Mage pawn strings

Hi,

who has pawn strings for the 3 mage specs?

I only found some on Noxxic but they seem not right to me:

Frost : ( Pawn: v1: "PvE-Mage-Frost-Noxxic": CritRating=6.03, MasteryRating=3.03, HasteRating=7.53, Intellect=9.03, Versatility=4.53 )
    Arcane : ( Pawn: v1: "PvE-Mage-Arcane-Noxxic": CritRating=6.76, MasteryRating=7.51, HasteRating=3.01, Intellect=9.01, Versatility=4.51 )
    Fire: Crit [9.03] > Intellect [7.53] > Mastery [6.03] > Versatility [4.53] > Haste [3.03]

I'm especially interested in one for Arcane but the Noxxic string has Haste so low. Is that right? I mean Arcane mages are casting a lot of Arcane Blast and Haste should be good for that.

So, please explain the stats a little and if the Noxxic strings are right

Fire at least is way off. Haste and versa both can and will be at times better than Int for us. Mastery is about right though and crit is usually around 1.3 times the value of int.

Frost seems ok in ranks for TV build, but versa is way better than what that string is saying.

What comes to Arcane, nobody has done any real theorycrafting for it, because of quickening and it being so messy.

Deleted
    It's just so dependant on talents you choose. Every build promotes different stats so generalizing priorities is just inaccurate.

Deleted
    You should simcraft your own char to get the correct PAWN string value, it varies depends on talents (i mean if you don't use the only one talent build), and really depends your current gear.

What sites posts is like an average stat weight that probably not 100% correct for your char. On single target BTW vers better than mastery and haste probably not that low (if you not use Knidling probably maybe correct).

Deleted
    Noxic? Really? Please don't mention that bullshit anywhere.

Only way to get stat values is to sim yourself - guide here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...veUv4c/preview

Simming is really so very easy, and any stat weights you find will be wrong. Mind you, the ones you pasted seem more wrong than most, especially for fire. The frost weights look like they are better for a ray of frost build, since that values haste higher.

Still, the weights of the stats vary wildly depending on your gear: an example, crit is the best stat for a generic frost build until you hit 33,4% which makes shatter a 100% crit chance and after that the value of that stat decreases by quite a bit and suddenly you should start stacking haste. Mastery is bad for frost except when it isn't. If you, for some reason, are going for a glacial spike build, you should stack mastery etc. etc. You simply can't pull a pawn string from the internet and go with that unless you're okay gearing wrong.

I modify my Pawn string with every new item as it changes wildly. Just sim your character, it's not that difficult.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Thanks, I now that Noxxic is crap, that's why I was asking.
    What are you choosing as fight style in Simulcraft? LightMovement?

Download Simcraft, set it to give you stat weights (Options -> Scaling -> Enable Scaling, Select Int Vers Mas Crit Haste, and I also do Weapon DPS but I don't know why) run the program, and a couple minutes later you will have your very own, personalized to YOUR GEAR stat weights.

People are going to tell you haste is awful, for example, but for me haste is 1.02 over int at 1. Haste is much better than mastery, and for me versatility but there was a time when vers was better.

The only accurate way to gear your character is to learn what your stat weights are in your level of gear, and simcraft is the only way to do that of which I know.

I understand what you mean with sim your char. And it makes sense for the most part but I think you all forget something.
    If you update your stat weights with every new item you get, you are only planing for one item ahead.
    But let's say you are iLevel 840 and just starting out to gear yourself, the stats are totally different to a 870 char.

You need to plan ahead so you don't pass on gear that is bad for 840 char but awesome if you are 870.

im struggling to get pawn to work too...any help is appreciated.