Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Don't worry, the usual pug dps instead of attacking the same mob as the tank (which was the common custom in vanilla when aggro generation was poor and mostly single target sunder) will just aoe the shit out of the mobs get aggro on 3 simultaneously and whine "omg l2tank aggroooo!!!"
    I get aggro by simply cleaving Ignite and by proccing Arans Ruby in my high mastery gear. Am i bad player, or a tank can't properly cleave with heart strike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I get aggro by simply cleaving Ignite and by proccing Arans Ruby in my high mastery gear. Am i bad player, or a tank can't properly cleave with heart strike?
    Did you wait a few seconds before starting to attack? If you did, the tank is bad. If you didn't, you're bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Did you wait a few seconds before starting to attack? If you did, the tank is bad. If you didn't, you're bad
    Usually i start a fight using slimes, checking my current pet, using some toys and then do damage in my mythic+ runs, so, yeah, usually i do give plenty of time to tank to get aggro. But when i pop up bursts (without using flame strike i must add) i get aggro from living bomb, ignite and trinket proc damage. Every single time. When i'm not with our guild tanks and with pug tanks instead. Weird coincidence.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually i start a fight using slimes, checking my current pet, using some toys and then do damage in my mythic+ runs, so, yeah, usually i do give plenty of time to tank to get aggro. But when i pop up bursts (without using flame strike i must add) i get aggro from living bomb, ignite and trinket proc damage. Every single time. When i'm not with our guild tanks and with pug tanks instead. Weird coincidence.
    It's almost like randoms are bad or something

Am i bad player, or a tank can't properly cleave with heart strike?
    Welcome to skittish where aggro doesn't work the way you think.

Yeah most dps nowadays live by the premise "if the tank is not afk the aggro will stick to him". That works under ordinary circumstances. Spamming heart strike in normal scenario will keep all mobs on the tank, in the skittish scenario it's not enough. There is a threat decay and threat drop mechanics involved.

Idk if a Druid tank for instance could hold threat on that no matter how long you waited. Fire is so multiplicative for aoe

- - - Updated - - -

Btw still would like a link to something official with details about how skittish works because everyone posts something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah most dps nowadays live by the premise "if the tank is not afk the aggro will stick to him". That works under ordinary circumstances. Spamming heart strike in normal scenario will keep all mobs on the tank, in the skittish scenario it's not enough. There is a threat decay and threat drop mechanics involved.
    You just do way less threat, that's all there is too it. I have very few problems with Skittish personally while in a guild group because they know to take it slow for a few seconds so I can get a decent amount of threat (and even if they do pull aggro, I have a taunt). 5 or so seconds headstart should be plenty for trash packs, and if the dps are still pulling aggro from you, either you're slacking or undergeared, or they're overperforming massively

10+ Year Old Account

I do understand how aggro works, but DDs blaming tanks for not holding aggro, healers blaming DDs/tanks for getting/notholding aggro and tanks blaming everyone for not waiting with healing/damage dealing ends up with burned out key.
    It's one of affixes that requires teamwork, which is lacking in pugs. So... go figure. I personally have no problems with affix even when i go balls-deep on every pack of mobs with our guild tank, because he is aware of me doing that and knows how to use threat plates to see which mob is going to fuck off and kill some fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Idk if a Druid tank for instance could hold threat on that no matter how long you waited. Fire is so multiplicative for aoe

- - - Updated - - -

Btw still would like a link to something official with details about how skittish works because everyone posts something different.
    There's been no official post about how it works. But it basically seems to be that you just do ~1/3rd of the threat you normally do as a tank

I do understand how aggro works, but DDs blaming tanks for not holding aggro, healers blaming DDs/tanks for getting/notholding aggro and tanks blaming everyone for not waiting with healing/damage dealing ends up with burned out key.
    It's one of affixes that requires teamwork, which is lacking in pugs. So... go figure. I personally have no problems with affix even when i go balls-deep on every pack of mobs with our guild tank, because he is aware of me doing that and knows how to use threat plates to see which mob is going to fuck off and kill some fools.
    Hear hear! Best comment on this thread so far. I was just reading the other responses and thinking how happy I am to have guild team where we work together rather than argue about whose fault it is.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... you've already had this set of affixes. It's on a rotation. I guess you didn't do M+ in week two so didn't see this the first time around to whine about it then?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I don't know how Skittish works officially, but I know how it plays out for me in practice. I have to work a little harder on generating threat, and tab through a trash pack to spread my threat around and keep an eye out for mobs not looking back at me. I use my taunt both to grab mobs back and to boost my threat generation for a few seconds.

What helps is the head-start plus having DPS either AoE or change targets occasionally if they must use single target attacks. MD and Tricks always welcome. Stay alert and be prepared to use defensives.

Bosses are the easy part. You always see who they're targeting anyway, so even if they do look away you can grab them back immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats such noobie bullshit. Skittish affects everyone and especially dps. It doesn't matter what the tank or healer does but when that DH unloads everything the second the tank lightly tags mob 1 hes killed himself. This isn't a "y u no taunt" or "y I get no healz?" situation. It's a dps not adapting to the affix.

They can't simply *do what they are gonna do*
    I'm confused here. Are you saying in your example when the DH does that on pull and pulls aggro? Cuz that has nothing to do with skittish, that's going to be the case with any affix. Get back under your bridge, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The tank does reduced threat with his abilities. Simple as that, and no, there's nothing else, no aggro reset, no aggro decay, nothing.

It's not actually that bad at all with ranged. Melee kind of get 1 shotted for messing up their threat but ranged are fine

Sadly the linear buffing often means an ability that lets you to react in 2 seconds to not die, on some +x either requires you to have tons of stamina current gear doesn't provide yet or having flat out immunites or abilities to insta break them.
    This is an issue that they'll need to tackle at some point. As tank gear improves, incoming physical damage is reduced by things like armor, higher dodge/parry/mastery, and so on. This will be made even more obvious once tanks start getting their armor improvement secondary artifact traits. On the other hand, spell damage receives no such reduction. Basically nothing reduces it that isn't available to a fresh 110.

This is a long term issue, but it's already obvious even now. Bosses with high spell damage output are much harder than everything else. I suspect this is easily solvable by adding a "hidden" scaling factor to spell damage that makes it scale a little bit more slowly than physical damage. If they don't do something like this, then I think we can expect anything past +15 to be extremely dicey even with Nighthold gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Go slow on the high difficulties. Don't bother trying to get 2 or 3 chests.
    Pretty much this. My group did our realm first +15 during skittish / bolstering / fortified week. The way to handle this affix is to NOT go totally ham. Take a measured pace throughout the whole dungeon.

DPS need to understand that sometimes less is more, and be patient. Adapting to the affix and succeeding is more important than damage meters. Tanks have to be smart, use all the tools at their disposal, and react quickly (even preemptively if they are monitoring threat correctly).

Killing every trash pack safely is ultimately faster than having deaths or full wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    The tank does reduced threat with his abilities. Simple as that, and no, there's nothing else, no aggro reset, no aggro decay, nothing.
    I doubt that very much.

Completed three +9s within the timer tonight, but we kept 2-chesting rather than 3-chesting, generating +11 keys when what we want is a +12. With 35 ranks in artifact and 6255 armor, I (880 prot pally) am not taking much damage at all. I usually spec Last Defender for M+ as it is both DPS and survivability buff that scales with size of the pull. Teeming + Last Defender = big buffs. But I am starting to think I should try full-on Seraphim build this week. 400k+ DPS from tank should help over-ride Skittish and help burn through fortified adds much faster.

What are the pro tanks doing this week? That we plebs can learn from?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I doubt that very much.
    You're free to doubt if you so choose, but Piwielle is correct. There have been other threads spreading misinformation about skittish. There is nothing random about it.