Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    as 871 destro lock with 2 legendaries I actually kind of enjoy playing my destro lock in M+ and raids. I don't really like demo spec due to the micro managing of pets but if forced to play it in a raid for 1 boss I will if I can do good with it. Otherwise I like double chaos bolts flying and being able to survive teeming neltharion pelters thanks to mastery/drain life/ DR cooldown. Sure I'm not top of the meters every pull with 1 million aoe dps and 400k+ sustained single target but I get an easy laid back rotation, with like 500k+ aoe rotation and about 300-330k dps ST in my M+s after burst is over.

It's an ez life.

I wish our chaos bolts hit a little bit harder because when I use havoc and chaos bolt when rng proc is high I might get a 1 million total damage hit for both at the same time. My 862 ret pally hits 950k templar verdict on one mob.. it requires me hitting 2 mobs to match that same damage in one ability .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post

The Mastery? That's just a lot of people jumping on a "I hate RNG" bandwagon. I've yet to see a single person actually feeling the difference. Or do you actually really look at every single chaos bolt damage you cast and say "Oh, that one didn't hit as hard as the other". At least me personally, I haven't seen heavy fluctuation in my DPS because of Mastery (might be related to the fact that I don't really focus much on mastery on gear)
    Actually yes I have my miks scrolling battle text addon to only highlight my crits on right hand side of screen and I always see every chaos bolt that goes off and how hard it is. Sometimes I'll see 500k, 390k, 450k, 600k, 750k, the highest I've seen was around 900k single chaos bolt but that was a rare day indeed..

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for high end state of warlocks, but I have lots of fun on my warlock alt.
    Then again, most of my previous experience with warlock is from vanilla... and anyone who was a warlock then will probably agree that it literally could not get worse than the shit-show they were back then. I mean, it was bad enough to bury my warlock for over a decade until I recently dug him up.

But lets get to the point.
    I like demo and affliction, they're thematically cool and fun to play outside of raids. They're probably just a small change away from being nicer to play in raids (soul effigy for affliction is probably a problem, and for demo it's probably a mix of really-short-duration-on-summons and having-to-recast-empowerment-after-every-summon that makes them awkwardly immobile, both of which just require small shifts in numbers to fix).
    I always thematically liked destro, but it's always been boring as hell to play, so I'm not surprised why it's the same in that regard right now. Destro lock has always just been a fire mage that gets to press fewer buttons less often and gets worse dps, less utilty and less mobility out of it, which is sad. I do love the RNG mastery, though - it's RNG enough to be fun but not RNG enough to be as frustrating as outlaw rogues' roll the bones (on my rogue I looked at a 2h parse of playing, which included exactly two 6-rolls, five 2-rolls and apart from those ONLY 1-rolls).

Finally, it's sad that a few talents are still dead - especially grimoire of supremacy deserves to be a viable option but isn't (give the permanent big demon a powerful and interesting cooldown ability that gets affected by the legendaries and art.-traits that would normally affect their summon cooldown).
    Last edited by Shoat; 2016-12-02 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.