Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    If you leave someone in a depressive state long enough and then offer them a peaceful exit they are always going to go with suicide in the long run. This seems like a case of someone requiring special care and not receiving it.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's an extensive screening before anybody is even allowed to do this. Get off your high horse, it was his choice in the end.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    21 trips to rehab.
    You, like most posters here, clearly have no idea how the process works.
    Yeah I'm sure that the rehab in that part of the world is really well-maintained and effective considering that there is a lethal injection room next door.

Cyanide is cheaper than expertise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that the rehab in that part of the world is really well-maintained and effective considering that there is a lethal injection room next door.

Cyanide is cheaper than expertise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because rehab in America is any better?

I don't understand why people would care if I wanted to be euthanized. (Outside of my friends and family) .. why are people against this exactly?

Its the same argument with abortion. Even if banned people will still get abortions or kill themselves. Wouldn't you rather this be regulated and done in a much better manner?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    21 stints in rehab. If you can't quit something like alcohol you're about the most mentally weak fucker I know.
    Man, you're so edgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Man, you're so edgy.
    THANK YOU, for being so motherfucking original.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    YOU shouldn't have a say in what people do in their lives. I don't care how you feel about it. Obviously, laws to protect grandchildren from killing you will come with euthanasia laws.
    ...Why?

No, seriously. If you're going to be that sanctimonious, there must be some code of morality to which you're appealing. Go ahead, I'll wait.

OT: Laws are made for the good of humankind. While this usually takes the form of protecting people from others, it also, at times, must protect people from themselves. This is because law is based on ethics, not simple social-contract. Demonstration: We not only house the insane, depraved, etc., but take steps to rehabilitate them where possible and to make their lives better.

Good isn't simply the absence of harming others; that's only the bare minimum. (Not to mention, posts like these take for granted that killing oneself is not a moral evil per se. To which authority are you appealing to make such a bold pronouncement on that issue?)
    Last edited by Pawstruck; 2016-12-04 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Because rehab in America is any better?
    Right. America has a long way to go in anything that isn't economic or military-related but euthanasia is arguably a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't understand why people would care if I wanted to be euthanized. (Outside of my friends and family) .. why are people against this exactly?

Its the same argument with abortion. Even if banned people will still get abortions or kill themselves. Wouldn't you rather this be regulated and done in a much better manner?
    The assisted suicide of an adult is not the same as an abortion at all. An unborn baby hasn't had decades of resources poured into it and hasn't gone through experiences that might benefit others.

The point is that they aren't in a state of mind to make this sort of decision - addicts can get better and the ones who do tend to admit that desiring death was pretty stupid in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    ...Why?

No, seriously. If you're going to be that sanctimonious, there must be some code of morality to which you're appealing. Go ahead, I'll wait.

OT: Laws are made for the good of humankind. While this usually takes the form of protecting people from others, it also, at times, must protect people from themselves. This is because law is based on ethics, not simple social-contract. Demonstration: We not only house the insane, depraved, etc., but take steps to rehabilitate them where possible and to make their lives better.

Good isn't simply the absence of harming others; that's only the bare minimum. (Not to mention, posts like these take for granted that killing oneself is not a moral evil per se. To which authority are you appealing to make such a bold pronouncement on that issue?)
    Why do I have to appeal to any authority? Its wrong of you to impose your shitty feel good morals on my life. If I'm about to lose my mind from Alzheimers, I'd much rather be euthanized than sit around being an emotional and financial burden. Shit, at that point I'd rather just drown myself. Thats a much better way to go I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Right. America has a long way to go in anything that isn't economic or military-related but euthanasia is arguably a step backwards.

The assisted suicide of an adult is not the same as an abortion at all. An unborn baby hasn't had decades of resources poured into it and hasn't gone through experiences that might benefit others.

The point is that they aren't in a state of mind to make this sort of decision - addicts can get better and the ones who do tend to admit that desiring death was pretty stupid in the first place.
    Oh, so I guess my life is just benefiting you? Thats my existence?

You're also moving goalposts. Reread my post, my comparison works, in that people will find ways to kill themselves whether its legal or not, exactly like abortion.

Better than the alternative. Had an uncle die to a failing liver due to alcoholism a couple of years ago. He fought it for a few years, it was hell on him and the family. Towards the end they had to cut off his leg because of infection, his skin was turning green and slimy and falling off and all kinds of horrible shit. He wanted to keep fighting but if you're in that kind of position and would rather just let it all go I think that choice should be up to the individual

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his decision. Regardless of what you think it doesn't change the fact its his life and not yours. You can encourage people like that to try and get help but you can never force it, doing so would likely just expedite the suicide. It shouldn't be illegal to kill yourself and it shouldn't be illegal for someone to assist.

Deleted
    So, anyone who is saying euthanasia is bad, would you rather have heard in the news that his kids were traumatised because their dad hanged himself in the attic? Or found him in bed having overdosed on paracetamol?

Quote Originally Posted by CanerisHarker View Post
    So, anyone who is saying euthanasia is bad, would you rather have heard in the news that his kids were traumatised because their dad hanged himself in the attic? Or found him in bed having overdosed on paracetamol?
    How many times have you seen prolifers care about the quality of other peoples lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How many times have you seen prolifers care about the quality of other peoples lives?
    Not. That's why the quality of life should be taken into the equation. Keeping someone alive at all costs, while good in theory, sometimes is just bad practice. If you end up in a irreversible coma, it's better to pull the plug, how harsh it may sound.

This all reminds me of the debate going on around Prince Friso (RIP)

I say that I am all for what he did. It was his choice and that's it.

To be honest I'm sure I would use that service for even less of an issue than what he was going through, but that's just me.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    If all people with problems and low quality of life did this healthcare would be so much cheaper

Deleted
    It's not that easy to get euthenesia in my country. It's not " I feel ill / I cannot cope with life anymore plz end my life "

I'm tired of these stupid posts and newsfacts that do not tell the whole story. I still spit on Rick Santorum and peoples idiotic thoughts about euthenesia. For gods sake go read upon euthenesia and our laws, it's not that f****** easy to get your life ended. He could also jump in front of a train or electrocute himself, but he was SANE enough to choose this way.

Only took me 5 sec to copy this here...

The law allows medical review board to suspend prosecution of doctors who performed euthanasia when each of the following conditions are fulfilled:

the patient's suffering is unbearable with no prospect of improvement
    the patient's request for euthanasia must be voluntary and persist over time (the request cannot be granted when under the influence of others, psychological illness or drugs)
    the patient must be fully aware of his/her condition, prospects, and options
    there must be consultation with at least one other independent doctor who needs to confirm the conditions mentioned above
    the death must be carried out in a medically appropriate fashion by the doctor or patient, and the doctor must be present
    the patient is at least 12 years old (patients between 12 and 16 years of age require the consent of their parents)
    Last edited by mmoc80711df9dc; 2016-12-04 at 04:56 PM.

By the amount of posters that are acting defensive upon being challenged here I'm going to guess that there is a lot of clinical depression going on in this thread and maybe even a lil' bit of admiration for someone who went ahead with suicide... which is any sane person's cue to bow out.

Here, have a Richard Dawkins T-shirt to go with all that pro-choice edge.