Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should I just switch loot spec to Frost, before it's too late?

I decided to wait, and wait, because I love Unholy, but I'm 880 ilvl with perfect stats and I'm being third in DPS in EN HC in a guild that's around 865-870 ilvl.

I got 1 Legendary - Acherus Drapes, which also work for Frost, but my weapon is 903 ilvl with 34 traits. I don't know, if I want to leave Unholy behind, because I simply feel no enjoyment from it anymore, and the new changes doesn't make it look more appealing to me.

I have effectively the same dilemma. It is infuriating.

I tried frost for a couple of fights tonight in ENHC and it was silly. Other than Ursoc, I did miles more damage. That's with 16 ilevels less on my frost artifact.

Deleted
    I suggest that you finish up your weapon(getting the 5% buff, I guess its like 35 or 36th trait). Then work on Frost if you wish so. In that way you can play either one when they patch comes out and are good to go.

Thanks for the responses, I think I'll give Mastery Unholy a chance, especially if I get the new leg helmet. For now, I think I'll level blood second, just because it's so hard to find mythic+ groups as DPS most of the times, esp when not raiding Mythic raids and you don't have 885+ ilvl.
    Last edited by Boneflayer; 2016-12-01 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Thanks for the response, I think I'll give Mastery Unholy a chance, especially if I get the new leg helmet. For now, I think I'll level blood second, just because it's so hard to find mythic+ groups as DPS most of the times, esp when not raiding Mythic raids and you don't have 885+ ilvl.
    I would wait it out too, who knows what happens with the secondary stat balancing and maybe more tuning in 7.1.5. I think the class is pretty troubled no matter what spec you play so lets hope for the best in 7.1.5, reroll a more rounded class or quit the game. If you leveled your artifact knowledge it should be pretty easy to catch up or start a new class with the catch up mechanics .. besides finding the proper legendaries ..

The only other class I'm willing to play is Survival, and it's even worse right now, and doesn't seem to get any QoL changes either, lul.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses, I think I'll give Mastery Unholy a chance, especially if I get the new leg helmet. For now, I think I'll level blood second, just because it's so hard to find mythic+ groups as DPS most of the times, esp when not raiding Mythic raids and you don't have 885+ ilvl.
    Really good idea.

I myself went UH/Blood. I know for a fact that I can farm mythic all day long without downtime. I even got my legendary bracers when I was tanking in Blood(just set loot spec to UH).

Thing is with Blood you need tons of haste(im just tanking in UH gear. No problem until you reach 10+).

I also suggest that you run the dungeons that gives you much gear from regular drops(and just do it over and over again, until you master the specific dungeons, instead of doing a wide varity of dungeons. That is like the best advice ever for tanking).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-12-01 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    It's never too late to switch specs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    It's never too late to switch specs
    Of course it is.

And it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Of course it is.

And it is.
    AK25 in 1,5½ month. That means 100K AP per random dungeon/BG(not to mention equivelent WQ's).

It's FAR better to roll on both DPS specs, so you can swap in between raids depending on the fight(just like how the game worked last 12 years). There is no legendary that can match that and how much you provide by using the strength of different specs.

Deleted
    do we really need more fotm shitters playing our spec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    Why would you care either way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    AK25 in 1,5½ month. That means 100K AP per random dungeon/BG(not to mention equivelent WQ's).

It's FAR better to roll on both DPS specs, so you can swap in between raids depending on the fight(just like how the game worked last 12 years). There is no legendary that can match that and how much you provide by using the strength of different specs.
    Your guild allows you to roll on plate items with differing stats?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if something isnt fun to you because youre number 3 on the meters instead of number 1 even with a 15 ilvl difference then i guess its just time to fuck off and find a new hobby.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    if something isnt fun to you because youre number 3 on the meters instead of number 1 even with a 15 ilvl difference then i guess its just time to fuck off and find a new hobby.
    WORD!(this goes for most people nowadays).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Why would you care either way?

- - - Updated - - -

Your guild allows you to roll on plate items with differing stats?
    No, it's complete impossible(just like it's too late to reroll etc.).

I wonder how people played this game, when it was expected that you would have 2 specs depending on the fight.

Maybe a new generation of LoL players have taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    Lol, "fotm shitter" ? I've never played the most overpowered specs, quite the opposite, I got pushed away from them. But I feel lack of enjoyment playing Unholy in it's current state, spamming wet noodles and not doing pretty much anything right now. I personally hate frost's design and that it's a braindead spec, but I don't tell you that, do I?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I didn't say it's not fun. I said the spec is underperforming, and yes, I know, some specs are better on some fights than others are, like I am first on AoE fights and in the middle in fights with a lot of mobility, like Cenarius f.e.. Problem is I feel so burned out of Unholy rn, that I just want to play something else.

Honestly, you should have switched like I did a month ago after 7.1 first week parses came out.

35 traits, 2 legendaries in Frost. This FOTM shitter is quite happy, deal with it.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-12-01 at 04:41 PM.

I switched to frost few weeks ago and not regrets going it one bit. Got a 30 trait artifact in a matter of a week or so and it's been smooth sailing ever since. My weapon is still 10 ilvls and 4 traits lower than my apoc but I do like 50k more dps, it's insane.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it's not fun. I said the spec is underperforming, and yes, I know, some specs are better on some fights than others are, like I am first on AoE fights and in the middle in fights with a lot of mobility, like Cenarius f.e.. Problem is I feel so burned out of Unholy rn, that I just want to play something else.
    ...which also work for Frost, but my weapon is 903 ilvl with 34 traits. I don't know, if I want to leave Unholy behind, because I simply feel no enjoyment from it anymore, and the new changes doesn't make it look more appealing to me.
    So you never said it was under preforming, what you said is it is not fun anymore, what you actually said is that youre 3rd on the meters so youre not having fun. Do everyone a favor and unsub

I would say switch, it wont take you long to level up the artifact.

Deleted
    I'm in the exact same position OP and i neither like Frost gameplay neither underperforming