Mythic Cenarius Zerg tanking

Hello guys,

we are going to try mythic Cenarius for the first time this evening and we have 3 tanks available - Warrior, Demon Hunter and Druid. Which one should we assign to be the dragon tank? I've heard that druids and warriors are good for it, but the DH seems to have lack of mitigation for spear in last phase... Can someone who already did it give us an advice?

Thank you very much

10+ Year Old Account
    DH are fine for spear, firey brand + spikes + 1 healer external.

Also if it procs their cheat death then you get the smallest pool possible.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Thanks for reply. Is warrior or druid better for dragons then? Or should we choose the one with better gear for it?
    Last edited by Grimbold of Skullcrusher; 2016-12-01 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Two facts.
    1st. Druid will/should deal more dps on the boss than the warrior would,
    2nd. The warrior if smart with the timers on dragon breath, can run/leap around to reset his stacks on the green pools. Saw our warrior tank do so. Funny to see dragons dancing around even coming close to melee and then back in the edges of the room for breath.

Concerning the spears in last phase, any tank can do it, but externals help a lot. If you're doing the zerg strat, you're going to get 4-5 spears max. Have the druid start with the boss in P2 and just rotate out externals/BoPs for the DH. If you have any paladins in raid, BoP is your best friend. Use the BoPs early so you have to move the boss as little as possible while you have more people alive.

Both warrior and Druid can tank dragons just fine. Put whichever one has more gear on the dragons, and put a Holy Paladin with them and it's all good.

A bit of advice also. If you can meet the damage check to push 35% before third Forces of Nightmare while 5 healing, do it. Obviously you 4 heal if the damage isn't there, but having a 5th healer makes the fight astronomically less sketchy. Also means that in P2 you can send a second healer over to the drake tank, just in case.

Deleted
    Warrior tanking the dragons is extremely fun experience. Any tank doesnt even need a dedicated healer before second dragon but Warrior just jumps/intervenes around.

Also remember this fight can be easily reset /evaded by pulling the dragons from the platform to the river. Nobody has to die during progress but lamers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say go with the Warrior for Dragons and the Druid for the boss, but in guilty of Feelcraft here
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    I have tanked the drakes as a guardian and you can do it without many issues. We didn't have a Palli for our first kill, so I did it with a monk heal, which would have really sucked if I had gotten to 4 drakes, but with 2, it is fine. Just remember to take displacer beast, it helps a lot with resetting stacks.

Mitigation wise both tanks should be fine, warrior has a distinct mobility advantage and should therefore be your first choice, if both tanks are equally skilled and geared. Also (was the case in our guild) if one of your tanks is the raidlead, leave him on the boss. You have no overview of the fight whatsoever when you are on drakes.