Smile Legion's Best Professions for Personal Gain

In the past professions all had special things that you could do to increase your performance. (ie enchanting had enchanter only ring enchants, jewel crafting had mega gems, blacksmithing had extra slots to belt and bracer or something). Improvements that were BoP and only for the person with the profession.

These days they removed all that probably because it forced people to pick professions they didn't like so they could do more damage/healing whatever. So now the personal gains from professions are pretty minimal and it really doesn't matter TOO much what professions you pick.

I'd like to find the little perks of each profession and weigh the costs and amount of time needed to gain these perks.

Personally, I have engineering and inscription at the moment and don't really feel too excited about either one.

Engineering:

--Rocket Boots: Share cooldown with dps pots and don't work in most pvp.
    --Goblin Glider: Doesn't work everywhere anymore, works in some BGs, doesnt work in mythic+ dungeons. Plus you could just buy the BOE parachute gliders off the AH and get the same effect.
    --Failure Detection Pylon: works on regular mythic dungeons (was useful once during a karazhan nightbane run) but doesnt work on M+ dungeons.
    --Auction House in Dalaran: Very cool and convenient, people that have to go to orgrimmar are suckers!
    --Jeeves: very cool, personal bank access during raids is awesome and repairs when people can't mount up.

--vantus runes/glyphs: I can make these and sell them on the AH, big whoop

From what I've heard from friends in game is that Alchemy and Enchanting are the best professions in Legion. Reasoning behind these 2 choices are:

Alchemy
    --2 hour flask: flasks are too expensive, and were using them outside of raids (in mythic+ dungeons). 2 hour flasks are amazing.

Enchanting
    --disenchanting: running m+ dungeons over and over, world quests giving loads of crappy gear, getting bags full of epics, being able to disenchant is HUGE!

I feel like with most professions their main thing is the fact that you can make stuff and sell it on the AH. I am not interested in this. I am looking for more personal gains that make my wow playing more convenient and cheap without having to spend a lot of time on them.

DISCLAIMER: This post is based on my personal preferences based off my playing style. My playing style consists of Mythic+ dungeon farming, World quests, some casual raiding, and doing battlegrounds/arenas occasionally.

I am curious as to what others find as the best professions in Legion and their reasoning. Thank you

Gathering professions by far, maybe not the most interesting but definitely the most profitable, doubled my gold with what I started Legion with, made 4 million so far and it's only been out for 3 months, I usually make about 70k a day from mining Felslate and Leystone.

The only thing I've been able to make money from on my server is enchanting. Everything else barely makes a decent profit unless I want to quit playing the game all together and just sit at the AH, or run around in circles farming herbs/ore. As usual I'm able to make just enough gold a month to keep my sub going.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Gathering professions by far, maybe not the most interesting but definitely the most profitable, doubled my gold with what I started Legion with, made 4 million so far and it's only been out for 3 months, I usually make about 70k a day from mining Felslate and Leystone.
    I find it hard to believe you're pulling in 70k a day even after the Blood of Sargeras vendor release. But if you are, then good for you mang. Very tempting, but I think all the herbing/mining would cut into my AP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The only thing I've been able to make money from on my server is enchanting. Everything else barely makes a decent profit unless I want to quit playing the game all together and just sit at the AH, or run around in circles farming herbs/ore. As usual I'm able to make just enough gold a month to keep my sub going.
    Alright cool, another point for Enchanting.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can consistently make about 40,000 gold per day with skinning alone. Stonehide leather is still a fairly popular selling item on my realm. Big gamy ribs are also a hot item, going for 1000 plus per stack. I farm goats in Nesingwary with rank 3 stonehide skinning. I get epics occasionally which will net another 20-200k depending on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewmkin View Post
    I can consistently make about 40,000 gold per day with skinning alone. Stonehide leather is still a fairly popular selling item on my realm. Big gamy ribs are also a hot item, going for 1000 plus per stack. I farm goats in Nesingwary with rank 3 stonehide skinning. I get epics occasionally which will net another 20-200k depending on the item.
    Awesome, another profitable story from gathering professions. Really making me consider devoting an hour a day to gathering.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would really like to hear from someone with Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, or Tailoring with reasoning backing their choice other than the fact they can sell stuff they make on the auction house.

Currently I'm torn between the following professions:
    Alchemy: 2 hour flask
    Enchanting: ability to disenchant the mountain of trash epics received from mythic runs and world quests.
    Leatherworking: bloodlust (drums)

Curious if anyone can top these convenient profession perks with something else? Again, I am not really interested in professions to gather or craft stuff for gold. Just looking for Quality of Life improvements similar to the above listed professions.

I do the same thing every expansion. Smash main (BS/Eng) to 100. Casually level my herb/mine druid and skinning/jc blood dk. Level mage (tailor/chanter), hunter (alchemy/leather), and pally (inscrip/chanter) through rested exp.
    It's all about the druid and dk when it comes to gold. I farm a bunch, sell mats, and make a few pieces of gear and stuff that have rank 3. The real issue for me is that rank 3 recipes are mostly rng WQ's, and I don't alt that hard.
    If you're looking for profit, farm and play the ah. If you're looking for QoL, eng. Other prof QoL stuff is mostly BoE and you can buy or make it for your main with eng.

Quote Originally Posted by chrewm View Post
    I find it hard to believe you're pulling in 70k a day even after the Blood of Sargeras vendor release.
    TBH, Ore is selling for more now than it was before the Blood of Sarergas vendor opened up business. I usually sell 20 x felslate in stacks of 50 for 2650 - 2800 gold each and about 40 stacks of 50 Leystone for about 800 gold each. The price wont stay that high for ever but I am taking the most advantage I can.

Deleted
    People are running out of bloods, already reports of people going back to Gathering. Well it was nice while it lasted.