current state, the WoW team just does not compare to a software service used by millions of paying customers (I choose to believe their subscriber counts).

It is beyond sloppy to let these things live. Whoever is in charge need to think hard on what they are currently doing to the perception of quality in the player base. For the majority of the players "mythic tuning" is not how they gauge quality. On the other hand, little quirks in the core gameplay will affect everyone.
    For every player that went to forums to ask if they missed something regarding how to get 4 Kirin Tor quests there is likely another 9 that felt stupid and blocked, and eventually just silently gave up.
    The WQ system by-design is almost certainly meant to give some random flow to casual endgame. Give you something to do when you log in, and designed so that you do not need to log in every day, but can binge every other day if that is how you like to play.
    When they let such code changes live without actually having tested them it makes me wonder. Are they deliberately not testing? are they just ignoring test results? are they terrible at their branch management? or is there some other explanation?
    I can understand that internal QA might miss things like standing on a root somewhere on a specific small/large mount and jumping backwards may lead to unintentional collision (or falling through the world). But I cannot believe that the task of "put the Kirin Tor Emissary quest" back on live is not coupled with a test case along the lines of "complete Kirin Tor Emissary quest". If they have gone through that test case, they would have noticed that it was not possible to complete it and someone should have flagged that to the GD or whoever is in charge...

Blizzard have 12 years of legacy with this game. That also means they have to live up to a certain standard and cannot just "start-up" their way through.
    so they had some kind of bug in code or really unlucky rng and since they find a very simple fix you find it .... bad ? jezus you must suck at managing if you dont look for simplest solutions for non-problem situations. i highly doubt you manage anything more then french fries in fast food joint if you have no clue how many stupid problems one has to manage everyday as manager. always look for simpelst solution for unimportant problems else you will drown in work .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-11-28 at 08:40 AM.

And this is one of the reasons people keep leaving these glorified "I quit" threads because people like you enable them. We don't give a shit if they quit or stay, but to come here and rant on the forums about it because of something that trivial? Come on now.

I'm not taking anybody for granted. I just don't particularly care nor believe that the OP is actually quitting. There are plenty of really good reasons to quit this game and there certainly have been plenty of actual legitimately awful game breaking bugs over the last twelve years (WoD launch says hi), this seems fairly inconsequential by comparison. But if it's the straw that broke the camel's back, that's fine. I just don't see why I'm supposed to care more about this issue just because "I'm quitting."

That's just me, though. Maybe I'm just an asshole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drama queen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...16564110860288

We've just applied a hotfix that allows you to turn in the Kirin Tor Emissary Quest as long as you've completed 1 Kirin Tor World Quest.
    Funny none of my 5 110's had done any of the KT this weekend and when the hotfix came in all 5 of my 110's got auto completed and I was able to turn it in in Dalaran. I didn't except Blizzard to fix it this Holiday weekend ...most times they let stuff like this roll off and say sorry....but yeah none of my 110's even touched those WQ after I seen some of posts on the forums and did go check out one and with amount of mobs you had to get by too get too it ..said nope not worth it for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    1)
    So yeah, we roll our eyes. Quit or don't quit. No need to tell us all that your breaking point was a bug on a daily quest that Blizz fixed within 24 hours.
    It was broken on the EU realms since Saturday, and we never got any acknowledgement of the issue.

Deleted

I don't think you have worked a day in your life. Damn, if one tiny bugged quest causes you to act like this, what do you do in your life when things don't go your way? You always throw a hissy fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    I don't think you have worked a day in your life. Damn, if one tiny bugged quest causes you to act like this, what do you do in your life when things don't go your way? You always throw a hissy fit?
    He probably whines about it over at /r/Outside.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinehammer View Post
    It was broken on the EU realms since Saturday, and we never got any acknowledgement of the issue.
    The bug was discovered on Saturday - the day the quest came out - and fixed on Sunday. Within 24 hours. They did not send out a memo that I've seen, but did auto complete the quest for every 110 player in the game, apparently, or at least every player eligible for world quests. All you have to do is log in and turn in. Would it have been even more pro if they never made the mistake to begin with? Sure, but hardly seems like grounds for a rage-quit.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of threads to discuss similar points, and we don't allow "I quit" threads here.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)