Is Blurred Time Undervalued?

So I just got blurred time and I wanted to do a bit of testing with it, and noticed that it affects CDR of true bearings.

I personally have never seen people really talk about that fact, but I do know people say that blurred time is shit because that it apparently only gives you something like 2.25 seconds of gained cooldown reduction per AR.

But it affecting TB seems pretty potent. I noticed with AR and TB my 6 point run throughs were reducing my cooldowns of MfD and AR by 14 seconds (probably actually 13.8) rather than the normal 12.

Essentially 1.5 seconds of extra cooldown reduction on MfD and AR every 5 combo points.

Did many people know about this interaction?
    Last edited by Valnar; 2016-12-01 at 07:03 PM.

I only realized it because I just got it too. I assume this is the issue since blurred time basically occurs at point 33 for a lot of people. I don't think it's undervalued at all, it's still pretty terrible IMO since it only interacts with true bearing. If it had some additional facet or a stronger affect maybe but as it is it's barely noticeable. If you took away BT I'd never notice honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    we knew of the interaction with TB but it doesn't really makes it that much better. the ability is very weirdly worded from what i undrestand and it works this way (feel free to correct me as i'm not 100% sure)

It lower the cd of all your abitlity by 15% during the 15 sec of AR:

let's say you are at 30/60sec on MFD - using AR lower the CD by 15% making it 25,5/51 15 sec pass and than you are at 10.5/51 AR end and you are at 12.35/60 when you would have normaly been at 15/60sec... saving about 2,5 sec of the CD

same thing for AR, it start at 150/150 and becomes 127.5/127.5 to 112.5/127.5 and then back to 132.35/150 saving again about 2.5 sec of cd...

than TB comes in and lets say you get 3x 6 cp finisher during AR for 36 sec off the cds

normaly it would be 150/150 - 15 - 36 = 99/150 sec but with blurred time its 127.5/127.5 - 15 - 36 = 76.5 bring that back to 150 sec cd and you have 90/150 sec saving 9 sec on the cd (witch is about 2 sec of CDR per finisher during AR with TB)

so it's better but clearly not amazing.

P.s: to my knowledge it works the same way for shadow's caress (sub pvp talent)
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-12-01 at 08:38 PM.

I think one thing you missed though is that you have to compare that 9 seconds of savings to the effective downtime you have on ar after all of your true bearings procs, not just your ar procs.

Like for example if with true bearings and no blurred time your total cooldown on ar is 60 seconds. 12 seconds of that is with ar so you have an effective 48 seconds of downtime on ar without blurred time.

If you add that 9 extra seconds of CDR from blurred you're at 39 seconds of downtime on ar. An approximate 18% reduction in downtime on ar.

That effect of those 9 seconds only gets stronger the more total true bearings combo points you can get in a single cooldown for ar.
    Last edited by Valnar; 2016-12-01 at 09:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnar View Post
    I think one thing you missed though is that you have to compare that 9 seconds of savings to the effective downtime you have on ar after all of your true bearings procs, not just your ar procs.

Like for example if with true bearings and no blurred time your total cooldown on ar is 60 seconds. 12 seconds of that is with ar so you have an effective 48 seconds of downtime on ar without blurred time.

If you add that 9 extra seconds of CDR from blurred you're at 39 seconds of downtime on ar. An approximate 18% reduction in downtime on ar.

That effect of those 9 seconds only gets stronger the more total true bearings combo points you can get in a single cooldown for ar.
    I'm not sure i 100% follow. I was only trying to explain who it works inside blurred time.

Yes if you have TB for AR CD blurred time gains some value (TB inside AR 2 in a sense) but you still gain only 9 sec (or a bit more if you can finisher one extra time). This is assuming you have TB 100% of the time witch is pure luck and is not very likely to happen...

I have no idea of what is the CD of AR with TB but yes the lower this cd is the stronger blurred time become (relativly). when you have TB haste also is stronger and probably a shit tone of other stuff but in the end i don't think it makes it worth it to fish for TB and because you are not fishing for TB situation were you have TB for AR + AR CD are up to luck.

if I remember correctly the dps increase of blurred time was very low in sims and my we can see why by the way the spell works. You may explore rerolling for TB for AR but i don't think it's going to be better or very reliable.

Do the simulators account for the bonus on tb from blurred or does it only give the base cdr from just the duration of ar buff? That's probably something that would be nice to know about simcraft or amr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnar View Post
    Do the simulators account for the bonus on tb from blurred or does it only give the base cdr from just the duration of ar buff? That's probably something that would be nice to know about simcraft or amr.
    There is no bonus on tb from blurred time, it's just they interact with each other giving more total cd reduction. if blurred time and TB are implemented correctly witch im almost 100% sure they are, the relsulting dps increase from them behing up at the same time will be calculated.

Its like 1.5k dmg increase on 450k damage.

Nice gold trait we have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Geehbee View Post
    Its like 1.5k dmg increase on 450k damage.

Nice gold trait we have there.
    From my simcraft sims I'm getting about a 7k difference between having and not having blurred time.
    Last edited by Valnar; 2016-12-02 at 12:40 AM.

The biggest issue with Blurred time is that it makes almost Zero difference in your cooldown usage overall.

For instance if a fight is 4 minutes long, 240 seconds. Lets assume no TB buffs.

You will get to use Adrenaline rush (155 sec cd) a total of 2 times. Using Kalador's math which checks out. We will save about 2.5 seconds off each of our AR cds. Which means in total we will save 5 seconds on AR assuming we use it right on cooldown the second it is available. This does not give you an extra AR, it doesn't give you anything except you can use your second AR 2.5 seconds earlier.

Lets assume we AR with TB, this will extend our cd reduction to 9 seconds. This will allow us to use maybe 2 extra Adrenaline rushes within those 4 minutes. 9x3 is still only 27 seconds. Which does not equate to a full Adrenaline rush either.

And remember that TB does not affect Curse of the Dreadblades. So Curse gets only reduced by about 3 seconds, DEPENDING ON THE COOLDOWN WHEN AR STARTED, because the less cooldown it has when you use AR, the less it will be reduced. 15% of 90 seconds is not the same as 15% of 15 seconds. At most it will allow you use to Curse of the Dreadblades 5 seconds earlier. Which doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

Now the primary comparison is Assassination - Master Assassin

With MA relics you can reduce Vendetta down to 1 minute. Saving you 30seconds PER VENDETTA useage. So if a fight is 200 seconds. Instead of using it at 0secs -> 90secs -> 180secs. We can now go 0secs-> 60secs -> 120secs -> 180secs. Effectively gaining 1 full usage of the ability.

And this is the biggest issue with Blurred time. The time is saves you does not add up to any significance whatsoever.

AND WHATS WORSE

If you have TB up, and your AR or your Cloak or any cd TB reduces is on 10 seconds or less cooldown. The 12 seconds of your TB finisher will completely and absolutely override any potential cooldown Blurred time provided. 2.5 second reduction gets demolished by a 12 second reduction of TB. Cancelling out any benefit.

Now the hope is the Blizzard has just changed Blurred time. To have no Snapback.

So the reduction during adrenaline rush is not added back after Adrenaline rush ends. Then it will be worth it.
    Last edited by Sonics12; 2016-12-02 at 12:33 PM.

For each point you spend you save .3 seconds, so 1.8 total for a 6 point RT. I think it's a bit stronger than your math indicates? Assume you can use ~13 run throughs in the first 36 seconds of the fight (just assume you get TB on opening MFD). That actually netted you about 20 seconds of CD reduction to your AR. The problem is that it rarely lands correctly to actually help that much, and has such a limited effect on other aspects of outlaw. It's such a non-trait, there's a reason it's point 33 of 34 despite being "gold".