Thread: Thief's Bargain

Thief's Bargain

Hello friends, just wanted to see if anyone shared the same idea as me or thought it would be a good idea to post on official forums.

So as far as I know, Phantom Assassin is the only talent to take in the bottom tier of PVP talents. Ive taken shadowy duel on occasion for niche occasions when an enemy team only has one healer in a BG but other than that PA is the only talent I run.

I really like the idea of Thief's Bargain but the damage isn't consistent with the hit to your stamina. I'm currently 874 and with TB enabled I have 1.6m health..which any half decent player will see and say "oh wow I can kill him in two globals" lol

I think what would make this talent more viable is if they got rid or nerfed the vanish cooldown and buffed Eviscerates damage to the point where it will hit around 600k with finality. Now I know some of you are thinking "Oh god no thats insane, too much" but hear me out.

A sub rogue has quite a few tools at his disposal to escape damage and control his opponent but you also have to keep in mind that any competent player will know how to counteract that, to me, when running thiefs bargain I feel that if i'm going to be running around as a theoretical "glass cannon" then I should be doing more damage instead of seeing 300k evis's once every blue moon with finality.

As a lover of all things rogue, it makes me sad to see that some talents are just clearly better than others and I just wanted to share my opinion on how to make just ONE better. I'd love to hear what other rogues think of the talent and whether or not it should stay the same or get changed, thanks!

I generally take TB in battlegrounds, 2v2, world pvp and duelling. PA for 3v3. I started using veil of midnight with TB and it does help survivability, and obviously the 10% health talent helps too. The vanish cooldown is a huge part of the spec and the main reason I enjoy sub in pvp since it has that glass cannon feel that reminds me of season 5 assassination.

I think all they need to do is change the health reduction to -10% and up the damage bonus to 25-30% and it's fine. It makes no sense to me that extremely tanky specs like frost DK have considerably more burst than a TB sub rogue. TB should be a high risk high reward spec.