Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Ephemeral Paradox from Nighthold seems utterly useless for holy priest right? I always thought it would affect any healing spell only to now find out it only affects heal which will never be cast.
    The proc itself can happen from any healing spell. To get the mana back, you'll have to weave the free Heal into your casts. I'd probably still use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    The proc itself can happen from any healing spell. To get the mana back, you'll have to weave the free Heal into your casts. I'd probably still use it.
    But it will never ever provide more or even close to the amount of a spine regardless of item level.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    But it will never ever provide more or even close to the amount of a spine regardless of item level.
    If we are still spamming Flash Heals in the next patch, maybe. But the meta can shift in favor of Binding Heal+Renew or POH spam in which case Amalgams loses a lot of it's value.

People have also reported that the proc from Trail of Light no longer counts as another Flash Heal (so it can't proc Blessing of T'uure and maybe Amalgam's as well?). If that is the case, we can't double dip from Amalgam's proc anymore. I'll also be trying out Piety once I have the 4pc so I'll be losing those free Flash Heal procs.

Also the Heal cast itself is free so assuming you made use of the heal itself, that's another 18,700 mana saved.

If we are still spamming Flash Heals in the next patch, maybe. But the meta can shift in favor of Binding Heal+Renew or POH spam in which case Amalgams loses a lot of it's value.

People have also reported that the proc from Trail of Light no longer counts as another Flash Heal (so it can't proc Blessing of T'uure and maybe Amalgam's as well?). If that is the case, we can't double dip from Amalgam's proc anymore. I'll also be trying out Piety once I have the 4pc so I'll be losing those free Flash Heal procs.

Also the Heal cast itself is free so assuming you made use of the heal itself, that's another 18,700 mana saved.
    ToL procing Amalgams was never that valuable in the first place. Since ToL would refresh the buff on the last target, unless you're waiting 6 seconds between flash heals there was no net gain.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's been recommended to me to combine the 880 nightbane chest (which buffs kara gear) with the fluxating manaball thing. I just grabbed the trinket, now I need nightbane love to check it out.

I don't do high-end content anymore, but I love the nagflare/proc trinket, and sometimes a mana one. If I need the mana. (Not a cocoon fan, but keep a gemmed one in my bags. ). I like an output pair usually. Nagflare and mote of sanctification or even a Titan forged haste proc vial I got from COS. Laugh. If you have the mana to burn that vial puts out, It's like my own personal Lust/hero. I wouldn't run it in an 8 min mythic raiding but dungeons with good DPS and tank, it's a blast.

Deleted

The problem is that the mana you save you don't really "save" since you're casting a heal that you would not even have cast if it wasn't free if you get my point. So what you gain from the trinket really is the ability to cast a Heal that returns some mana. It feels like no matter how our playstyle shifts we will still be weaving in enough flash heals to make Spine better. Time will tell, but the trinket it seriously underwhelming if you compare it to Disc for instance who gets the effect on Shadow Mend instead.

I cast heal pretty often actually. I use it as a filler combined with smite (since it's mana free and will proc free flash heals) when there isn't a lot of damage going out. It's an excellent way to conserve mana, especially in the terribly long fight that is Elisandre. For what it's worth I'm usually purple or orange on logs. I may be able to improve if I remove it, but for me I always work it in to a rotation barring times when it just isn't possible. I was using cocoon but I found myself stopping the channel early at least half of the time because someone needed a quick heal. That being said, I havn't done enough testing with it to know if it's worth it, BUT, considering I already use heal a fair amount, 47 times on elisandre compared to 83 flash heals, I think it may be worth it for at least me. Feel free to check my logs. And ignore my guldan kill. I went in blind and not knowing mechanics. :-)
    Last edited by Zerawin; 2017-01-23 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerawin View Post
    I cast heal pretty often actually. I use it as a filler combined with smite (since it's mana free and will proc free flash heals) when there isn't a lot of damage going out. It's an excellent way to conserve mana, especially in the terribly long fight that is Elisandre. For what it's worth I'm usually purple or orange on logs. I may be able to improve if I remove it, but for me I always work it in to a rotation barring times when it just isn't possible. I was using cocoon but I found myself stopping the channel early at least half of the time because someone needed a quick heal. That being said, I havn't done enough testing with it to know if it's worth it, BUT, considering I already use heal a fair amount, 47 times on elisandre compared to 83 flash heals, I think it may be worth it for at least me. Feel free to check my logs. And ignore my guldan kill. I went in blind and not knowing mechanics. :-)
    I can't imagine it ever beating Spine, but I'd love to see you try and post the results