For anyone interested in Super Mario Maker 3DS

IGN is about to stream it live. (45mins from this post)
    https://www.twitch.tv/ign

They gave it a review score of 7.2

Biggest con was no mystery mushroom and lack of being able to share outside of Share Play/Local. Personally I can't wait to get it Friday and do 100 man runs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Eh, I feel like no online courses really, really hurts the game.

Like, it's interesting to be able to share your course with friends, but I can already do that on my Wii U right now without having to hope everyone's cool with spending another $40 on a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Eh, I feel like no online courses really, really hurts the game.

Like, it's interesting to be able to share your course with friends, but I can already do that on my Wii U right now without having to hope everyone's cool with spending another $40 on a game.
    Ya the only online is the 100 mario challenge. That's why I am buying it personally, I don't own a wii-u and that's what I want to play.

They could change that in the future but I don't expect it to happen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya the only online is the 100 mario challenge. That's why I am buying it personally, I don't own a wii-u and that's what I want to play.

They could change that in the future but I don't expect it to happen.
    If it's not in at launch, I would imagine it's not going to happen. That's way too large of something to just tack on at a later date for a 3DS game.

I'm still semi-interested though in the game, but I already have the Wii U version so it seems pointless. It's not even like when I bought Smash for the 3DS because it came out a bit earlier and has pretty much all the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If it's not in at launch, I would imagine it's not going to happen. That's way too large of something to just tack on at a later date for a 3DS game.

I'm still semi-interested though in the game, but I already have the Wii U version so it seems pointless. It's not even like when I bought Smash for the 3DS because it came out a bit earlier and has pretty much all the same stuff.
    Ya it could, I just wouldn't hold my breath on it happening. Only reason to get this is if 1) U don't own the Wii-U version or 2) if u want the portability.

Yeah, no online courses no buy. Which is a shame, because since I have a 3DS finally (well, it's arriving today!) I was really looking forward to picking this up. I would have been fine without having access to the Wii U courses and all, but not having access to anything that others create unless I get it locally or whatever?

Yeahnope. Another spectacularly braindead decision from Nintendo, even if it's due to technical limitations for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, no online courses no buy. Which is a shame, because since I have a 3DS finally (well, it's arriving today!) I was really looking forward to picking this up. I would have been fine without having access to the Wii U courses and all, but not having access to anything that others create unless I get it locally or whatever?

Yeahnope. Another spectacularly braindead decision from Nintendo, even if it's due to technical limitations for some reason.
    You can download courses. You just have to write down the code and input it urself, It also has to be a 3DS approved course.

How they handled it is poor, but u can download courses.

online courses was the main selling point of the game for wii U

With switch around the corner this is pretty stupid move
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can download courses. You just have to write down the code and input it urself, It also has to be a 3DS approved course.

How they handled it is poor, but u can download courses.
    So wait...

3DS approved course - so you can get Wii U creations? Just only certain ones?

And needing to find the codes elsewhere and input them yourself? Yeahnothx. Maybe if there ends up being a site dedicated to hosting/curating courses for 3DS users so you can easily browse and find ones you want to play, but I can't see myself taking the time to manually hunt down courses each time I want to try something new.

there was talk of being able to browse courses via the web and favorite them and then play them via the wii-u. I'd like to think they had enough sense to allow that on the 3DS as well. 100 Mario course I wouldn't mind trying on the go, but I'd likely only pick this one up if it had some (highly unlikely) discount down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So wait...

3DS approved course - so you can get Wii U creations? Just only certain ones?

And needing to find the codes elsewhere and input them yourself? Yeahnothx. Maybe if there ends up being a site dedicated to hosting/curating courses for 3DS users so you can easily browse and find ones you want to play, but I can't see myself taking the time to manually hunt down courses each time I want to try something new.
    All the courses in the 100Man Mario mode are made on the Wii-U version. So lets say u seen a course u played on the 3DS and liked it, Ya u can input the code and download it or go into ur play history and download it. If you seen one on the Wii-U and wanted to try it on the 3DS u can see if it lets you via inputting the code.

All you have to do is write down the code and input it.

Personally I think they limited it because 1) It makes the Wii-U and future switch versions look good, got to get them sells and 2) There is over 40 million 3DS users, that would crash servers day 1 compared to the 10million Wii-U owners. Then both sides would be highly pissed.

Also....Its Nintendo.

Got the game and loving it....

But.....

the controls are so floaty its pissing me off.