Deleted

Resto Looking for Improvement

Hi guys,
    I've started playing again since the new expansion and after some long trial of error i'm starting to get a grasp of the class. My main issue at the moment is how many rejuv should i have up at the same time while preparing for a damage spike: there's a rule of thumb or something like that? Is the pandemic mechanic worth to apply on a target that's not a tank? Another thing that bothers me is the efflorescence: as i read around the internet is mana efficient only if there are 3 or more ppl inside for more than the 50% of the duration so i got into the habit to use it on cd in some fight like il'gynoth and almost never in fight like Ursoc/Guarm. I'm doing something wrong here? Should i try to sqeeze it in some roughly spread fight like Nythendra/Odin? Should i use it more freely still minding my mana? How many Wild Growth should i cast on average on a fight?
    Beside that i'm very well aware of my low uptime of Lifebloom/CW and that i'm not squeezing in each Essence/Flourish that i should cast.

Quote Originally Posted by MomoMedic View Post
    My main issue at the moment is how many rejuv should i have up at the same time while preparing for a damage spike: there's a rule of thumb or something like that?
    The more the merrier. The number you actually manage will depend on your artifact traits, what legendaries you have, etc.

Is the pandemic mechanic worth to apply on a target that's not a tank?
    It's worth being aware of, but it's rarely worth caring about. The only time you can really do anything useful with the mechanic is causing Lifebloom to bloom early.

Another thing that bothers me is the efflorescence: as i read around the internet is mana efficient only if there are 3 or more ppl inside for more than the 50% of the duration so i got into the habit to use it on cd in some fight like il'gynoth and almost never in fight like Ursoc/Guarm. I'm doing something wrong here? Should i try to sqeeze it in some roughly spread fight like Nythendra/Odin?
    Your overall approach is sound - the spell is rather situational and not very useful on some fights/phases. I personally find that it's well worth casting on Guarm, but it might not be if you have very few melee. For Odyn, I use it on the melee group in phase one, not at all in phase two, and then after the raid moves in phase three. Basically any time the boss isn't moving around more often than every 20-30 seconds.

How many Wild Growth should i cast on average on a fight?
    Very, very many. It's hard to give a number as it depends on the fight, but pretty much any time Wild Growth won't be wasted on overhealing, you want to cast it. It's both the best HPS and the most mana efficient spell you have (not counting Tranquility) and it also has excellent synergy with pretty much everything. Just keep in mind that the initial heal from the artifact trait is quite strong, so never pre-HoT with Wild Growth (but do pre-cast when you can).

You can also use WG to reach people who are out of range by "bouncing" WG off another target. Useful when you're stuck out of range of most of the raid, like with Odyn's runes.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    learn fight mechanics, pre hot people who will take damage.

always keep rejeuv/lifebloom/regrowth on tanks. enjoy top of healing meter and an easy life.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
    Another little thing that bothers me: is worth to use sunfire/moonfire while you can dps in raid or it's just a waste of mana and it's better to stay only on solar wrath?