Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let the man write at his own pace. It will come out when it's out.

Honestly, I can't stand it whenever I see an article about him at some convention and the comments usually consist of people complaining about the books not being finished. I don't think those kinds of folk understand how difficult writing can be at times, especially if there are other things in your life that are keeping you busy. I'd rather he take his time with the book than rush it out and cater to fan demand; that's how quality suffers and shitty stories are produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post

Honestly, I can't stand it whenever I see an article about him at some convention and the comments usually consist of people complaining about the books not being finished. I don't think those kinds of folk understand how difficult writing can be at times, especially if there are other things in your life that are keeping you busy. I'd rather he take his time with the book than rush it out and cater to fan demand; that's how quality suffers and shitty stories are produced.
    You know I'd have more sympathy for him on that if it weren't for the fact that since the last book came out a TV adaptation was made of his books that's actually managed to overtake the main narrative.

Also if the last book hadn't ended in about 10 separate cliffhangers that he's left dangling for 5 years. Several of which were originally intended to be resolved within the book itself but he customarily ran out of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I'm not really sure it counts as a delay. I know everyone was hopeful for late 2016, and then early 2017, but did GRRM or the publisher actually ever give an estimation?
    The original plan was to bring it out early this year, before Season 6 even aired, but he missed his deadline last year, so yeah i'd say the plan was to bring it out this year.

I firmly believe that Martin has become so enamored with fame that he is sitting on his last two books until the afterglow of the show starts to fade. Once he starts to feel the warm glow of the spotlight start to wane, then the book will suddenly be all but ready to go.

God forbid HBO does a spin off, the books will never be published.

He is re-writing shit to go along with the show. Like, now he has to kill Stannis and now he has to resurrect Johnny boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He is re-writing shit to go along with the show. Like, now he has to kill Stannis and now he has to resurrect Johnny boy.
    I call bollocks on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The original plan was to bring it out early this year, before Season 6 even aired, but he missed his deadline last year, so yeah i'd say the plan was to bring it out this year.
    There is a reason the show isn't airing until Spring 2017, to give GRRM time to finish Winds of Winter. But I seriously doubt that book will be finished even by then.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, GRRM is rewriting the book to DIFFER from the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't think Jon was being ressed in the books, you're clearly reading different books to me . It was painfully clear that his death was only a temp thing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post

I would be fine waiting if the dude wasn't an old obese guy that will most likely die before the next book even comes out.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-12-01 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    At this rate we wont need the book to come out, Nuclear Winter will have set in and we'll be LIVING A Song of Ice and Fire before we get to read it...

I mean, I get it, as a Writing Phobic writer myself, I understand his slow pace... But people have been born, lived their whole lives and died in the time it's take him to write this gods damned book.
    Martin's not even writing slowly, that's the thing. He's just bloating the books. More! More! More! No, Martin, dial it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If you don't think Jon was being ressed in the books, you're clearly reading different books to me . It was painfully clear that his death was only a temp thing.
    Castle Black was merely a setback??

Dany and Stan smashing on the throne or Dany and Ramsay. DanRam BOOM.

Pff. Jon Snow wasn't gonna stay dead. Don't be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Pff. Jon Snow wasn't gonna stay dead. Don't be crazy.
    I would have liked Cersei to annihilate everyone and be alone atop the throne. When she finally gets everything she's ever wanted, there is no one to share it with. Roll credits as the WW sweep across the land.

Hopefully, Marty will have WoW not have the dumb as fuck happy ending with Dany and Jonny on the throne with Ty as the hand of the new Targe dynasty. Anything other than something similar to that will be a delight and it won't happen until the end, cuz of those people get clicked too soon, the show/books will lose their luster.

Deleted
    I think he is being a lazy bastard who has been cought by age and a bad shape. He has rached a point now where he has trouble keeping track of his Icelandic saga amount of no-impact characters in the books and has forgotten half of his original ending.

Thank god for the show letting us get at least one kind of ending to it.

To be perfectly honest. The books arent that great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    There is a reason the show isn't airing until Spring 2017, to give GRRM time to finish Winds of Winter. But I seriously doubt that book will be finished even by then.
    The show usually airs in the Spring, its airing in the Summer next year, the reason is that they needed to push the filming schedule back to later in the year so that they could film in the autumn where the conditions look closer to the Westeros winter than filming in the summer.

We've already covered stuff that will be in book 6 in Season 6, so getting the book out before the series has waaaay past, that horse bolted when George missed yet another deadline in December last year (after missing one not 2 months before that), I don't think the show cares when the books come out now, there just gonna do there own thing and leave George to his procrastinating.

You could like us David Gerrold fans who have been waiting for nearly 24 years now for the next book in his series! (War Against the Chtorr series, book 5 Method for Madness)

It's fun, you'll love it, honest. :|

Or sadly, John Steakley's follow up to one of the best sci-fi novels ever, Armor. He started it, even fed the first chapter to a fan based website/forum... and then he passed of cancer.
    Last edited by Cûr; 2016-12-01 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, GRRM is rewriting the book to DIFFER from the show.
    The reason the show is delayed is because they wanted to shoot when it was colder. Its supposed to take place during the winter afterall.

Deleted
    Fuck me. Leave teh guy alone.

Yeah no other book series ever had such a successful TV-series made out of it while the series was still unfinished. They got movies, which is a hell of a lot different.
    LotR was meant to be released as one big volume but was split into three, initially two.
    Twilight is fucking shit.
    Narnia is also shit.
    Eragon? WHo the hell has heard of that?

A Song of Ice and Fire is the best fantasy book series since Lord of the Rings. Why? Because he takes fucking time to write it. LotR was also written over a long, long time and LotR still doesn't have the drama and amount of characters that Ice & Fire does.
    So piss off with this nagging you impatient babies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Fuck me. Leave teh guy alone.

Yeah no other book series ever had such a successful TV-series made out of it while the series was still unfinished. They got movies, which is a hell of a lot different.
    LotR was meant to be released as one big volume but was split into three, initially two.
    Twilight is fucking shit.
    Narnia is also shit.
    Eragon? WHo the hell has heard of that?

A Song of Ice and Fire is the best fantasy book series since Lord of the Rings. Why? Because he takes fucking time to write it. LotR was also written over a long, long time and LotR still doesn't have the drama and amount of characters that Ice & Fire does.
    So piss off with this nagging you impatient babies.
    Asoiaf is not even a good book series. It started out with potential but devulged into an Icelandic saga with to many no-impact characters and entire families that you had to hear 100 pages of background info on.

The truth is that the series is great. And its carried the books. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Asoiaf is not even a good book series. It started out with potential but devulged into an Icelandic saga with to many no-impact characters and entire families that you had to hear 100 pages of background info on.

The truth is that the series is great. And its carried the books. Sorry
    Didn't know the truth could be subjective.