Buying new mouse, need advice

I did what I could to avoid Razer at all costs, but despite my efforts I ended up narrowing it down to two choices from them after looking around and comparing different things. (Style, size, hand-grip style, and cost)

Ended up looking at the massively mainstream DeathAdder because of it's good reviews and massive sales, but I don't know if I should buy the Chroma or Essential version.
    My concerns are that there would be a drastic quality difference over all between the two, and that I'd end up regretting it if I bought an Essential. Anyone here who's owned either / both to give some input?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have owned both.

The Essential, a renamed 2013 Edition, was just replaced a few months ago by a Chroma. The 2013 lasted two years of some serious hard core gaming. I liked it so much that I bought the Chroma as a replacement when the 2013 died. The main differences are as follows:

6,400 DPI vs 10,000 DPI (This won't matter a bit unless you're a championship CS:GO player.)
    Green Lighting vs any lighting (How you value that is entirely up to you.)

$39.99 vs $47.99 on newegg.

I'm hesitant to say that there were some quality control issues reported with the 2013 edition. Specifically "double clicking" after only a month or two. Not sure how much stock I put in that as it's trendy to hate on Razer. Those issues seem to be reported with much less frequency with the Chroma. If you've done your research then you already know about it. Razer also stated that they upgraded the mechanism with chroma but I can't tell any difference.

Finally, let me state that the Deathadder, both of them, are the most comfortable mouses I've ever used. It's sold as an ergonomic mouse and for good reason. It fits my hand flawlessly. Once you've used one you'll never want to use anything else. IMO mice are one of the few things where form is just as important as function. Hell, you might even say that form is part of the function.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I'm going to throw my honest two cents in this because I used to use a Razer Deathadder I got the double clicking issue after about a year I do use my mouse and game alot but that just seems weak for a "Quality product" when I see logitech mice from 5+ years ago in still perfect working order.

I am now using a G502 which I bloody love so far, the switch between mice was seamless, one thing bugged me tho I kept hitting the DPI change button by accident for my first week or so of using it something I got over. Another slight issue I have with it is if you keep your scroll wheel locked (not in free spin) it's pretty loud, that may or may not be an issue for some people.

It's honestly up to you, the whole razer mice dying after about a year is a thing that happens but yaknow if you really like their mice then just a thing you have to deal with. Not bashing on the mouse itself I used it and I really liked the deathadder I just can't get over my mice dying so quickly.