30/11 PTR Legendary Changes

Discuss.

Deleted
    BRM: Makes the Bracers by far the strongest Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    There's a weird overlap between the bracers and the Firestone Walkers. Seems like the bracers do the same thing, but without a cap and for every brew, not just Fort. I'd expect there to be some changes because the bracers are basically strictly better in every situation other than something like Shade of Aran where there's no melee attacks.

where did you find those notes? I didnt find them anywhere on mmo

So a fully stacked CJL will hit harder than FoF in single target with that legendary?

FoF: 525%*5 = 2625% of Attack power during 4 seconds (with no haste)
    CJL: 70%*2.5*20 = 3500% of Attack Power during 4 seconds at no cost (with no haste)

I took my attack power %s from wowhead, IDK if they're updated or not, if this is the case, that's pretty cool but you still can't move during the cast

Quote Originally Posted by rammsz View Post
    where did you find those notes? I didnt find them anywhere on mmo
    Wowhead. Much more readable format that MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigo View Post
    So a fully stacked CJL will hit harder than FoF in single target with that legendary?

CJL: 70%*2.5*20 = 3500% of Attack Power during 4 seconds at no cost (with no haste)

I took my attack power %s from wowhead, IDK if they're updated or not, if this is the case, that's pretty cool but you still can't move during the cast
    Sure if you don't count Transfer the Power, Fist of the Wind, and Crosswinds.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    No way they go live like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post

Discuss.
    BrM looks to be too strong, I'd be surprised if it makes it to live.

ToK one is a nerf to survivability and I'd say a slight buff to damage since you need to absorb less damage to do the same amount of damage back at target.

CJL one, don't know. It has potential to be crazy high burst. 250% * 20 = 5,000% increased damage and 0 energy cost... Haven't checked lately, but IIRC my CJL ticks for about 7.5k right now. 5k% increase means it's going to tick for 375k and cost no energy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigo View Post

Isn't FoF also physical and mitigated by armor? CJL would be counted as a spell and not be mitigated by armor.

So that CJL legendary + 8% from Hit Combo + ~42% from Mastery + armor mitigation bypass = a lot of ranged damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Didn't think of that. But CJL still has the armor bypass ability for being spell damage, so could make up for it.

The UNDERLYING point to all of this is. How much more overall damage will using a 20 stacked CJL be over not using it at all. The damage seems to be comparable to FoF on single target, but you should only be using it once after every 20 chi-spending abilities, which won't be often.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-11-30 at 10:26 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I do wonder if you'd get more than one stack if you use a chi spender that costs more than one chi. Anyway, glad to see they buffed it, it was definitely needed. It'll be 3570% of AP now.

An average (I think I used 7 stacks of xfer the power last time I calculated this) FoF is 4452% of AP, so you're looking at roughly 80% of a FoF. How often depends a bit on whether or not you get more than one stacks. It ignoring armor is very nice, but standing in one place for four seconds might not be.

ToK legendary probably needed a nerf, but I'm not sure the survivability aspect of it is what needed nerfing...
    Last edited by mmoc9e9e55a540; 2016-11-30 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Well the reducing of the cost up to a 100% can make a difference.... because there have been points in my rotation where i had a downtime...sitting on 3 chi (keeping them for FoF, which is getting off CD in 3-5 secs) and having no energy. This way the chest will have some use.... but, tbh.... not a very exciting item to own...

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post

Right! forgot about that but seems useful for those times were you're energy starved and need the chi for FoF or some cooldown that's coming up